Dave Dorman on AvPR Predalien

Started by Darkness, Oct 29, 2007, 09:09:03 PM

Author
Dave Dorman on AvPR Predalien (Read 20,883 times)

Green Band

Green Band

I like daves design better. The way he did the back of the head looks much better. Well actually I like his head much better period, because the mandibles on the Predalien in the movie look ridiculous. It almost looks like ADI decided to strap to crabs to each side of an aliens head and the called it a Predalien. But oh well, hopefully the movie is decent.  I'm still not thrilled with it being set on Earth in present day.

Green Band

Green Band

"...and why do people call the PREDALIEN "chet", isnt that Bill Paxtons character in Weird Science? "  The Strause Brothers said they nicknamed the PredAlien chet, and your correct about the connection to Paxton.

PREDALIEN-K.

PREDALIEN-K.

Dave Dorman Rules

PREDALIEN-K.

PREDALIEN-K.

What Fox did to Dave Dorman is totally wrong. But why do most of you hate the ADI design?

Mr. Teal

Mr. Teal

pill paxton in weird science = chet?  how is this?  iv'e never seen the film, can anyone tell me plz?  thanx

Kal-El

Kal-El

the ADI predalien is way better than dave's. He's look's good for a comic or video game, but ADI's look's way scarier, trust me chet will look fantastic in the movie you just wait and see, p.s fox owns the right's and tey have done nothing wrong.    8)  

Dane

Dane

WHATS THE WORLD COME TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Dorman's Predalien should have had the upper mandibles bigger than they are, as it looks like only lower ones exist, unless you look closely.  Even so, aside from proportions, they still look like they're part of the whole jaw, which I still say is even more important than whether it has tendrils on the head.

Zero .T

Zero .T

:o     8)   AWWWWWW!!!!! MAN!!!!   >:(  

konradski

konradski

i dont think most of you read dormans blog if you did you,d understand he,s not bitter by anything. fox paid him put the pics in the vault then got them out because they owned them and used what they paid for as a base to get what they have got  it just so happens his blog is titled  dave,s raving tht i beleive leads some of you to the conclusion he,s having a rant at fox  i have to go with the creature looks like the diobolick alien 4 disaster mainly due to the creature gait in the a4 movie . too rubbery n its heads got too much going on that detracts from its overall apearance

Ric

Ric

Both designs look like scheisse too me... and other than having an alien with dreadlocks and tusks... doesnt seem to be much resemblance between the one in the movie and this one... Dave Dorman is just acting like a whore....    ;D  

killzonewithbladesandteeth

killzonewithbladesandteeth

I think Dave's design is very cool. I also think ADI's design is also cool. I think what seems to be missed here is the practicalities of creating a working, PredAlien. Dave's drawing is very good. But maybe it it just could not be effectively made.

Joshua

Joshua

Ummmm....that really doesn't look at all like the final Pred Alien. Yes, they both look like aliens with mandibles and dreads, but that's part of the criteria of the creature. Having seen the dozens upon dozens of potential concepts for the PredAlien in AVP-R, I can attest that there was a huge range of styles. Some more alien, some less, some more queen, some longer dreads, some with none, and some that are totally out there, etc, etc. This sounds like sour grapes to me. If Mr. Dorman is claiming to have invented the idea of the PredAlien having these features, I think he is going to have to spend time browsing some 10 years of fan art and realize that perhaps he isn't so clever. The PredAlien I painted for art class back in 1991 kinda looks like his concepts. Maybe he ripped me off!

aliensun

aliensun

;D     ;D     ;D  sour grapes 2 b sure    :D     :D     :D  but making a design and then making it work are 2 different thingz    :-X     :-X     :-X  or did you want a CG 1    ???     ???     ???  

zen

zen

Never heard of that guy,but maybe fox didnt trust him,maybe they thought he'd steal info,or maybe he wanted a fortune like what Optimus Virus said.And i agree with Joshua,ya its similar,but its too different!.Its like comparing a king snake to a coral snake!   8)  .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed