AvP2 in PSP: The Official Guide Book

Started by Darkness, Jun 18, 2007, 05:33:20 PM

Author
AvP2 in PSP: The Official Guide Book (Read 8,335 times)

Darkness

Further to the rumour about AvP2 being on the PSP, the news was featured in PSP: The Official Guide Book. Somebody sent PlanetAvP what was in there:

“Although officially top secret, we’ve learned that Vivendi – publishers of past Aliens vs. Predator titles – is creating Aliens vs. Predator for PSP. The game will tie in with 20th Century Fox’s upcoming sequel, which is expected to hit cinemas in January. The story sees those naughty aliens and predators rocking up a small isolated town and making life difficult for the locals. It’s a small, modern day town – Colorado, in fact – which may cause a few timeline problems for Aliens fans. We’re looking forward to seeing how this is explained and to incinerating screeching acid-blooded xenomorphs in the rural US with impunity. More details next issue.”

“Cause a few timeline problems for Aliens fans” – that’s an understatement. I can’t see them pulling this game off, to be honest. AvP2′s general story is hardly great to begin with so who knows what the game will turn out like. I wish Vivendi would get their act together and make an AvP3 FPS instead. Does anybody get this PSP Official Guide Book? If so, scan the AvP2-related articles that are featured in there in the coming months.

Pvt. Hicks

ijnteresitng

Mr. Weyland

Didn’t I send this news in?

Mr. Weyland

How as it caused a few timeline problems, there is over a 100 year gap and the fact that aliens are running around a town with people witnessing these creatures doesn’t really mess things up, unless the survivors decide to tell people what they saw but then they would sound crazy, who would believe you if you said there was 2 different races of alien fighting in your back garden? Even film footage can be disproved.

Mr. Weyland

plus, hoe do we know that the Weyland-Yutani company hasn’t encountered these things many times before, its not like there going to tell anybody.

Darkness

Why else would The Company go to all the trouble in the Alien films to get one of them then? Ash, Burke, Bishop II. If they\'d have encountered them before, they wouldn\'t be so desperate to get one of them from Ripley.

Mr. Weyland

True, its just I don’t want this movie to fail and have time errors like avp 1, then maybe more people will consider the avp movies canon and a proper part of the alien and predator time line.

The Ultimate Predator

So you're saying that this film is feasible Darkness?

War Wager

I'm really annoyed at this...    >:(  

GueRoux

I don't understand...just because they've been on Earth before doesn't mean that the company has ever gotten a hold of one. Sure maybe they've seen it...and been marveled by it..and that's why they've had a hard-on to get one for so many years.

Darkness

I doesn't help that they said they hadn't encountered this creature in over 300 surveyed worlds. I believed her when she said that.

The Ultimate Predator

Good point. Unless they encountered it on earth, and covered it up. I mean, in Alien the company really seem to want it, and the android certainly knows about it. Its not really a timeline problem IMO.

Mr. Weyland

I don’t think everybody in the company knows about the aliens, that’s why the woman said the 300 surveyed worlds thing, maybe its even higher up in the company and the science division that keep these certain creatures secret, you never know who might be a company impostor.

Xenomorphine

Darkness, you do realise that was their 'official' cover sotry, right? And that the insurance woman would hardly have connections to their most deep and diabolical secrets? :)  Remember that legal dispute from a few years ago? Some workers from Area 51 tried suing the US government for making them work on some weird and toxic chemicals, allegedly without much protective equipment. Are you going to tell me the people who were involved in that all had access to whatever they actually do in Area 51? If they really do have any captured UFOs there, do you think the people involved in that case, on behalf of the government, either knew or cared? It wasn't in their jurisdiction. :)  Of course the company's going to say they haven't been seen in any surveyed worlds. Officially, that's the case.  Also, we don't have any idea if that company is going to turn up in this story. They might not do. If they do, then there won't be any evidence for them to collect in any way.  I don't see how it's impossible to make a great game out of this. It could be like 'Resident Evil', but with better creature designs!  Personally, I would hope they allow you to play as one of them. :)

Xenomorphine

Cover story, even!  Hmm. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed