Some Aliens FPS Info

Started by Darkness, Jun 02, 2007, 10:06:00 PM

Author
Some Aliens FPS Info (Read 4,611 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Gamespot have given a few details away about the forthcoming Aliens FPS, developed by Gearbox:

“Development for the project is apparently well under way. “We’re working really hard on that right now,” said Pitchford… The executive also revealed some tidbits about the plot of the Aliens game, which is due on “next-gen platforms” in 2009. “Our game’s about becoming a Colonial Marine, and looking at it from the Colonial Marines’ perspective,” explained Pitchford. The Colonial Marines battled the acid-blooded xenomorphs in Aliens, and were a template for the troopers who fight alongside the Master Chief in the Halo games.”

The executive also mentions that some people from Gearbox have shared things with developers from Obsidian, who are making the Aliens RPG game. But the games are going in completely different directions. Thanks to MetroidMatt87 for the news.

The Ultimate Predator

That sounds really cool, all from "the Colonial Marines' perspective" - sounds excellent.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Could be interesting if they're both set within the same continuity.

Spoon

Spoon

2009!  next gen consoles!?   They wont be next gen at all in 2009.   Really hope its coming out on pc and using havok or at least unreal 3 engine.

MetroidMatt87

MetroidMatt87

Awsome! Im on the front page! Yay for me! Anywho, hopin for PC release also, or at least on Wii (got it the first day, big N full supporter) and this game is sounding really friggin good.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

sweet, finally some info on this

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, hope it will be on PC. I think it will be.

Yautja

Yautja

Even though id prefer playing the console version. A PC version with a level editor would be great. Id definitley make a good few mods for it

K

K

Oh man, this sounds awesome, I loved the AVP games. Always thought they should do a AVP3.

Cellien

Cellien

@MetroidMatt:  Don't expect it on the Wii.. at least the same version that will be on 360/PS3 as the Wii hardware is waaaaay to outdated.  I'm a big N supporter aswell, but they lost me with the Wii    :-\    Now a 360 gamer..     8)  

ILovJesus

ILovJesus

BAH NO ALIENS 1/5 4 storyline/roleplaying -_-'' hmm but i m stil guna buy da game ratings wil at least be like 8.7/10

Future alien 5 creator

Future alien 5 creator

The hive fight would be awsome for next-gen consoles as they could make it brill, the queen showdown would be one of the greatest boss battles and the vent sequence would be terryfiying! I hope they manage to pull off an aswome game so more alien games can be released (nop ressurection or alien 3!)

ALIEN FAN

ALIEN FAN

YOUR IDEAS ARE PREETY GOOD.  ARE YOU A FAN OF ALIENS LIKE ME ?

Dachande

Dachande

As far as Alien games I think that we are due a decent game, as the last decent one was Avp 1 & 2. There is a need for decent alien games, not the ps1 resurrection tripe! Predator CJ was ok, but if they can make one that you get the oppresive atmosphere then it would be good. Only time will tell.

Tinman

Tinman

If it's not on PC, I will not be buying it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed