Aliens FPS Platform

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 17, 2007, 09:11:40 PM

Author
Aliens FPS Platform (Read 5,566 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

With the game not coming out until 2009, information on Gearbox’s Aliens FPS is scarce and infrequent. However, a very very short interview posted on Computer and Video Games has given us the platforms for the upcoming game:

“Alien, of course, is no stranger to videogames but it’s been a real mixed bag of xenomorph blasting to date. Big guns, big aliens, big horror, big gore, all reproduced with today’s technology. What could possibly go wrong?Gearbox’s Alien FPS is expected on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 – but not until 2009.”

So those of you wishing to play this using that Wii Gun Controller are in for some disappointment. The short interview also mentions how big the fans of the developement team are. The usual publicity stuff then.

X-SOLDIER

X-SOLDIER

I'm just glad to hear it'll be available on PC.

Alien-Warrior-2-Brasil

good i have PC and my Wii    ;D  

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

Well that's awesome but how about some artwork ala Street Fighter IV, that's not due out till 2009 as well but there was a teaser trailer for it damnit!  All I can say is this: DO NOT F**K this up Gearbox because AVPR was mediocre for PSP and it was done by Rebellion.  Do it right the first time and you will have your kudos...

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

HELL YEAH, PC as well! Finally an FPS that I can look forward to from the story viewpoint instead of just graphics and gameplay.

Clydewyman

Clydewyman

I'm glad to know that this is on PC as well! Woot! Hope I can play as an Alien too, and that's right! It's back to the ol' Alien vs. Predator PC games style!

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

great im gettin this!!!

predator343

predator343

Im getteing this game on 2009 That game is sure best avp game on earth.   :o  .

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Whether you can be an Alien or not is going to play a really big part in my decision of whether or not to get that.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

ugh. i dont expect this one till 2010.  judging by how long it's taken them to do BIA hells highway.  but then again, they will probably use the finished BIAHH engine for this game.  so it might be even shorter of a wait.

Cellien

Cellien

I seriously considered leaving my current art job and applying at this studio and relocating to Dallas (in Austin now) to work on this game.  Who knows if I would have got the gig anyhow.

Space Voyager

Space Voyager

@Predator343: This is (sadly) not AvP as far as I understand. It's supposed to be an Aliens game, so probably featuring xenomorphs and humans.

Darkness

Darkness

Good news about the PC release. I'll defintely be looking forward to this game.

bobcunk

bobcunk

this is good but i want avp3 using the crytek engine.

Cellien

Cellien

AvP3 would look great on Crytek engine, but my fairly fast PC can barely run Crysis.  However, I can run UT3 with maxed out settings @ 1600x1200 at 60fps and it looks fabulous.  AvP3 on Unreal Engine 3 would be nice too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed