Fox Pulls Out of Comic-Con [Updated #4]

Started by Darkness, Jul 19, 2007, 06:49:08 PM

Author
Fox Pulls Out of Comic-Con [Updated #4] (Read 15,353 times)

Darkness

Seems Fox has pulled out of this year’s Comic-Con event, according to LATimes. No specific reasons are given in the article except saying the material wasn’t ready.

“The studio pulled out of Comic-Con on Wednesday, just a week shy of the massive movie fan convention in San Diego, canceling its star- and filmmaker-studded panel, saying clips from its slate of effects-heavy films just aren’t ready… Fox movies pulled from the schedule are “Jumper,” directed by Doug Liman and starring Hayden Christensen; directors Colin and Greg Strause’s update to the popular “Aliens vs. Predator” franchise; the Vin Diesel action film “Babylon A.D.”; and “Hitman,” starring Timothy Olyphant, based on the wildly popular video game of the same name.”

It’s not the end of the world. Just means people going to Comic-Con won’t be seeing the AvP2 Trailer. You can read the full article in this thread. Thanks to CloakedHunter for the bad news.

Update #1: CHUD revealed Fox pulled out because they were told that any R-Rated material wasn’t allowed to be shown during the presentations.

Update #2: Colin posted in the forum and said that the R-Rated trailer will be still shown online as promised.

Update #3: Greg said on IMDB that the trailer will be online about a week or so after Comic-Con.

Update #4: There’s so many rumours going around at the moment. CHUD have spoken to David Glanzer (director of publicity for Comic-Con) who said that they aren’t against R-Rated material and Fox will still be appearing at Comic-Con. So it looks like Fox will be showing something, but who knows if they’ll have an AvP2 presentation or not.

beeko

oh well lets just hope the online trailer appears soon

CELTICPRED

I was fuming until I read it.  Close one.  Bring on the website please.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

WTF OMFG Im gonna cry!!! This is just getting sad Colin cant even give us a f**king pic no surprise there pulling out of comic con. Iv been so support've of this movie and its just biteing in the ass and im sick of it!

ElderPredator

Relax dude, we'll see it when its done.

The Ultimate Predator

Bi annoying, then again, maybe they will release the trailer earlier?

Orphen42

AWWWWW cumon i was fully anticipating da avp2 tralier!!! ****dissapointment****   :'(  

Sergeant.Poncho

God Im So Tired Of Waiting. I mean even the 2 damn pictures that are found (from the Aliens vs Predator) was not given by the strausses to us. Only thing they did was confirm them. So can you give us something new? A picture? a trailer? something plz many fans are tired of waiting forever just for a damn trailer.   >:(  

Harry72

Let us wait what Colin will answer.    ;D  

R

R

WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THIS INJUSTICE   >:(  

Harry72

Sure - that's not good for Fox's reputation.    :'(  

cockroach

cockroach

kinda annoying... tho living in London i was relying on the trailer on apple.com to be honest.... Colin will this cancellation affect the internet trailer release date?    :P  

cockroach

cockroach

ok just read this at movieweb.com so lil happier    ;D     Chud.com claims that Fox pulled out because last year's raunchy Borat presentation has strained their relationship with the Con. Chud.com's scooper writes, "(Comic Con) told Fox that there was absolutely to be no R rated materials during the presentations. The trouble with that is that all of the film's on Fox's slate are R rated, with Aliens vs. Predator finishing up a red band trailer. (I'm not sure about Jumper 's rating, but in typical Liman fashion that film has a long way to go before the editors can make sense of it.) Anyway they said the cost of a couple hundred grand just wasn't worth it when they could just release all the stuff on the Internet."  YYYYAAAY 'red band trailer' !!!!   ;D     ;D     ;D  

YutaniDitch

That is a good excuse as any... it is so crappy I shouldn't even bother to comment...  Whenever they present crappy excuses to cover their incompetence and utter disrespect for the fanbase community who, may I remind them, are the sole reason they are still making a profit on these movies anyway...  There is no excuse for them to pull out a week before Comic-Con...Nor is the 'We don't want R-rated movies in CC' a plausible explanation...  They can't convince me that after Colin stting that CC 'was a big event for us' just a month or so before, FOX only came t know about the CC's 'No R-rated movies' only a week before it...  Does anyone elese smell a rat here...? I sure do...  Sorry, I am just double disappointed: the AVP2 teaser/trailer taking even longer to show up, and Fox thinking we are stupid enough to believe their crappy excuses...   >:(     ::)  

Corporal Hicks

...*inserts long stream of curses here*...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed