New AvPR UK Reviews

Started by Darkness, Jan 14, 2008, 06:22:32 PM

Author
New AvPR UK Reviews (Read 19,021 times)

Predhunter

Predhunter

Remember, the script and the quality of the actors  mirrors the amout of money invested in any movie. So, without an adequate investment, there are no good/masterpiece movies. Specially on this case which is a merge of two franchises, it should be (theoretically) twice has expensive!   Let´s not have a short view on this, shall we?? AvP movies are indeed made for fans, but i think it could be more then that! It´s own potencial allied to a good story and cast, would convince not only the fans, but also people which have never watched any AvP movies!  It has (i´m taking the risk of not being modest) what it takes to turn out an icon of Scfi-Horror movies!!

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

Predhunter I couldn't have said it better myself  You know that FOX isn't going to dish out the money needed to make the movie extraordinary.  They have to many other cash cows out there they are trying to exploit.  I sometimes wonder what they would be like if someone that usually puts big money into a movie were to tackle the franchise again.  and as for Requiem I have to say that the Strausse bros. first attempt at a movie could have been a whole lot worse than this.

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

Oh and I might add to the coments of these movies not being scary anymore  I know that they lack the luster of the earlier ones but the Pedator movies were never scary to me.    and the part that saying that there wasn't any horror in AvP-R I would have to say that those that say that obiously don't have children ... otherwise a couple (not a lot but a couple) of scenes in the hospital are rather disturbing.  If you look at it there is an air of subliminal horror to it. where they hint at something but dont show it. but you dont see or hear them threw the rest of the movie.

trailpimp

trailpimp

I guess the IQ really dropped while I was away!  Acording to predhunter both AVP, 'cause of the ratio investment/box office earnings, or in other words low budjet high revenue makes this franchise, somehow, a platform for an even better AVP 3. Why the hell Fox, after the first AVP didn't learn what failed with it and made AVP R a serious movie project with real world budjet, with acomplished staff? It's because they know that for two cents they could make a  movie that a lot of the so called fanboys would see no matter its quality. Because these same fanboys go to extreme lengths apologyse the poor production of this sudio regarding AVP with the premise that at least the monsters are back on the silver screen. Alien, Aliens and Predator haven't already opened the door to  serious production when it comes to AVP?

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

So everyone that hates AvP-R are you saying that Alien3 and Ressurection were good movies?  Because personally I think Alien3 sucked and was alltright with the first 2/3rds of Ressurection, but they weren't all that good either. I mean how many times can you bring back Ripley for Christ's sake. Are you saying that that is more believable.  I would like to see another AvP movie but would really rather see them do another Predator movie instead. there are several scenarios that would work for a new movie of either franchise, but getting a good script and the funding and right director for the job is a must.  for instance how far away from the settlement in Aliens was the Space Jockey wreckage and if it was more than 35 kilometers isn't it quite possible for the eggs inside to still be intact. Why instead of going after Ripley in Alien3 and Ressurection did they not go back and check. and if they did why haven't they said anything about it in the movies or any of the litterature that I own and have read.

Predhunter

Predhunter

It´s very simple...The first AvP movie was a totaly new concept on screen. It had the "factor astonishment" behind it. So, it made a considerabilly amout af money, taking into acount its budget. But, was this a reason to think like "It´s in the bag! It´s like taking candy from a baby!"? No, and that´s where FOX went wrong. Obviously they tried to make the franchise even more profitable, by making a even more cheaply second movie!  When i´m saying decent budget, i´m not refering to a super production, wherin are invested $200milion. We all now that´s not going to happen! All i´m saying is that the budget should be higher then $60 milion, not to say $40milion! This is not a popular franchise like Jurassic Park, so it´s needed twice hard work to attract some atention into it. But i think that is possible!! I hope that FOX realises before it´s too late, that if the third movie really comes to life, it must be convincing!!

Deco

Deco

JOKER  Why o why would anyone get angry? Its like im personally offending you by saying the movie is pure crap.  Im a huge fan of Alien and Predator and I just thought this movie was one of the worst movies ive ever seen. Not the worst of the Alien and Predator franchise, literally the worst film ive EVER seen. I find it hard to believe that you were satisfied leaving the theatre after having paid to see the movie. Im from Ireland and it costs nearly 10 Euros to see a film over here. I wont pay that to see AVP, im glad I watched it online and saved my money. People are being forced to 'settle' for movies like this because the majority of fans are happy to even see that the franchises are being kept alive. WELL IM SORRY IF I WANT SOMETHING I HOLD IN HIGH REGARD TO DIE WITH DIGNITY IF IT CANT BE TREATED WITH SOME SORT OF RESPECT! (the original work in the franchise),   Anyone who thinks this movie was in any-way worthy of this franchise needs to re-assess their 'FANDOM'

Deco

Deco

GOD AVPr WAS CRAP.  Lets talk about how great the fighting was! Oh wait, couldnt make out the fight scenes because somone turned off all the lights....  What a scam

Deco

Deco

The fact that Fox cut the first films budget in HALF to make its sequel, shows how much they respect the franchise. I refuse to buy into this money making scam.  To those trashing the Bros Strause: To be fair, the directors arent really the major problem here (although they didnt help thats for sure). The issue was the script. WHAT THE FOCK were fox thinking when they read this script. They certainly werent blown away by it and if they were, they need to get new readers.  Talking about this movie makes me angry because I have been fooled by its mighty trailer.  Peace to all

msn_recon_marine

msn_recon_marine

Its kind of funny how people have different points of view on this. I went to AvP-R with my wife and teenage son and my wife hated it and my son and I liked it ( not saying loved it ) but liked it. I do think alot of it needed work and some of the settings needed alot of help. Me being from Montana and the Rocky mountains and knowing what these mountains look like it didn't like the forests that were used in it they were too wet. just showing another movie was made in Vancuver and the northern rainforests of that reagion. and on the whole lighting thing. Yeah it was dark, it was also set at night on a rainy night and in a sewer ( I dont know where you all have been but the sewers I have seen generally dont have good lighting.  I could literally tear this movie apart piece by piece giving the whole pros and cons on each five mins but why bother.  sure it wasnt the greatest but i liked it better than Spiderman 3, and I am legend. and as to the statements "worst movie ever" you all need to watch a few more movies because I can give you hundreds of movies I have paid money to see and were far worse than this.

shredpredator

shredpredator

As I've been trying to say- Fox f**ked up from the beginning w/ crappy budget/production/ script, director and cast- It can't and won't be fixed- the world would stop turning if someone  like R. Scott, or Cameron even thought about fixing it.

theclash

theclash

Actually AvPR is mainly the Strauses's fault.  They rewrote a lot of Salerno's script, so they have to take a lot of the blame for the dialogue and characters.  Also they didn't even direct their actors to actually ACT, their effects were lousy, and the movie itself reeked of ameteurism.

Deco

Deco

I think its just such a shame. AVP is a hugely epic concept.

stevens

stevens

These critics arnt fans its not about the acting or script  its the creatures this film is made for fans .Im a fan and to me somthing is better then nothing.I love predator and this film looks really good for me .

theclash

theclash

Uh actually it is about the acting, the script, and the direction.  That's what the originals were about, especially the Alien series.  This is where true fans differ from fanboys.  True fans agree with the above, fanboys just lap up whatever shit Fox gives them.  No offense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed