NECA Alien Figure Review

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2008, 10:25:58 PM

Author
NECA Alien Figure Review (Read 9,203 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So we’ve already been privy to the last two series of Alien related merchandise from the current license holder for Aliens and Predators (more specifically Alien and AvP Requiem) but now it’s time for the Daddy, Giger’s Alien itself. Figures.com has just posted up a review on this baby:

“NECA’s sculptors have painstakingly captured every wicked detail of Giger’s gorgeous nightmare. Where many companies have injected their own artistic freedoms into the design, NECA’s Alien is – compared to the volumes of Alien reference I own – as true to the original design as you can get. The intricate sculpt truly shines on this massive scale; an experience akin to being next to the real thing.”

This review talks about the 18″ variant of the figure and it praises it to high heavens and back. There’s some really nice pictures as well as comparison shots of the ages old Kenner 18″ Alien figure. Be sure to read the whole thing. Thanks to XenoVC for the heads up.

Warrior Angel

Warrior Angel

yerah first comment!!! sounds cool!! can't wait   ;D     :D  

XenoVC

XenoVC

Can't wait?It's already out........

gameoverman

gameoverman

I'm still waiting for mine.    >:(  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I already have mine, I am waiting for the 9" version.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Well, I got the 9" inch version, possible the most stiffest figure I have ever had, it also seems that the figure was placed in the packaged before it has even dried.

SHREK

SHREK

i dont usually take much interest in the models of the franchise, but that does look very good, very accurate

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I got my 18/21 incher today   ;D  

predalien-hybrid

predalien-hybrid

already got both at Suncoast.   :)  

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Not had my 7" alien one day and its already broke, damn stupid stiff joints.

it is very cool because yesterday i saw now i want to get one

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

NECA is awsome, they should make Predator 1, the Queen and the AVP predators, they would make them right

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

iv just read on a sight that colonial marines is coming out later in 2008, i thaught it was 2009?, could someone tell me which is right.cheers.

ZEN

ZEN

It look's nice,but the super bright lighting does'nt capture the creapiness of it.But it look's a little big though,I do'nt recall the alien being that big the last time I watched the movie   ;D  .

ZEN

ZEN

I should have added on "when compared to the soldier".Sorry 'bout that!   :D     :-[     ;D  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed