AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup

Started by Darkness, Dec 26, 2007, 03:44:54 PM

Author
AvP Requiem Reviews Roundup (Read 32,292 times)

Gul Kalvo

Gul Kalvo

I was waiting for january 11, but I think I will save my money (as FOX has done)  Just one thing about "dont believe the critics"...The worst critics came from fantasy/horror media...  When people choose names as "The Strause Brothers" to sign their movie, you should know what to expect. They have done videoclips and commercials...And thats what they have done so far...a good red band trailer.   At least it looks they have make the movie dark enough to avoid people see ADI creatures.  Definitely I won't go see that movie. Hopefully FOX will not try  it again. AVP-R... Aliens vs Predator- Rest in Peace

Stamos

Stamos

No, it better not. We can't.....  There is still one huge area of our world which hasn't been seen yet in a theatre...and this is where Fox can recreate/create the franchise...  Praetorian...

Stamos

Stamos

Is there anywhere we can submit scripts here, as I'm writing one for fun. It will be very rich though and will mainly feature the Praetorian Aliens

Stamos

Stamos

BTW, I'm a huge fan...  I got shot down earlier because I was misunderstood as saying the movie "sucked" which I didn't. I don't use that terminology. People who use the word "Sucks" are suckers themselves.  I just thought the Human characters were that bad that I would've rathered the WHOLE movie FOLLOW Wolf, that would've made him a legendary character for the ending this movie. It would've been different, we would've had insight into the "Hunt" that a predator undertakes and would've held Wolf in higher regard in the world of AVP.  You could hear moaning in the Theater everytime we left a scene with Wolf and then had to be reminded that there were useless humans involved. I wanted them ALL to die to Alien/Predator fury...  That's it...

Deco

Deco

I am the die hardest of fans and this movie was pure trash...

Bender1988

Bender1988

My opinion They copied too much from Predator1 and Aliens and with those actors that ,well it was horrible Ending,f### ,i m dissapointed about all movie: -too dark -too much people -to little Wolf Wolf was greate,really nice badassPred his"roar" was fantastic-soo fresh I was thinking they do soo much better movie,well its 10000000% better than first AvP but still...:/ They could make movie about Wolf-alone! without human haracters. I am Big Predator and Aliens fan,but this movie wasnt what i expected to be, like i said, to much people,too dark,I wanna see Wolf and Aliens figting,not some f##### teenagers. If there will be AvP3 i hope it will be ...well without human haracters. I like Ewery fight snene in movie,fight between aliens and wolf. And Wolf,Really greate Predator, Awesome desing,as good as in P1,and P2. Wolf was really,REALLY Greate Pred,I wanna see more of him,but they didn show him too much:/ i wanna see movie only about wolf,and i think many pople share that idea. Predalien-again greate haracter"miniqueen"-really nice done. Enjoy the movie people it isnt that bad,but it isnt exelent either.

Rayne

Rayne

Now, understand this: I'm a Predator fan all the way. I fell in love from the first Predator movie. I borrowed all the pred movies and the first AvP for so long from my bf that he let me have them for my birthday, lol. If someone could let me know what was happening at the end of the movie? I didn't understand (AvP-R).

Bio Mech Hunter

Yeah, there was A LOT of footage cut from the final theatrical release. Looks like Fox is at it again.   ::)   Bastards.   >:(   I was waiting for those scenes to come up, but after the film was over I was thinking "Where's the rest of it?". lol Fox did this same damn thing with the first film.   >:(    The film was definately a cut and paste fest. And it wasn't subtle about it either.   :D    Anyone else think it was absolutely rediculous Wolf didn't get burned or severly injured by acid with all the wrist blade slicing and close quarters blasting he was doing?   ::)   That's why the armor is so important. He isn't going against humans with firearms who can't see him. lol For crying out load, he's going against enemies who are about as big and strong as he is (or at least, they're suppose to be   ::)  ), has some nasty natural weapons, faster and far more agile, quite cunning and, of course, has concentrated acid for blood.   :-\  

spinner7478

spinner7478

JESUS...I'm so sick and tired of critics and so-called fans bashing these movies.  The Strause brothers obviously read the criticisms given after the first AVP, and gave us a movie that was a COMPLETELY different vision.  I can't believe some of the reviews I've read actually bash the score, but then say that the movie doesn't stay true to the original movies...um, that was the same music!!  I got goosebumps hearing those familiar Alien and Predator score's again.  The brothers obviously had great respect for us TRUE AVP fans...and they gave us a brutal, tense thriller in the spirit of the first Alien movie.  If you're one of those people complaing that it was too dark, and that you couldn't see the Aliens and Predator fighting that well...then you went in with the wrong expectations.  This movie was never meant to be a "action-adventure" picture like the first AVP.  It was a dark, grim tale and I think the Strause brothers did a good job.  Now, I will agree that the acting sucked, but if they had focused more on characters, the "haters" would still find a reason to complain and say that there wasn't enough action.  This was by no means a perfect movie, but I loved it and hope it makes enough money so the brothers can make part 3.

killzonewith bladesandteet

good point spinner.

Caddylac Chrome

Yea, we should all be hoping for the movie to make $$.  If not it will be hard to get another movie or even a Alien 5 or Predator 3.

xxx

xxx

sux,sux,sux... thats it

The G-man

The G-man

Deco, if u are a die-hard fan you should have appreciated this movie, it goes way more back to the root of alien and predator, not to forget, that actually you can't compare AVPR to Alien or Predator cuz it is a franchise on its own!

azrael

azrael

to the root of alien? lol it pisses on everything that made the first alien movies so great. except from a few nice kills the movie hasn't got anything, no characters, bad dialogues, no story (can be summed up in three sentences), the editing is crap and together with the dark images sometimes you can hardly tell who's who... some death scenes and the music cannot save this movie

nudzi

nudzi

Saw it yestarday. Don't listen to crititcs, the movie will blow you away. Predator and Alien action was top noch, the monsters were done ablosutely perfectly. Humans were just a background, as they should be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed