Predator Blu-Ray Release Date

Started by Darkness, Jan 10, 2008, 05:25:06 PM

Author
Predator Blu-Ray Release Date (Read 5,843 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Fox have finally given Predator on Blu-Ray a release date. It will be released April 15, 2008 in the US according to High-Def Digest. Special features are unknown for now.

“In an early announce to retailers, Fox has set an April Blu-ray debut for the Arnold Schwarzenegger classic ‘Predator.’ One of the “monster” franchises of the ’80s (along with the ‘Alien’ series), the original ‘Predator’ has long been on the wishlish of early adopters for high-def release. Now Fox has heeded the call to hunt, setting an April 15 street date for the Blu-ray. With a full press announcement still due in the coming days, there are no supplemental details yet available, but we’ll keep you posted. Tech specs are set to include 1080p video and audio flavors in DTS-HD Lossless Master Audio 5.1 Surround and Dolby Digital 4.0 Surround, plus a French Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo dub. Retail for the Blu-ray is $39.98.”

Thanks to jimmyboy, Brad and Keith for the news.

Cellien

Cellien

I posted this news in the Predator movie section... $40? No thanks.

Biz

Biz

Bare bones and a lot of dough. Pretty crappy Fox.

Akarou

Akarou

Why do they keep remaking it? The quality won't get any better hell the DVD's wuality was just better than the Video version of the film.

Cellien

Cellien

@Akarou:  The hi-def version can be better quality to a certain degree.  Luckily, film is actually "higher res" than what it was originally output to for viewing back in the 80s (theater film projectors and VHS).  They can go back, get the master transfer and the quality will be better than anything we've yet to see.  Not quite as clear as a new HD movie though. In terms of quality, I'd say it sits somewhere between SD and HD to put it in some kind of perspective.  They can also remaster frame by frame to fix any imperfections like scratches or dust on the film.  I'm confident the Blu-Ray version will be, by far, the best version ever released.  However, in some cases in HD media, they have been known to release a bad transfer.. hopefully that's not the case.

Samus007

Samus007

If it ends up looking even close to the Blu-Ray version of Close Encounters of the Third kind, i will be more than happy. The video quality of that re-mastered version is nothing short of amazing.

thetias

thetias

Ill be getting my Predator bluray disc tomorrow.   ;D   love this movie!

AvPvTerminator

@ thetias: it comes out in april.   :-\  

Sulaco

Sulaco

AVPR is coming out then also, everytime they release this stuff, I'm dishing it out!

davebhamuk

davebhamuk

Well Predator always looked pretty grainy kind of like how Aliens does and is commented on by Cameron as something to do with the actual film stock supplied at the time. So anyone wanna fork out $40 to see just how grainy the film stock was?

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Well visual quality and audio aside, what else will the blu-ray be bundled with? It's nice to know that its full 1080p with 7.1 surround sound......but is there anything else to add? Hell DVD's had making of docos and the like plus an awesome transfer.  And who would pay $45 here in oz for it?

thetias

thetias

@Sulaco: No, the predator Bluray disc was released yesterday here in Sweden. So ill get it in the mail today.   :)    About the grain and stuff, i dont think its a problem. The look of the movie is supposed to look ruff, but there will be a sharper image and better sound. I can make a little review here when ive seen it.

thetias

thetias

@AvPvTerminator of course   ::)  

thetias

thetias

Mu short review:  Well, the picture quality was a little better, but the DTSHD-MASTER sound track was wonderful! This movie never sounded better. way better than previous DTS tracks.

thetias

thetias

DVD-Bluray mouse over comparison:  http://web12.dvd2web.de/hd_pred/hd_pred.htm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed