Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest'

Started by Darkness, Apr 19, 2008, 06:05:10 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver: 'Let Ripley Rest' (Read 21,412 times)

Darkness

It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything from Sigourney Weaver about a potential Alien 5 movie. There’s a new report over on MTV Movies Blog where Sigourney mentioned Alien 5 and the Ripley character.

“The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I’d love to work with Ridley again,” Weaver said, raising our hopes to their absolute apex before immediately dashing them against the rocks of reality. “But Fox has effectively killed it because of ‘Alien vs. Predator.’ What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from. “To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating,” she added. “[But] let [Ripley] rest.”

I agree with her about AvP killing any chance of Alien 5. That’s what the series did to both franchises if you ask me. I wonder if she’s seen AvP2 yet. Thanks to JK for the news.

MrFacehug

Both the alien and the predator were movie villains in their movies, but because of the first avp the general public looks at the preds in a different way now. They're more popular than aliens because they're "heroes" now. Therefore, I think that the pred character would sell more than the alien, and the chances of a new pred-movie is greater than an alien one... which sucks..   :(  

Johnny Handsome

There will never be a alien 5 or predator 3. All we will get is another monster romp with action action and action but nothing more. For some reason that makes me sad...   :(  

War Wager

We need you back Sigourney! Yes the AvP trash have spolied both creatures, but a true 'Resurrction' is still possible!!

Sadman

Sadman

I'm really sad about this news :( She's right. Only hope that, Fox  gonna do AvP 3, a good movie    :'(     :'(     :'(     :(     :(     :(  

Johnny Handsome

No its not, she´s still angry and you know it when you hear her talk or reading her quotes. She was getting bitter when she and ridley were turned down and they decided to do avp.  Dont you all understand? She wont do it because of dourness alone.

JK

JK

I think she's back if James Cameron make AVP3.

Darkness

Hell will freeze over before Cameron touches AvP.

PredFox

After the abomination that was Alien Ressurection, Ripley couldnt even rest in death. they brought her back to a story that probably most people didnt care about. (I thought AR sucked) and the aliens future already looked forgettable, or at least something to put on the side. But then along came AVP and just about ran the Aliens idea into the ground, and overdid it to where its a familiar face and spoiled any UNIQUENESS of the Aliens without the preds involved. That goes DOUBLE for a Ripley "Ressurection." It would be awsome. But from how it looks, there wont be a Alien 5, and if there might be. there wont be a Ripley to go with it.  Poor Ripley Shes stuck in limbo... :\

Scree

Scree

Great! Another "Yeah, Ridley and I talked about it but no."-whining from Weaver. What a surprise. That's the same stuff that we hear from her everytime for years now and you know I'm tired of it. Lets just forget Alien 5. It'll never happen. Never. Scott won't do it. Cameron won't do it. Fox doesn't want it. The sooner everyone accepts that the better.

DoomRulz

I wouldn't take her word for it. Considering she thinks AvP is a bad concept but willingly did Resurrection, she could be wrong.

idi2

idi2

avp,and avp2 ,this films arent very good ,in this century we have perfect visual efects ,but they cant make perfect film, you know they cant make perfect story ,that is the problem ,yea we need Sigourney back!   :-[  

Kinn Corn Karn

I don't want ANYTHING to do with Sigourney Weaver in another Alien movie! I'm completely and totally over her and her character. As far as I'm concerned, Ripley died at the end of Alien 3 and that god-aweful tripe Resurrection never happened. If another Alien film is ever made they need to bring in a new face.....someone that hasen't had anything to do with the franchise in the past.

Semaka

Semaka

someone said earlier that people see the preds like "heroes" because of avp and avp2. and a pred 3 movie will be a success. Well, if they make a predator 3 movie, the predator will be again a villain, and the people who saw avp but not a predator movie, will say: why does he kill humans? he has to battle with the "serpants" (f**king dumb ideea, aliens=serpants) . Wolf is a hero now, and they expect all the preds to be like that. I hate this ideea. If they make another Avp movie, i want the predator to be a villain, like it should be! I want it to kill humans, and aliens, and I want to be a horror movie, not an action movie, even if it is with a predator. I want more horror!  I want to see something like, the company, trying to fnd the predator homeworld, and they send a ship with scientists and army guys. and some captured aliens to eliminate the predators. And predators to start to kill the humans, and as a last resort to send the aliens out, but when they do that, they have to fight the aliens as well, the predators have to fight humans and aliens, and aliens have to fight humans and predators. every species for themselves!

Semaka

Semaka

in every avp movie there was: humans+predators against aliens. that was dumb  idea! the predators kill humans and aliens! i don't want to see that in another avp movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed