AvP Requiem DVD / Blu-Ray Sales

Started by Darkness, Apr 24, 2008, 07:22:49 PM

Author
AvP Requiem DVD / Blu-Ray Sales (Read 20,505 times)

Darkness

Darkness

So AvP Requiem was released on DVD / Blu-Ray last week in the US and the sales figures have now been published today. From ComingSoon.net:

“Juno debuted at No. 1 on both the Nielsen VideoScan First Alert Sales chart and Home Media Magazine’s rental chart, with Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem bowing at No. 2 on both charts… In rental revenue, Juno generated an estimated $8.4 million in its first week according to Home Media Magazine market research. “Requiem” finished close behind with $7.7 million… On Blu-ray Disc, “Requiem” came out on top while Juno bowed at No. 2.”

So AvPR came second place in the Sales/Rentals charts, generating $7.7M in rental revenue. It came top in the Blu-Ray chart, however. So what does this mean? Well, the first AvP generated $8.6M in its first week. So despite the overwhelming negative reaction to AvPR, it’s done pretty well.

Update: AvPR made $11M in DVD sales in its first week making a total of $19M. That doesn’t include Blu-Ray rentals/sales so the figure is even more.

Update #2: In the second week, Cloverfield entered the rental chart at the top while AvPR dropped to 4th making $6.34M. However, AvPR still kept top place in the Blu-Ray chart.

Cellien

Cellien

4 years later, an established franchise, and the option to buy in Hi-def or standard def, AvP-R still didn't do as well.

Purebreedalien

Well done AvP:R. *Cut to the Strauses, swimming in money*

Colin_Strause

Not quite.    :)  

AvPvTerminator

They forgot to factor in that everyone will return it next week.

Its Game Time

Well, i bought it the first day! its a terrific movie and so far i havent returned mine.    ;)  

War Wager

War Wager

I'm only buying it for the features, the movie will hardly be watched.

dimelives

dimelives

QuoteSo despite the overwhelming negative reaction to AvPR, it's done pretty well.
That's because it's much more common for people to want to voice (as well as dwell on) negative opinions, so you're not gonna be hearing much from those who liked the movie, which, accept it or not, is a fair chunk of people, even if not the majority.

Predator 3

If only Fox would put Predator 3 into production and forget Alien(s) vs. Predator(s). Would've been better animated or left alone completely.   Anyway, I'm outta here.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

I'v been waiting for this, well its on in the Us so far, in May it will be out on DVD in the UK, so the movie has a bit more of a wait to see the chances of AVP3  I bought mine on the first day and i'v been watching it everyday. I saw P, P2, AVP, AVP-R, A, AS, A3, AR all in one day now. It was awsome!  and in a way this is not suprising. Its like the SAW movies, no matter how much people say that SAW 3 and 4 sucked, those same people will buy them and go see SAW 5. This is why Fox won't stop making movies like this, casue even if they are bad, were all going to see them. I for one still loved AVPR, and want to see AVP3, but I still want a Predator 3, a little bit more.

Biz

Biz

Hey AvPvTerminator, your joke is simply idiotic. No retailers take back open movies or games. Unless of course you meant they are returning it to the rental store   8)  

spinner7478

It still amazes me the overall negative reaction to this movie.  Could it have been better?  Yes.  Was the acting bad?  YES.  But I still enjoyed the movie as a great popcorn flick and for displaying the ol' school brutality of the first Alien and Predator movies.  It's a welcome addition to my collection...and I GUARANTEE you it will be watched more than Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, Predator 2, or the first AVP.

spinner7478

...one complaint that I need to voice to 20th Century Fox:  please do something about the level of darkness in this DVD.  And don't tell me that's just the "style" of the movie.  Go to your DVD and watch the AVP-R trailer...than compare those scenes to the actual ones in the movie.  There's a few scenes where I actually have no idea whats going on (and adjusting the TV's brightness does nothing).  It wasn't this bad in the theater either.  They need to put some money into finishing the deleted scenes we never got, then repackage this thing with an improved, brighter picture.

Greenband

Greenband

"They need to put some money into finishing the deleted scenes we never got, then repackage this thing with an improved, brighter picture. "  Fox already thought of that one. Hence they made the retail versions darker then the theatrical movies. Just wait a few years and they will release yet another version of AVP-R. This time it will feature much brighter imagery and 0.00001 seconds of deleted footage for your viewing pleasure. Blink and you may miss it.

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

spinner7478  I know where your coming from. But get this, my tv in my room, has a horrible picture, everything i play on it, the picture is a little bit darker then it should, but i watched AVPR 13 times now in my living room tv, and the picture is B-E-A-utiful. I think it has to do with some tvs, but that will change by the end of this eyar when ppl will be forced to buy an HD, or switch to optim. so they atleast get cable. Its all tv's. I saw it over my friends house and he has this gian HD tv, we saw a shitty crapy bootleg of AVPR a few months ago, could not see worth shit, we saw it now that i have unrated DVD and saw everything. You could see the Predalein's color, see how it's alot like the alien from Alien, or make you think of it atleast. Saw the inner mouth go right threw the nurse, saw the inner mouth go threw Mark (black kid in the pool) you see it go right threw his eye, it's awsome.   So don't blame ALL of it on fox, some of it is your tv.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed