Interesting AvP2 Points

Started by Darkness, Jul 28, 2007, 09:04:47 PM

Author
Interesting AvP2 Points (Read 15,743 times)

Half-knife

Half-knife

As a hardcore Predator fan since the first film, I can't understand all the infantile nit-picking about weapons, markings, etc. The idea of different Predator clans is the same thing I wrote to Dark Horse Comics about in the 90s. I even proposed different colors for different planetary populations (any color a reptile can come in), different sizes, everything. In the first AVP book, Prey, it clearly states that the aliens are about as smart as dogs and not much of a challenge to an experienced Predator. I, for one, hope that this string of movies goes for a long time to come and explores the Predator culture in great detail like the Klingons in Star Trek. Also, I don't think the same characters should be used again in any further Predator movies, (Arnold or Danny Glover), but have fresh faces and situations. I would like to see a Predator film set in the future with Predators fighting other alien species or high-tech humans for territory or whatever. I do really like the idea that Predators and Humans can work together. The Predators clearly have a code of honor of sorts and I'd like to see a film which shows Humanity saving the Predators from some disaster or something, and the Predators returning the favor big time somewhere down the road. In the comics, a Human and Predator worked together to defeat the Predalien just like with the queen in AVP. That would be a great story on a grander scale.

Half-knife

Half-knife

It's good to see all this interest in the AVP scenario. I know that I will enjoy the movie regardless unless it is just too stupid. Teenagers killing either a Predator or Alien would qualify as too stupid!!! Let's keep that crap on HBO and in generic crime movies. AVP could really blossom into a major phenomenon if it's done right. The question is when will hardcore fans be able to really influence it. That's what killed Star Trek, or at least mortally wounded it. That supreme MORON Rick Berman got too greedy and kept his lackeys around him while ignoring the fans and lining his own pockets. Trying to change the history of the franchise with Enterprise is what got it and he himself canned. Let's hope that that doesn't happen here.

Half-knife

Half-knife

I like the idea of a "cleaner" or mop-up guy. It does make sense that an ancient hunting race like Predators who capture alien queens and transport them to other planets would have elite warriors who specialize in this specific duty. Any way, it's a great idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed