New Aliens CM Details

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 16, 2008, 10:11:29 PM

Author
New Aliens CM Details (Read 11,169 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

PlayStation magazine PSW (PlayStation World) recently did a massive article on the upcoming Colonial Marines game. While they released no new screenshots, they did reveal quite a bit about the game!

• One aspect of the story ties neatly into the Aliens universe is the use of the Weyland-Yutani Corporation as an over-arching evil, a puppet-master pulling the strings behind the action. Though your immediate survival against the Sulaco's alien infestation is your primary concern, the game will build in a conspiracy story behind the gameplay.
  • There will be more than six episodes to wade through, including some revelations that could affect the Aliens cannon.
  • All team members are essential. One marine will be able to hack security doors another will be able to set portable gun turrets. Each carries their own signature weapon. The officer carries a standard pistol, while the other squad members carry flame throwers, pulse rifles, grenades, one even carries an RPG
  • Gearbox has said new aliens will be introduced to ensure that there's plenty to shoot.

Forum members WarWager and Sh0dan have been kind enough to scan up the pages and post the new information, the rest of which you can read in the CM board. The game is sounding better and better. Keep your eyes on this space for more news.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

New aliens? mmmmmmmmmmmm... I hope they are designed good and fit in right with the Xenomorphs we know.  what's with the new alien ideas all of a sudden?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Expanding the franchise, I guess. Makes sense. I love the notion of there being aliens hidden away from us.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

@ Corporal Hicks  The concept of there being other aliens with the alien and predator universe, mainly the movies, has always been an interesting idea, I think. I have always wanted to see new aliens, not necessarily linked with aliens or predators, but will expand the universe and ideas, but only if done correctly, its obvious Weyland-Yutani know of other alien things out the, why should they focus on one, or two if you count predator tech.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd think there would be more species though. Predator 2 showed us there are. Whether they're sentient or not, that's up for debate. But the EU has always been eager to expand and I personally love the ancient race kinda stuff.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Some of those details are a little inaccurate.  The mag says the game will have MORE than six episodes.  And that the W-Y conspiracy will be a behind the scenes sub-plot to the main narrative, like in the movies.  It says new aliens will be introduced, but it doesn’t mention non-xenomorph aliens.  It also says that if a marine dies you will no longer be able to use his skills like explosives etc. A little contradictory I know, but that’s what its says.    :)  

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Well at least that’s how I interpreted it. Though I could be wrong.    :P  

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Modifed the post.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I think by "new aliens" they mean Space Jockeys......

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No. I think they mean hybrids.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

@ Corporal Hicks  I wonder if there will be a Predalien?

War Wager

War Wager

Gearbox have said they'll be staying away from the Predator species, which would imply, no PredAlien. This is good I'd say.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Nah, no PredAliens. It'd mean connection to the Predators, like War Wager said. I think we'll end up with a Jockey hybrid or something. :)

konradski

konradski

so its a mix of the original avp 2 series/alien trilogy(conspiricy within )with a dash of resident evil 4/tombraider 6,, hit a x l trigger r2 crap for the movie sequences and brothers in arms/starwars commando. nothing new then i see, exept its based around aliens and will be cashing in on the franchise name hope we get the sdk for pc so it can be modified

War Wager

War Wager

I really can't think of any animals that would be on the Sulaco. They might not even be hybrids, mabye just a new stage in the lifecycle. King Alien or something...   :P  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed