New AvPR UK Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jan 14, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Author
New AvPR UK Reviews (Read 19,022 times)

Deco

Deco

I agree THE CLASH  I would love to see a BATMAN BEGINS happen with AVP. A total revamp. Chuck all but the basic rules out the window and start from scratch. Anderson and the Strause Bros have just been two entities that tried to mimic what the masters did with these franchises. While I love and respect Scott/Cameron and McTiernans movies, I cant help but think what an AVP film would be like if they broke away from the originals. Pred and Alien are entirely different films and instead of trying to combine both ambiances and touch on every aspect from the originals, they should create an entirely new take on the coming together of both creatures.  EG; I mean what is the deal with shooting as much as possible in camera!? People thought it was great to hear that Anderson and the Bros Strause were doing this because thats how the masters did it back in the 79 with Alien and 87 with Predator. The masters shot those films the way they could with the best tools they had at the time! Inexperienced directors tackling a feat like this just results in AVPR- Unprofessional and truely dated work. I think the Franchises need to grow yes, but not if FOX arent willing to give two of their biggest money makers, the respect it deserves, otherwise (and this is where being a true fan comes in) i would rather they let each franchise die with the very little dignity it has left.

Predhunter

Predhunter

Well, i can only speak for myself... I liked AvP:R (it means okay and not good or great), mostly because i think it´s better than the first one. There were actually fighting in this movie! The rest of it was just shitty like the first one, except it wasn´t PG-13...But i must say, if i wasn´t a fan, i would probably call it crap!! If FOX intend to make a third movie, its trailers and first reviews better be convincing, because i won´t even bother seing another poor AvP movie!!

Gul Kalvo

Gul Kalvo

Of course it is not the best movie ever. I have to admit that I went to watch it with so low expectation that I even enjoy it. But I would hardly give it a 3/10. The problem is that the budget is ridiculous for this kind of film. (OK...one of the problems). All the FX budget has gone to the predalien, the worst desig in the series, only matched by the newborn. But in my opinion the warriors are the worst by far in all series...A big rubber suit. I think that they darkened the movie at the end to avoid show them too much. They look worse that anything ADI has done before. SPOILER: Please remember the warrior entry at the cafe kitchen door on the first predalien impregnation, and when they cross the grate on the sewer.

Gul Kalvo

Gul Kalvo

About the story...  The predator arrives to Earth in hours (and I am not even counting the time for the distress message to arrive Predator homeplanet) Why do they have sleeping chambers on the big ship? Just to take naps between hunts? Nobody sees the ship crashing but the hunters and -I guess- the bad people at the army? How fast did the aliens grew? The predalien reproductive method is quite innefective...How many pregnant women were on Gunnison? And how do the alien embryos kill the foetus without killing the mother on the process (anatomy, anyone?)  And so on... The script...Ridiculous sentences, but this is part of the game. It didnt shock me much. Action scenes...short and dark, but I think that the budget plays it part here. I would not blame much the direction here, but maybe they should have some resources here to solve the problem.

Gul Kalvo

Gul Kalvo

The conclusion: They will made AVP3, as they will made enough money... But they will made it even cheaper  Or they will remade the first...Rob Zombie Alien

Hero

Hero

Saw it today  This is a bad, bad film. Sorry to say and I fear a rather large nail in the coffin for the franchise. I realise you might like this but just being honest. Its a sad day for both franchises and something I really enjoy seems to be gone forever now!!!  Cheers and no death threats please

shedboy71

shedboy71

Just seen avp  and its not as bad as these bloody reviewers make it.i thouroughly enjoyed it,so dont be put off by these muppets.it is far better than the last effort by that twat anderson,a bit dark in places but good entertainment

Predhunter

Predhunter

If FOX intend to make a third movie, it will be necessary to make some effort to put some credibility into this franchise... I hope they really find someone for the task...Oh, and with a budget between ($80-$100)milion! The bidding has started...

cockroach

cockroach

3 hours and counting till i see it...  not expecting much to be honest but still cant wait!!!     ;D     :o  

SHREK

SHREK

shedboy how old r u please if u dont mind saying?

trailpimp

trailpimp

Maybe Fox should sell the rights of this franchises to Warner...

XENOMORPH ALIENS

XENOMORPH ALIENS

i thought AVP-R was pretty good at least it was rated R with alot of blood and gore but it would been better with a better script and a better orginal cast like in Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection, and both Predator and Predator 2. however it is a hell alot better than paul anderson's wimp movie. i would give AVP-R 4.5 stars and i hope to see a director's cut of it when it comes to dvd.

stevens

stevens

hey im a fan not a fanboy i know that they can never make a film as good as the original predator i meen look at the people in it .Thats why i said this film is for fans not critics .I just saw it and really liked it up into the hospital that turned me off a bit there was no need for those scenes.I really loved the predator in it ,I  think ian white got as close as you can get to the great keven peter hall good job . I also liked his hyper punch ,i think if they followed the predator more and got rid of some of the scenes in the hospital it would be a worthy sucsessor to predator 2. oh theclash i can see why you where dissapointed it could of been better.

Psykorgasm

Psykorgasm

Great film, my only gripes is that the Aliens are cannon fodder & the sucky ending. Other than that, I don't get the bad press.

jakey_jedi

jakey_jedi

Just back from seeing AvpR in the uk. The hall was fairly busy. No where near as bad as the reviews. i went in half expecting it to be a total wash out but i quite enjoyed it.my only gripes would be that it really did seem rushed, especially the beginning and it wasnt long enough.  Wasnt too keen on the predalien and its growls. On the plus side it was great hearing the Aliens sound effects, Thats how the creatures are meant to sound. It was also great going back to the man in suit creatures rather than the cgi. Definately not the worst film ive ever seen, would watch it over resurrection or AVP any day. shame the critics dont like it, i could be doing with an alien prequel next though . No more AvP. 3.5 out of 5

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed