Alien 5 without Aliens?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 06, 2008, 11:47:26 PM

Author
Alien 5 without Aliens? (Read 13,727 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

MTV Movies has been talking to Mrs Weaver and as usual she reveals that her and Ridley Scott have been talking about an Alien 5. Again. But this time it’s a little different:

“"What we're interested in is taking the character of Ripley and seeing what other science fiction story we can tell about someone who has lived several lives."

An Alien film without Aliens? I know it’s always been about Ripley but…Well, I’ll let you make your own minds up about it. Read the whole thing here. Thanks to Xenomorphine for the news.

The Ultimate Predator

You say with in the title.   Its been too often she says I want to do it, I don't want to do it, doesn't count as news for me anymore.

Andrew127

Andrew127

I think what she is trying to say is that if they do A5 it will ignore most of the other films, Hence the "science fiction story we can tell about someone who has lived several lives.”  Seems to me thats a cop out way of saying "We want to start a new Ripley story".

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

How about an alien movie with out ripley, seeing she died in Alien 3.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I've always been interested in seeing the alien and predator universe expanding, seeing new areas besides the alien and predators, but only if its done right    :P  

spinner7478

spinner7478

Wow, that just ruined my weekend.  Thanks Sigourney Weaver.

spinner7478

spinner7478

I just don't get it.  Why are there still people who think this franchise lives and dies around Ellen Ripley?  Don't get me wrong, "Alien" and "Aliens" are, in my opinion, 2 of the greatest sci-fi movies of our generation...but LET'S GIVE IT A REST.  Bringing her back for "Alien: Resurrection" was the worst mistake this franchise could have ever made.  Can we just let this character die already (especially considering that, um...SHE'S ALREADY DEAD)?  Here's my suggestion:  back off for a few years, let the stink of the AVP movies wear off, pray that the Aliens: Coloniel Marines game is a hit, and then try to reboot the franchise based on Steve Perry's trilogy (just find a way to write out Ripley for part 3).

War Wager

War Wager

If they put Ripley in a movie without Aliens, I won't be seeing it. Simple as.

Ash 937

Ash 937

It's a dangerous gamble.  It could work and it could not.  It all depends of whether or not Ridley still has some of that Blade Runner magic left in him.

Dallas 224

Dallas 224

She's just toying with us. Maybe means nothing is decided yet for an A5, but let's us talk about that.

MrFacehug

MrFacehug

That's gotta be the worst idea ever! If they make a movie with Ripley and without aliens, I'll kill myself...    :'(  

kcirtap33

kcirtap33

she just wants another payday seeing as she is nearly 60 years old.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That wasn't Perry's trilogy. He just adapted the pre-existing graphic novels into stuff. :)

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

-------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------ Well, I really do think they should just go to the Alien planet and also reveal the Space Jockey species. I mean, if they want Ripley to go a "chronicles" route and tell other stories that don't involve the Alien species, then put to rest the Aliens and their mystery. Tell us their origins and everything and move on. I totally agree now that the Alien creature just isnt scary anymore...too much of it has been overexposed. The mystery of it is gone, really. I can understand they want to do something new and different, but I think first...end the "Alien" chapter of Ripley's life for good. Go to the source, end it and go a different direction. Ridley is *ucking brilliant, we know that...Im sure that whatever he decides to do, he wont *uck things up (I hope).  I would ONLY be happy if they totally close the Alien chapter and THEN tell stories of other adventures, following Ripley. Hopefully, it wont be like what they did to Riddick. I really liked Pitch Black, but man did they screw up with "Chroinciles of Riddick" = /

Chris P

Chris P

What?  An ALIEN 5 with no ALIEN?  A "chronicals of Ripley"?  Let me say NO!  This would suck!  I believe the main reason for Riply existing is the ALIEN organism.  If you took that away, it would be more like a fictional documentary, rather than a Sci Fi film expansion.  I vote against this plan of action.  They stated that they would have to go "back to the drawing board".  Well, with what?  The creature design? Origination?    You knwo what I am getting out of this..... a PREqual to A L I EN(1979), not a sequal to Alien Resurrection.  As long as it goes into depth regarding the ALIEN organism, I am fine with this.  The Ripley character definately needs to be exposed more, but WITH the ALIEN, NOT without.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed