Stan Winston: 1946-2008

Started by Darkness, Jun 16, 2008, 08:21:41 PM

Author
Stan Winston: 1946-2008 (Read 21,491 times)

Darkness

Darkness

This is some very sad news. Special effects artist Stan Winston passed away on Sunday, June 15th in Los Angeles, California. He was 62 years old. Stan has, of course, worked on some iconic movies in his career such as Terminator and Jurassic Park and has created some of the most memorable special effects in cinematic history.

Stan Winston - Stan Winston: 1946-2008

He is best remembered in this community for his work in Aliens for creating the Queen Alien which he won an Oscar for, and for creating the Predator in both Predator movies. He most recently worked on Terminator 4 and would have been involved with Jurassic Park 4 too. This news is completely unexpected. He will be sadly missed. R.I.P. Stan Winston.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

Absolutely tragic.  He is loved by many.   Condolonces to his family, friends, and the rest of the fans.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I feel like crying    :'(  !  WHY did he died so soon?!

Dallas001

Dallas001

:(   Rest in peace Stan. You left a legendary legacy many will never be able to touch. Let your legend live on.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

This really sucks. Hopefully his studio will continue the good work.

Iron Hide

Iron Hide

:'(  

MudButt

MudButt

Noo! Why?!!!  Gosh, R.I.P. Stan, you were a master with your work..

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Very sad news indeed...

War Wager

War Wager

I'm pretty upset right now. He was the best monster maker that ever lived.

Xhan

Xhan

Later days.

alexpj19

alexpj19

oh nooo,   my day is ruined :(   so sad.......   cant work on Redemption today     :'(    but now i know who deadicate this film to

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

i just found out, i cant believe it, its so sad, your all right too, this guy is a legend and will never be forgotten. condolances to his loved ones....r.i.p stan

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Why Winston? Why him? He made Alien and Predator univers in some way. He is the master and the guard who keep the key of both franchise at my opinion. R.I.P.

The Diesel

The Diesel

This is truly sad news.    :(  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

f**king hell why did he have to pass away, someone we all admire and respect and yet the f**kwits like uwe boll get away with bloody murder with their pieces of shit cinema.  You are the best and shall not be forgotten.  You will be sadly missed as we all have a special place in our hearts for you and your work.  Farewell.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed