Ridley Scott on AvP

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2007, 08:19:25 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on AvP (Read 18,986 times)

jimmylace

jimmylace

when will people realise? Alien 3 is notch away from a masterpiece. Its rich in theme, its got some seriously realistic action and dialogue. it is literally...'this is how people would react in this situation..' the celluloid sweats dread and despair. ah f**k it. i give up. enjoy your sugar- coated action moviez. oh yeah, aliens. best film ever.- much better than alien   ::)  

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The first Alien is a masterpiece of all sci-fi films. Aliens is the best sci-fi action movie I have ever seen in my life hands down. Alien3 is highly under rated, it doesn't get the credit that it really deserves!   The high level of realistic emotional character development really makes up for the lack of hardcore action that a lot of people expected in Alien3. What I loved best about Alien3 is that you really care for the characters and the setting is so f**ked up and dark! The film itself whorships the Alien as a god which really makes the Alien more scary.   AR had a killer cast I thought! It had some really interesting action scenes, and the special effects are sweet. That under water scene brings tears of joy to my eyes, what a cool idea. AR could have been 10x worse, but it is a film that stands on it's own two feet, nothing like AVP   ::)    AVP lacked almost everything! The cast sucked, the director sucked, and the editing alone made the movie very hard to watch at times. Yeah it was fun because it's about Aliens and Predators but it's nothing like AR. Alien 4 had much more class, AVP had no class what so ever.

TK1999

TK1999

in other words, "It was complete shite!"

jimmylace

jimmylace

I agree with phantom, although I'm not as positive about Alien 4. Anyone that has a vague awareness of my posts will see me condemning Aliens alot.....but thats only in terms of relative artistic merit to Alien and Alien 3. I really object to those that wanted to see Hicks and Newt survive. Thats just not what should happen in a horror series. That said,  Aliens is one of the best sci-fi action movies ever made. I personally wish it just had a bit more of the horror element in  there. Maybe thats what AvP2 will be. Who knows?

Mr J

Mr J

I know predator 2 didn't do that well but I personally loved it. Pred 1 is better though. Alien 3 I like as an adult but as a kid after watching aliens with the powerloader and the machine guns who couldn't help but be let down. Alien res, I didn't like the whole clone idea, it was pretty good up until the hybrid alien with eyes, that just sucked.

Mr J

Mr J

and aliens belong in space only!!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

The Aa was kind of funny, in a really creepy way, my god those human like eyes were just........spooky.

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

yeah remember what the strausse bros. said about one of their earlier scripts being set in space/future? i love it i think they did a really good job with this movie, because if they did, they know they'll be the first to contact on making a possible third movie set in the future.  and they also know that's what every one of us wants.  i think for the most part all of us have nothing but high hopes for this film.  every little bit of data we've received only makes it sound more intense and scary. but still.... freaking two more days until the "week after comic-con" is up and the trailer is supposed to come out. [yeah i don't know what any of that had to do with our discussion about cameron or scott]    ::)  

Boneman_the_Immortal

Boneman_the_Immortal

YutaniDitch: I would sign under what you wrote :-)

jeremy

jeremy

???   You no wuts funny..Ive never signed up on here and ive been going on this site for quite sum time now..you ppl argue over the stupidest chitt.AVP sucked but you no wut at least there doing sumthing with AVP 2.. They own there own Visual Effects company so at least the visual effects are in TOP NOTCH hands you dig...And for the predalien it would look better with the dreads and the wrist blade alien tail..Who cares about the alien traits and who is any of you people to say what it is supposed to look like.Your opinoins do not matter..From what colin and greg said so far it is gonna be a bad azz movie..OHH yeah and the only reason most of you are complaining is because this PREDATOR is gonna FUC* them ALIENS up and you guys are just salty..AVP sucked but the preds got there ass kicked, but not this one..Its THE PREDATORS TURN!!!...

EpsilonOrpheon777

EpsilonOrpheon777

we can only hope

Jeremy

Jeremy

>:(   No im pretty sure about this one. I have a good feeling..No need to hope..PREDATORS will win. aliens are haterz

Alien

Alien

f**k with that!! We want trailer!!!!

PredKing87

PredKing87

>:(     ???   I would imagine the trailer will be on either tomorow maybe cuz alot of movies premiere or monday but thats just hopeful thinkin. We will see..colin and greg will come through this time for sure.

PredatorKing 2776

PredatorKing 2776

PredKing87 (which is almost my name) but you think the trailer will be out 2 morrow. possibly but I think next week we'll see the trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed