Strause Brothers For AvP3?

Started by Darkness, Apr 28, 2007, 09:05:20 PM

Author
Strause Brothers For AvP3? (Read 12,029 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Can’t believe we’re even discussing AvP3 already but Greg Strause left a couple of interesting comments on the IMDB Boards. It’s no secret the Strause Brothers tried to go after the first AvP before Anderson came along. IMDB User Docta_Jekyll was asking about this and if any elements of their original pitch made it into AvP2. Greg Strause said: “Yes, we did pitch on the orig. We’re saving that idea for the future….”. SiL then asked if they had the intention of returning to the franchise and Greg replied: “I guess that all depends….”. Interesting nonetheless. I wonder what their pitch involved.

Update: Greg: “Well, Colin and I are not the final authority on this, but that would be our preference. The problem with movies that take place in space is cost – they require huge budgets, and are hence quite risky. There have been a good share of big budget sci-fi bombs over the last few years… but ultimately it will depend on the sucess of AVP2…”

In other news, Colin has been giving away a few more details in our forum this week. Firstly, no news on an AvP2 website, it’s still too early for that; There will be similar sound effects to the originals in AvP2; The Predator will get some new equipment/weapons in AvP2; The Predator wristblades will be like the original Predator and not as long as they were in AvP; the Predator’s thermal vision will definitely be blue and not orange as in AvP but there will also be other visions. There’s a lot more stuff on the forum, check out this thread where you can submit your questions to Colin.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I just hope that if we get an AvP3 it's in the future...

The Ultimate Predator

100% agree, a re-make of the comic.

Highland

Highland

makes sense to make it a trilogy...

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

The Alien vs Predator was a very terrible movie. I hope AvP2 will be a good movie...but there are so many question! If the movie will be good...well come on AvP3, but if not...   ???  

gyro

gyro

a remake of the comic would be the best idea yet  i agree

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

I dont like the idea of AVP 3 saying "based on the Dark horse comics"    :-[  

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

It's good to know we're getting the classic thermal view back, not to mention regular gauntlets.  Keep it coming.

Steve

Steve

I think Predator movie is due for a 3rd.  AvP shouldnt reach 3 before predator. Plus Theres to much going on with 3 races fighting each other and only 1 race speaks.  I rather see a nice war of humans vs predators for once.  To me AVP movies feel like the aliens are just extras.  It doesnt work but I sure as hell enjoy at least one good movie with all 3 but doesnt need sequals.

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Steve, we've seen one AVP movie... we don't know how the aliens will be depicted in this sequel really.  But yes, they did feel like extras in the first film, which one of the things I didn't like about it.  It was much more of a predator film...  The humans need to die off halfway through an AVP movie... and AVP3 needs to be set in space.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I agree, I wouldn't mind having an AVP3 but it will depend on whether or not AVP2 lives up to our expectations and I full heartedly agree that if AVP3 come out that it should be set in the future....around the time period of aliens or before, because I think we need that feel of aliens in space again.   and I think a lot of people want to see predators in space and or on another planet, perhaps LV426 (actually it could take place before aliens and right after alien before the atmosphere processor is built, etc. and the predators just fight the aliens)  - Anyone have thoughts or opinions about this???

Darkness

Darkness

I'd rather leave LV-426 for a future Alien 5 film.

Tom

Tom

I think that they should stick to the comics storyline....Or, make it in the near future right before Alien took place on LV 426.   RANT ON: AVP was such a disgrace.... They made the Predators look like sissies. The director was so pro-Alien, they killed two Predators off in the first fight scene.  The gestation period for chestbursters was insanely short too.  What ever happened to the Marines???  They play a great role....instead they had Scientists and a few Haliburton security...Directors, Producers, you all need to go read the comics, and review the original movies... May'be then youll create a decent storyline that makes sense ......RANT OFF:   Alien 5 ?  Gee, I don't think it could get worse than Alien 4 .....Could it ? .... Predator 3 movie .....that would be awesome.

Kyra

Kyra

I think having AvP3 set in the future is an awesome idea~     ;D     ;D    Only thing is..  I'd like to see a lot MORE of Predators AND Aliens...  and a lot LESS of humans....  after all..  the movie is called Alien vs Predator...

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

AR haters jeez....come on man it wasnt that bad...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed