O'Bannon Hates...Everything?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2007, 12:10:48 AM

Author
O'Bannon Hates...Everything? (Read 12,722 times)

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

i just read that guy's article "call for aliens without predator".  terrible.  he doesnt speak for us all.  cause when i first saw the joining of the franchises in comic form and bought them, i was happy as can be.  and his blabbering about "his" alien game idea is pathetic.  gearbox will deliver a far more intense experience from the colonial marines perspective and i hope the game dissapoints this guy.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think he was speaking of a quasi update of the Alien Trilogy video game.  Say what you want, but AT was classic stuff at the time.  Still have fond memories of it till this day and it was a sprite based fps.  Since AT is a staple among older fans of the series, I think his thoughts on the game are valid.  I don't mind AvP, as long as it stays out of the Alien/Pred story.  There is a reason every movie isn't an avp one.

ZEN

ZEN

The alien and predator movies are equal,theres no getting around that(although my favorite is P1).And i had the idea about the aliens turning into predators.....WHEN I WAS 7!!!!.Ya,he may have thought up alien,but i thank every diety and demon out there that he did'nt help with the other movies!!!.

ZEN

ZEN

Also maybe he's like George Lucas,when MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE came out they had to get rid of Orco because Lucas said they were stealing his idea from his movie(or some s**t like that).Also he's like what,97?(he sure looks it).He whould'nt know a good movie if it jumped up and licked him on the a$$.I think those other guys had a good idea on trying to get rid of him.And where the f**k is the continuity of the aliens turning into preds?.Theres none at all!!!!.Thank the heavens and the underworlds they ditched him.

JD

JD

Predator will always be my number one, but within the Alien series, I actually prefer Aliens and Alien 3 over Alien.  In my opinion, Alien 3 is a hugely underrated film.  BTW, the Alien morphing to Predator idea is the worst idea I've ever heard.  Absolutely horrific.

daniel clavette

daniel clavette

That is so true that predator is better then alien.

XENOMORPH ALIENS

i think that is a real dumb idea of what dan o'bannon said about the alien's final cycle for it to become the predator. that is so stupid. i think he was drunk or high on crack or something. i know he created a great franchise but saying that the alien turns into the predator is so gay.

Frostyharrison

Frostyharrison

Why are we talking about which movie is the best? There both about situations in which none of you would want to be in! What you should really be talking about is how the HELL ALIEN RESURECTION IS CLOSE TO ALIENS. INTERNET POLLS HAVE SUGGESTED THAT ALIEN RESURECTION IS VERY CLOSE TO ALIENS! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

Hicks_0998

Hicks_0998

We hear Ridley Scott, James Cameron, David Fincher, Jean-Pirre Jeunet, John McTiernan and Stephen Hopkins and we think about the beloved Alien and Pred franchises.  We hear Dan O'Bannon and we say "Didnt he write the first Alien movie?" His name should be credited but its rarely heard of within the universe.  But for gods sake man grow the hell up and stop bitching like a little kid because your ideas about the aliens/pred  will not go down well and mate get with the times coz it aint the 70's.  Goddamn senior citizens dont know when to take their meds

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed