Cinema Expo & Comic-Con

Started by Darkness, Jul 01, 2007, 09:44:23 PM

Author
Cinema Expo & Comic-Con (Read 11,732 times)

Roguepl

Roguepl

I used the wrong word :) By saying "finally" I meant "in the end" :)

cockroach

cockroach

so glad theres no pred/human team up this time. also there must be more than one predator in the whole movie as where will the predalien/hybrid come from? also hope they address the stupid timeline of the chestburster gestation in AVP (that speed up no blood proplus garbage was dum!) i say it'd take roughly 24hours... tho i may need correcting but not 10mins 'cough cough aaaargh'

AVP2:INVISIBLE DARKNESS

I believe the Predalien comes from the end of the 1st AVP. There may be more than 1 Predator at the very beginning of the film, but I believe there is just 1 Predator for the majority of the film. Most likely the Predalien causing havoc onboard the Predator ship and it crashing on earth with only 1 Predator and the Predalien surviving the crash. Then the Predalien seeking out the sewers and finding it's "family" with the Predator tracking it down there....Just my idea of how it could begin.

Orion the hunter

Orion the hunter

^ I think this idea for the story line has been told before by a different user, do you guys have inside information? personally I think it sounds just a little lame. I know it's a  si-fi, but i'd like it if the plot sounded a little more realistic. more so like it could happen any other day here on earth.   :-\  

Orion the hunter

Orion the hunter

anyway, no offence, I've heard of worse ideas.

"None take" to quote Hicks from Aliens. : ) It does sound a bit lame, but like I said, it's just my idea of how it could begin. Does that mean I want it to begin that way? Not at all. It is only how I think they may open the movie up with from things I have heard and read.  Inside information....not really. Any information I recieve about this movie is from the guys that post their information they recieve or other sources outside of this site. I will say this: The information given by Darkness and Co. is very reliable. I always try and double check any information I recieve and these guys here have been right on target. At least as far as everything I have read here. If they get mis-informed, they are the first to let us know. This is one of the best sites for Aliens Vs. Predator information.

As far as worse ideas......well the first AVP would fit into that stat. As far as making it realistic, well you really can go wrong when doing Sci-Fi movies. I mean the realistic part of it anyways. Since it would never happen and never has, you can't compare it's realism  to real life events like you could with a Drama. That said, When you have a Sci-Fi movie established with the rules in place, then you can do it wrong. Predators hunt for sport and are "fair" in their practice of killing if you will. Aliens, well they sit at the opposing side of "fair". Not if you change they way each of them are, it better have a great explaination. If not, then you can compare it to the previous films. Namely the originals. The Facehugger in Alien attached to Kane was more than 10 minutes(AVP). Anderson never gave an explanation for the HUGE time difference, let alone a good explanation.

The chestbursting scenes after Alien were so terrible. Well, Aliens had a descent one and the woman was cocooned. Thats why it wasn't as dramatic as Kane kicking all around on that table. Kane wasn't restained as well.  The Predators in AVP were over-done. The vision of orange was like looking through orange stained glass. The over-eggzagerated blades were unessasary. The face, again, over-eggzagerated too. The original Predator design is not broken, so there wasn't an need to fix it. They way Anderson changed almost everything about the Predator reminded me of the first 4 Batman movie. With each one the Batsuit became more rediculious.  I have no problems with additions to the Predator, but not complete changes that contradict the original.

killzone

killzone

:-\   you know I liked the first AVP I didn't think it was brilliant but I liked it-primarily because that was the version Fox went for it got made and made enough money for us to be sitting here now discussing what we think should and should not be in the second one. I believe the DVD sold 1.8million copies in its first day ( I am not 100% on this could be wrong) The film made 69 million at the box office and technically it was put together well I though considering the budget. Anyway, that said: I am like everyone here excited about this second movie. I think it could be good. I think Fox are probably banking on making the same financial margins that they did on the first one. I am extremely relieved to hear its gonna be an R I agree about the chestburster in the first movie it was handled very badly. I am a bit ambivilent  about the whole Pred Alien thing I am not completely convinced by the idea but it might work. Either way I am so looking forward to seeing it

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well I hope that the Trailer delivers on the damn hype, because if it doesn't, well...most of us here will get mad and be pissed, I will just be dissapointed, but will still be aching to see the movie.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

I really think the purpose of the teaser is to give everyone some relief as to a bit of the content of the film. All the teaser really needs to accomplish is showing us it will be worth the wait.

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

I changed my name and joined this site. Not sure why I didn't sooner. It was AVP2:INVISIBLE DARKNESS. Since there is an official title now, I thought I would shorten up my user name a bit.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

anyone think its strange no other pics have been released   :-\  

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

i am hyped about this movie i just hope to god this one actually contains some decent battles the other movie lacked any even sub par battles to be nice

Invisible Darkness

Invisible Darkness

Not strange at all. The movie doesn't come out for almost 7 months. They have given us 1 photo. These guys have repeatedly stated they won't rush into thing. They want to take the time and get it right. After the 1st film, I think we can all respect that. We have just a few short weeks remaining until they release the teaser trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed