AvP2 Alien NECA Figure

Started by Darkness, Jul 30, 2007, 08:26:27 PM

Author
AvP2 Alien NECA Figure (Read 23,310 times)

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

I have been reading what all of you have said. What's wrong with the neck, yes I agree cooler sounds are needed, The teeth aren't that big and they will look better on the screen, the ridged head is more original and I like it! The adam sex thing, um, no comment   :-\  

NotBadForAHuman

NotBadForAHuman

Wait wait wait...what kind of sex are we talking about?...I mean, yeah, cool alien...   ::)  

Dillon

Dillon

So the Aliens in this movie have supertails, clawed fingers, bulging necks and fleshy shoulders. As well as the Strause Brothers for accepting the awful design.  Looks like the only thing they got right was the ridged head, but it's not enough to redeem the crappy look.

Dillon

Dillon

So the Aliens in this movie have supertails, clawed fingers, bulging necks and fleshy shoulders. ADI fails again, and so do the Strause Brothers for accepting the awful design.   Looks like the only thing they got right was the ridged head, but it's not enough to redeem the crappy look.

Commander Griker

Commander Griker

it has four fingers what ever happend to the six fingered Aliens like the ones from Alien Aliens  the comics and the 1990's kenner toy line

jevjnd2000

jevjnd2000

I for one absolutely love the look.  It's very crappy that some of you are asking Greg and Colin to answer to these criticism which are baseless for the most part.  Why don't we wait until we see the trailer anyway?  That would be the fair thing to do, since toy replicas are hardly indicative of what we'll see on screen anyway.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

So Im guessing McFarlane Is not doing the figures this time around?

Danger Close

Danger Close

Perhaps not, he released his 2008 line-up and no AVP2. I can't recall for sure but I'm sure McFarlane released the AVP line-up before the movie release, so if he is doing them, he is cutting it close.  He is trying to fund his next SPAWN film. He is doing it independantly from a major studio, so I would think he needs the cash.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

I really liking this new design. Lov'n the new ridged head design (especially the back end) and I'm glad they kept the tail. I like the design for the neck, but it does appear a tad large. The two top incisors really should be scaled back a bit if it's any indication of what they're suppose to look like in film. I see the new warrior and the first thing I think is vampire. lol The early pre-production photo didn't look like that, though. So hopefully they didn't change that aspect.   Personally, I rather like ADI's design. Not quite as much as Cameron's vision but I still think it's pretty damn good. I think a lot of fans need to lay off ADI and Anderson. lol   :D  

Danger Close

Danger Close

I might have just confirmed my last point. I went to SPAWN.COm and looked under thier Intellectual Properties and ALIEN and PREDATOR are NO longer listed there.  So there you have it. Not really confirmed by McFarlane, but it would appear McFarlane Toys no longer has the rights to the Alien and Predator franchise.

Mr J

Mr J

If it is set on Earth why not spice it up and throw in a dog alien. I think it would be creepy to have the local pound with all the cages ripped open huh? but i know that won't happen. I don't know what everyone is getting so worked up about, its the same alien they used in the first AVP with a bumpy head instead of smooth. plus this is just a figure not a screenshot of the film. I had ideas for a good script idea, some are someone is locked in a room and can hear the face huggers in the airducts crawling around trying to get in. A way to get the human in the picture while they fight is having someone under grating like Aliens with less space kind of like newt in the ship where you can crawl while and alien and pred fight up above, maybe some acid can spill on the person. the dog kennels but I was thinking on an off world planet.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

As long as the Strause Bros. don't have the predator doing flips, cartwheels, spins and human martial arts (i.e. the comics) I'll be okay.   ;D   lol  Fighting performance arguments aside, Iun White's portrayal was very much in line with Kevin Hall's. The body language and movements were very close. Albeit he was portraying much younger Hunter's.  Oh! And for the love of God, Strause Bros. PLEASE no praetorians!    ;)  

Mr J

Mr J

thats a shame about spawn.com, they make great stuff but did a sloppy job of AVP 1. I hope they get somoene with skill to make the next line. Spawn the movie? with luck better than the first but I'm not here to talk spawn. I always loved on the AVP 2 game how the doctor was forced to lock himself in a room while aliens were killing everyone outside and so he was forced to eat bodies in the room with him until mariens came. creepy and shows that he's got as much revenge in mind for the alien as ripley did. next avp should be a dead clone of the AVP and AVP2 games, they had a perfect atmos with the lighting and noises to distract you.

Harry72

Harry72

Can't wait to see this Xenomorph in action.    :P   Looks very aggressive and dangerous.    :P  

GSOlyons3030

GSOlyons3030

I was also pretty disappointed with the AVP1 toy line.  First off, they were a bitch to find in the US. Second, the Scar Pred can barely stand and the mask doesn't remove on mine.  Third, they have those huge chopper blades on their forearms.  Predators have enough blades on their arms.  And the plasma cannons are so huge they would probably fall over backwards in reality.    Are there any other companies making figures for the film?  Also, I feel alone on this, but I actually like the smooth alien style more.  This alien seems to bulky and ridged for me, even though that is the original design.  The neck is huge, but I like the tail

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed