Ridley Scott on AvP

Started by Darkness, Jul 31, 2007, 08:19:25 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on AvP (Read 19,497 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

It really annoys the hell out of me when people just kick AvP down to the ground, especially the fandom itself and how sometimes fans even piss on the franchise itself. Really, it's very annoying to the point where I am not even wanting to be part of the fandom anymore but I love the franchise so much that I am willing to put up with unending BS. AvP was what I call "the little movie that could" (yes, a pun off the Little Engine that Could) and sure-- SOME fans were disappointed, but I loved the film...   Yeah, people are entitled to their own opinions but damn it, enough is enough.. we get it, Anderson is the most hated man around-- AvP made SOME fans discontent-- we get it..

ALIEN SKULL COLLECTOR

ALIEN SKULL COLLECTOR

Hopefully Ridley and the rest of us will think different of AVP2, and save us from anderson's mistake.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Hopefully that guy wont back down on his word and make Alien 5 with Jimmy!!!

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Knowing how the AVP fans act, the Stause Brothers will end up being their next victims soon after AVP2 shows it's self in December   ::)  

Cellien

Cellien

I know.. the Anderson/AvP hating is relentless.  It starts with a small complaint then snowballs into a HUGE hatred.  Seen it happen a million times.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

And it's going to happen again, I hope the Strause Brothers are ready for it, because no matter how good the movie might be to sum, more AVP fans will find 5 billions reasons why it sucks and why the brothers raped their life   ::)  

leprechaun62689

leprechaun62689

Anything can happen when the film comes out.  But all you "fan boys" are too god damn critical and should appreciate the fact that are trying to set things straight and at least put our 2 favorite series back on the big screen.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Dude at this point no matter what you say to the fans they will always find something wrong with any film period and trash on it all day long, it's in their blood! You can't reverse it lol.

kev

kev

Darkness dors cameron have to work for fox???????

Dachande

Dachande

U guys speak the truth. They find problems with movies all the time and dont really like anything new cause it "never lives up to their expectations".  Honestly people complain about the 3rd Alien movie, Alien Resurrection, and Predator 2.  Now AVp suffers cause they feel the need to whine and moan. Honestly I am a supremely dedicated fan to all the Predator, Alien, and AVP stuff and I love evry single one of the movies. SO to all u whiny little bastards out there, just shut the hell up, watch the movie, and stop complaining about how it didn't live up to whatever god like standard u set. The movies rock, and thats all that matters to me.

PREDALIEN-K.

PREDALIEN-K.

Everyone has a right to say whatever they want about AVP ALIEN 3 ALIEN RESURRECTION and PREDAOR 2. Well I really liked AVP. Rather than the film being a pointless action movie with no story it turned out to be excellent. I loved the story and it had element's from the comic book and the Alien and Predator films. By the way PREDATOR 2 was awesome.

MoBiUGeArSkIn

MoBiUGeArSkIn

I really liked AvP, saw it three times at the cinema. I don't really look at it as part of either franchise. As far as the books go, the film holds ground. It's a fanboy dream. These creatures were never meant to meet head on but they did. Paul Anderson pretty much delivered what I was expecting; a fast paced smackdown between two sci-fi monster icons. The effects were great, the excuse to bring them together was interesting enough, and the beasties killed each other real good.  Nuff' for me.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Alien 3 is a very under rated film that I think today is getting it's due credit. AR is nothing like AVP, AVP is pure shit compared to AR.

GSOlyons 3030

GSOlyons 3030

I just felt that the preds died so fast that I wasn't really interested in the rest.  It wasn't awful, I just expected more cuz everyone else did, you can't make a PG13 alien/pred movie.  It's probably better to think of this film as different direction instead of a remake of the first.  That probably why AlienS vs Predator worked best.

GSOlyons 3030

GSOlyons 3030

I liked AR, just not the alien hybrid at the end, it almost ruined it for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed