Gearbox / Sega To Cancel Aliens: CM?

Started by Darkness, Nov 22, 2008, 10:59:16 PM

Author
Gearbox / Sega To Cancel Aliens: CM? (Read 16,322 times)

Darkness

There’s a couple of stories circulating today on Kotaku and ShackNews that Gearbox / Sega was going to drop Aliens: Colonial Marines altogether. Apparently, Gearbox let go of a large number of employees today because Brothers In Arms: Hell’s Highway hadn’t sold well. Kotaku also mentions that Sega may have cut the funding on Colonial Marines because they were concerned that the project couldn’t be delivered on time and on budget.

Gearbox president Randy Pitchford has since made a statement saying the game is still in production but a release date hasn’t been confirmed. If the game is still in development, I’d expect it to be delayed at the very least. Still, there’s no smoke without fire. Sure is strange that we’ve seen very little of Aliens: CM and absolutely nothing of Obsidian’s Aliens RPG.

Neon_Knight

Neon_Knight

Oh man, that sucks.  I've been totally psyched about this game ever since I heard about it.  They really have to make it! I REALLY hope they don't pull the plug on it..

KongHyped006

o whattt?

Riptr2

Here's hoping that the game sees it to the end of its development cycle and sees a release with good support afterwards.

RÆIN General

???   they better not cancel Aliens CM  even though brothers in arms hells highway didnt do that well. this game will work better

Eidotemit

I really can't say I'm surprised

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Yeah, should have read the whole thing. Sorry.    :o  

Hell-Scorpion

I doubt they're going to cancel this. It seems they already bet alittle too much on this horse and the race has started. The only people I know of who fund unbelieveably large sums of money on somthing and then say 'Nah, F@#k it" is the US Gov, and Military R&D departments.

Sulaco

Sulaco

Worst news ever!!!

Commander Griker

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :'(  

War Wager

For the sake of the Alien series I hope to heck they don't quit on it.

The Necronoir

A game based on WWII performs poorly? Why is anyone surprised? It has to be the most over-done concept in gaming history.

gameoverman

Worse thing is they cut funding which might mean we get an incomplete, rushed game that is missing several bits.    :(    It's better off cancelled.

Six-String-Samurai

What is the point of making a game if you dont intend to finish it, it just leaves fans very disapointed    :'(  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed