3D Alien Poster Review

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 01, 2007, 11:53:43 PM

Author
3D Alien Poster Review (Read 2,393 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Figures.com have recently posted up a nice mini-review of the McFarlane’s 3D Alien Poster:

“The Alien poster (above) is my favorite. Simple in design, the poster recreates the alien's egg made famous in the first film. Set against a background of sheer black, the egg is cracked at the bottom and trimmed in a bright yellow and green to make it appear even more sinister. Above the egg, set in small, three-dimensional letters, is the word "ALIEN;" at the bottom, the film's famous catch phrase: "In space no one can hear you scream." Again, a simple poster design that's both eye-catching and fascinating…. What makes the Alien poster stand out from the other two posters is the lighting effect (seen above). Once two AA batteries are installed, the egg actually emits light, which gives the poster an even more menacing appearance.”

20070201_01

You can read the rest of the review here.
Thanks to PlanetAvP for the heads up.

wolfboy

wolfboy

That is awesome! Finally, a poster that's actually worth the full $25.

Mr. Weyland

Mr. Weyland

Waiting for money, then EBAY awaits    :)  

SiL

SiL

There's no way I'm fishing out $50 for that, little green light be damned. For the Jaws or Friday the 13th posters, maybe, but not that.

Darkness

Darkness

I really like the Jaws one.

wolfboy

wolfboy

hmm...actually I don't know if it should even be called a poster. I thought the 3d was just an effect on a flat surface, but it's actually raised physically. It's more like a...diorama?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed