AvP2 - Least Anticipated 2007 Movie

Started by Darkness, Mar 18, 2007, 06:55:10 PM

Author
AvP2 - Least Anticipated 2007 Movie (Read 16,694 times)

Darkness

Some worrying news. There’s an article over at MSNBC about the least anticipated movies of 2007. AvP2 is listed fourth, right under Fantastic Four 2.  >:(

“I love it when a movie feels the need to name itself twice in the same title. Like the audience is so lazy they won't be able to bother themselves to actually speak the entire thing, even when buying a ticket at the box office, so they give you an out. If you want to call it simply “AVP2″ then you can and it's okay. It's the studios way of telling you that nothing really matters anymore and that this movie is a part of that philosophical manifesto. Will Alien prevail or will Predator? Does it matter in the end? Aren't we all just dust in the wind?
Ray of hope: The remote possibility of brief sequences of half-way decent monster-fighting. Maybe.”

I looked at the poll results and AvP2 is currently second to Saw IV with 12% of the votes. See, this is what happens, when nobody knows hardly anything about a film. Thanks to Trioxide for the news.

The Ultimate Predator

Its a shame, but it doesn't indicate its gonna be a bad film.

Wolfy

Wolfy

Im starting to consider wheither ill go and watch it or not.  Avp was a huge let down, and pulled my liking away from the franchises tbh

RidgeTop

NBC is just a bunch of football watching idiots.  there is plenty of anticipation for AVP2 and Saw IV as well.  we are making all of these judgements before we have seen any real information about the film.  hold tight, we will know what to set our expectations at soon enough.

CELTICPRED

Who cares?  Should we care what "msnbc" thinks?  Why can't we just make up our own minds when we see this in theaters instead of setting ourselves up for dissapointment?  This is a "study" by a group of douche bag asshole analysts who have nothing better to do than examine the boredom of people, so who the hell cares what they think?  I'm looking forward to this, once we get more than some production notes and 1 screen shot, I'll start making some judgements.

Darkness

I think the main problem is that this again shows that nobody outside the AvP community cares about AvP2. If nobody cares, that means, less people going to see it and lower box office takings. With this and the Christmas release date, you have to wonder what Fox's plan is.

Ermac

Ermac

It means they're trying to hide as much this movie as much as possible because it's obviously going to be bad. What sense would they have for not marketting a movie being released this year? We should have had a website, a poster and a teaser by now but all we have is a cast and one production still. This indicates the whole movie is a dissapointment for them and I wonder if "Alan Smithee" will be credited somewhere along the lines.

wolfboy

You're an idiot if this affects if you wanna watch the movie or not. Get a mind of your own!

Don Dorris

Don't worry about this guys. It might be unpopular according to MSNBC, but go to comingsoon.net and it's in the top 6 previews.

Darkness

That's actually pretty good that it's sixth to say nothing has been released about it. It's even above Die Hard 4.

Johnny Handsome

I think its Time for the studio to show some material to prove theyr wrong. (or right)   :-\  

Pvt. Hicks

You f**king naysayers never shut up, do you?

Mr. Weyland

The reason why Fantastic four 2 is above AVP 2 is because FF4 2 as trailers and stuff, AVP 2 as nothing but 1 movie image, this reminds me what happend to Resident Evil 2 movie, the way not advertising    :-[  

Wolfy

Wolfy

wolfboy | 18 Mar 2007 20:29 7  You're an idiot if this affects if you wanna watch the movie or not. Get a mind of your own!   ^^^ Never said this had affected oppinion, just thought this would be a good topic to explain what I thought.. Obviously I've got a mind or I'd be retarded,,,

Trioxide

We are all feeling the negativity due to the lack of information surrounding AvP2. But that doesn't justify taking an alarmous position, Wolfboy..... I'm sure that all of us have great exciting for this movie. Besides, the last thing we need is to jump at each other's throats...      :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed