DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD

Started by Darkness, Mar 14, 2008, 01:31:00 PM

Author
DVDTalk Reviews Unrated AvPR DVD (Read 16,221 times)

DarthJanus

Alien 3 was definetly not brilliant it was an lame attempt to end the franchise.  Then look what happened lets pay more cash to the actress(yes i said actress) and try to start it all over again. Alien should have stopped after the 2nd one, unless they can give us kick@ss send offf, leave it alone.   AVP hearkens back to when we were kids and saw King Kong vs Godzilla, or wolfman vs frankenstien or the like.  It's about having fun.  Lets face it we don't need a A+ script or story to watch two creatures rip each other a new one.  It would be nice but oh well.  As far as the money issue.   In the industry if a movie makes 80 million above cost it's usually considered a good thing and classified a success.  Thats why some movies we all thought sucked get sequels and lets face it, to hollywood money talks, not critics.  I said before I'll be getting the DVD and waitng on AVP-3.  I hope for a awesome story and character development but at the end of the day I just wanna see the suckers fight it out.

Hicks_0998

Jesus f**king Christ all you people ever do is either praise the movie or condemn the whole franchise! Let's face it: AvPR was a commercial cash cow and its pretty f**king obvious by the figures that it was.  Style over substance is applied here and f**k, anyone who cant see that should be shot!

theclash

theclash

It's sad that little kids need nonstop guns and explosions to enjoy a movie.  Alien 3 has better acting and better characters than Aliens, and David Fincher is a far better director than James Cameron.  In my opinion, Alien 3 is a better film, and stays truer to the Alien series than Aliens does.  I hate how Camerona added in  a Queen and dumbed down the xenomorphs.  Alien 3 was the perfect way to end the series and it's unfortunate that they continued with AR, but compared to AvP and AvP Retarded, Resurrection is a masterpiece.

Rob - - - - - - ski

Rob - - - - - - ski

I wouldn't say that Alien 3 is better than Aliens. I liked Hicks in it and the other characters. But Alien 3 Extended Edition is a great film. It was the most emotionally involved and the gothic, despairing setting is an excellent setting for this type of Alien film. This is the last film of the Alien Series that is actually character focused. Alien Ress. was the bridge between the previous Alien films that the stories were character based and center and the AVP films where it only matters to see aliens on screen and to watch people die by them.

nudzi

nudzi

Why do people keep comparing AvP-R to the old movies?   People keep saying things like "if they did THIS like in Alien3...or THAT like in Aliens...".  If they had made AvP-R too similar too the others, then people would complain about THAT as well. Enough already. If you dont like the movie, then dont buy it.

KillerB

KillerB

Yes, enough with the comparisons. In my opinion, these movies haven't been SPECTACULAR in almost 20 years. What the hell do you guys expect?

theclash

theclash

I've always liked Alien 3 better than Aliens because it was dark, cynical, atmospheric, like Ridley Scott's Alien.  Also, the movies are better when there's one scary badass Alien running around as opposed to a Queen and a bunch of warriors.  Plus, I like Alien 3's characters better.  Clemens, Dillon, Morse, Golic, Aaron, and Andrews are way more interesting than the grunts in Aliens, imo, though not as "fun."  Aliens rules, but I just prefer Alien 3.

Deco

Deco

AVPR is trash and anyone who thinks its a good film is suffering from a form of irreversable mental retardation

The Chibi Kiriyama

The only thing I want to see is the downed ship scene, and I know that'll be on YouTube soon after fans get the first copies.

YAUTJA

YAUTJA

are any of you looking foreward to the dark knight? theres a leaked vid of the first 6 mins- looks gr8

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

nudzi and killer-b got it all right. Alot of you should listen to them more often, and slugsworth too.   Deco...then guess what, I'm suffereing from a form of irreversable mental retardation, you f**k

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

And I got toadmit my fav is Alien 3 (even though i love James) and I'm not too big on Scott. I liked Alien...but not as much as Aliens and Alien 3. And I have to say I liked Predator 2 a little bit more becasue you saw the predator more. I find these films more interesting to see these creatures on film instead of learning who Molly and Kelly were. AVP-R did that for me. You saw Wolf alot and watch him do his work just interested me more. Way more. I know in P1 and A1 it was the first movie and they both did the Jaws effect. But I just love to see the Alien and the Predator on screen way more then the humans "were meant to care about"  I love AVPR (Deco) I love Alien 3 I love Predator 2  for all those reasons

Gort Pred

Gort Pred

YAUTJA:  thats old news. That clip came out in December. If you went to the imax version of I am Legend, you would have seen it there. But yes I am looking very foward to The Dark Knight and I can't wait to see Joker and Two-Face

clemens

clemens

"AVPR is trash and anyone who thinks its a good film is suffering from a form of irreversable mental retardation"  Practically all of them are predator fans.

Otnip

Otnip

"AVPR is trash and anyone who thinks its a good film is suffering from a form of irreversable mental retardation"  I'm a fan of both franchises and I can say I enjoyed AVPR. It had its flaws and I wanted more action, but it kept the series kicking, like it or not.  Statements like this are completely outright and single minded. Also offensive in some ways.  By the way, mental retardation was never and never will be "irreversible".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed