Cinema Expo & Comic-Con

Started by Darkness, Jul 01, 2007, 09:44:23 PM

Author
Cinema Expo & Comic-Con (Read 11,726 times)

topman

topman

i thought it was gonna be a teaser trailer???

beeko

beeko

how many effects shots did avp have ??

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I think the same amount. Which is excellent considering this film is cheaper, and done by visual fx masters, and its contemporary.

Cellien

Cellien

*Copied from a thread I posted on mentioning what Greg said"  Actually.. that clears up a lot.  The big budget films right now are going to hog all the interest.. Its in the film's/studios best interest to wait till the dust settles to show off AvP2.  Nice find, thanks for posting it.

Predboy

Predboy

Well, all I can do is wait, atleast long enough so I dont have to buy another computer because of an accident that might happen some time soon.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

MY god I can't even begin to imagine all of us having nerdgasms for when it is released.

Ermac

Ermac

QuoteMY god I can't even begin to imagine all of us having nerdgasms for when it is released.
I can't imagine it either, because it's just not going to happen. Man, just because we're due a teaser trailer and the title is now "Aliens vs.Predator" doesnt automatically mean this film will redeem the franchise. There are still faar too many things wrong with this movie already, ie. setting, cast, creature-effects house...

topman

topman

thank you ermac!! somebody with a lot of sense! its just a teaser trailer, not a proper full trailer! the movies isn't due till december!

AVP2:INVISIBLE DARKNESS

Ermac is right about it only being a teaser trailer, but the directors have also stated that it will reveal the plot to the story. It will have actual movie footage, unlike a lot of teaser trailers. No one wants to be reminded of the 1st AVP teaser which was Andersons' POOR attempt at trying to bring the true fans of both series. He had to use film footage from the original movies because his movie was "lacking" to put it nicely. Andersons' theatrical trailer also showed most of the action scenes in the movie. Another give-away that he had a poor product.  I like the fact that the cast is relatively unknown. The setting is fine. Other than going to the predator home world (Which should be used for a 3rd Stand alone Predator movie) where else could they have set the movie that hasn't been done?

I like the setting. The sewer system is where the Alien Hive will be. Reminiscent of the setting for Aliens. Dark and close quarters. Very claustrophobic feel to it I would think. I am not worried about the visual effects of this movie. They brothers have worked on some very big budget movies doing the visual effects. The Nutty Professor, Volcano, and Titanic. Here are the more recent big films they did: Greg and Colin's visual effects company Hydraulx has worked on big films like X-Men: The Last Stand, Fantastic Four, Terminator 3, and The Day After Tomorrow. Even if you didn't like any of these movies, the visual effects were top-notch. Rest easy guys and gals, Greg and Colin will deliver a what we were hoping for the first time around. Don't forget that Greg and Colin have also said if this movie does well, they want to direct a 3rd AVP. The wrote a script for the original, but Fox went with Anderson instead. Anything Anderson touches turns to, well we all know the rest.

cockroach

cockroach

agree with above. they know how to work the effects...   and with regard to there being no queen in this movie. i personally think there will be a queen or else there will only be a certain number of aliens tho from the rumours sounds like the town is over run with them, also with all the town people i think it'd be a waste of hosts   also i liked the original aliens vs predator comic idea where a queen facehugger accidently gets transported to earth for hunting along with normal ones which therefore causes the outbreak... also this would explain the 'hive' in the sewers (which is a great setting & i'm sure the aliens will feel at home)... well fingers crossed. also i think the predalien will be the final face off... which would either mean the alien queen would ve been destroyed already OR the predalien destroys queen (tho already been kinda done in Alien Res) also its not a genetic cross like the new born so is purely alien in instinct so doubt the predalien hybird will kill a queen OR the queen facehugger inpregnates a predator = amazing queen predalien hybrid! but doubt that'll happen.  well what ever happens i got a good feeling this film is gna rock!

I do believe there is a queen. As far as how much of her we see is another question. The movie title is: Aliens Vs. Predator, so lots of Aliens and 1 Predator. Sounds action filled to me. Plus, lots of Aliens means they had to come from somewhere. A Queen at some point in the movie. The Predalien is still and Alien. I believe a very violent fight between the Predalien and Predator will be the final showdown for this movie.

Roguepl

Roguepl

The Queen will be killed finally by humans, and Predalien by predator :)

Ripley killed the 1st Alien Queen in Aliens. Then the Queen in AVP was killed by both the Predator and Human. Tag-team if you will. Very cheesy too. Not sure why you are saying "finally" killed by a human Roguepl. Thats been done 2 times now. To get technical, Alien:Resurrection was killed by the "Hybrid" that was part human also. I also thought that to be cheesy. More-so than the tag-team from AVP.

The Queen in Alien:Resurrection was killed by the "Hybrid". The statment above without the correction could also be correct by some who have watched that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed