AvP2 "Clip Rocks"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 27, 2007, 01:27:45 PM

Author
AvP2 "Clip Rocks" (Read 15,420 times)

EvilPenguin

EvilPenguin

predx ur right bout the avp movie...but the whole him helping a human out..a chick on top of that..ruined the dang movie..paul anderson sux

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

A monster movie?  Alien and Aliens are considered some of the greatest films of all time, on imdb they are ranked somewhere in the 50's/60's.  Alien 3-a cinematic masterpiece. Underrated by many. Lots of people love this film, its ART.  Alien Resurrection-An amazing space adventure that was way different from the rest. Dont tell me just an average "monster movie" cost 70 million to make.  Predator-One of the greatest action films of all time. It has ARNOLD in it for crying out loud! STAN WINSTON IS AMAZING and so is John McTiernan  Predator 2-Danny Glover, Gary Busey, more predator, impressive special FX, a dceecent follow up.  AvP-Crappy film, but made about 200 million at the Box office, average sci fi action fare.  Dont call any movie in this series a 'monster movie'

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

The problem nowadays its hard to get really scared any more, especially movies such as these that rely more on the element of surprise ruther than creatur shock value. Saying that they are many people nowadays that DO still get scared off even to this day of the infomous chest buster scene, pure gold   ;D    I would love in a sense to see if this movie has tiny elements of a type of Hostel/Saw esq torture type of scare.  Imagine: a predator, slowly approaching its prey ( a traped,human hanging upside down) and before you know it we get to see a very first SKINNING of a human being first hands, think about it, its something that horricific to see, claws peeling away at the skin.  That in itself would DEFINATELY garrantee its stasis.  who knows??   ;D     ;D     ;D  

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I used to want to see something like that, now im not so sure. im kinda 50 50 now.  ive never been disturbed by anything in any of the 7 films, i can watch them comfortably. I would like to say the same with avp 2.  well, Kanes bursting scene still kinda gets me, otherwise thats it.    ;D  

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

Come on Pvt. Hicks    ;D   you know you'd love to see a scene like that.  Definately something WE ALL didn't expect to see! I just reckon its elements such as these that will give us that lasting impression. I mean how dark, grim and griity could you get?I have some other bits that I think MAY feature in this movie.  1. A close up of a Predator's hand piercing through a human (cluthing onto the spine as he burst through).  2. A human getting face shot by an alien (most presumably).  3. Severed limbs (most definately) from both aliens and predator/s.  4. A Predator throws his spinning disc and decapites heads (both human and aliens).  5. Blood, Blood,Blood,blood AND MORE BLOOD!!!!!!  Its all about catching the audience off hand. Ooooooooooo man!!!!! JUST SHOW ONE TINY TEASER,THATS ALL.

Cellien

Cellien

While the gore adds to the overall "feel" of the creatures and what they are capable of.. whats most important to me in the previous movies is the overall (sci-fi) atmosphere.  Changing it to a movie like "Saw" would be such a major disappointment to me    :-\  

Orion the hunter

Orion the hunter

Hicks, sorry for the confusion, I'm insulted that you got the idea I was dissing the alien and predator legacy, I love alien and predator, I was just saying that they are... in a sence... big man like movies.   :-[   my apoligies...

Orion the hunter

Orion the hunter

As for dual blades comment, I think a little more gore would add a new atmosphere to the movie, but overall I agree with Hicks, If too much goes in, the movie will lose that classic feel that the older ones had, we don't want to screw with it too much, but hey, we all have our own thoughts on the topic.    ;)     ;)  

meetxj9

meetxj9

I have been an AVP fan as long as i can remember. After waiting years for the first 1 i was somewhat satisfied and dissapointed. I get to see them go head to head with one another which is cool, but in the end i get a love story between Alex and the predator. Not to mention the storyline, Alex actually fits in with one of the characters in the comics. Only differents is that she doesn't go into space and joins the clan. My hope is that they don't go TOO focused on the humans. The show is called Aliens VS predator, so let US SEE THEM GO ALIEN VERSUS PREDATORING AT EACH OTHER MORE!!! and please give us colonial marines please!!! That would be sweet. What ever the case is, i will give the Struase brothers the benefit of the doubt. They can't possibly be worse then the guy who did Superman Returns.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

It's ok Orion, I overreacted, tend to do that a lot.

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

more like 158 min.

pretrixalated

pretrixalated

more like 158 min.

Cellien

Cellien

more like 158 min.

Hammer

Hammer

Why does everyone seem to hate the first AVP movie is it because Paul Anderson directed it, I thought it was a fantastic film.

Dual Blade

Dual Blade

I love the film and am sure like everyone else were just let down a bit by how it was handled. I actually thought that if he just soley wrote the movie and it was directed by someone else it could have turned out far different.   DANNY (the brilliant) BOYLE should be called in to direct Alien 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed