Aliens War Games Cartoon Short

Started by Darkness, Feb 13, 2007, 05:37:23 PM

Author
Aliens War Games Cartoon Short (Read 6,220 times)

Darkness

Darkness

I just stumbled across this, it’s a pitch/demonstration for a Clone Wars style animated series based on Aliens. Here’s what creator Joshua Dram had to say:

“This is work I did for a pitch for a Cartoon Network “Clone Wars” style animated series based on the Aliens franchise. Dream project for me. I created pre-viz work and a 3 minute animated storyboard for the show pilot.”

20070213_01

Be sure to check this out. In order to watch the pilot, go to the Bluefields Creative website and click animated boards. Read more to see more pictures.

EDIT: Joshua recently told: “Nope, the project is at a standstill for now. Cartoon Network was interested, but Fox is a no-go for now. Someday, though!” It’s a real shame but maybe if the fanbase shows it’s interest, we could see this project going forward.

20070213_02

20070213_03

20070213_04

Corporal Hicks

I love the idea. Not alot to go on, but it seems quite promising. I'd hope Fox/CN would pick this up.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

My only problem with this is that if CN teamed up with Fox and if this is a go, then surely-- this would be a watered down version for Aliens. Meaning there would be no human deaths, only Alien deaths. No chestburstings, facehuggings, etc. Also, this probably wouldn't be well recieved by kids, especially sensitive children. Keep in mind that Clone Wars is Star Wars and Star Wars was meant for all audiences whereas Aliens, wasn't.

Corporal Hicks

It might not need to be aired. DVD releases.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Thats true, or they could show it on Adult Swim... I hope they release it on DVD rather than the latter... cause Adult Swim is run by a bunch of childish adults.   Still.. I watched the pilot, and so far it's pretty good.

Harms

Harms

Man, I hope this does not become a child-friendly version of aliens. The art design does look interesting. I wonder what the alien looks like in the cartoon, fully.

Darkness

Darkness

I thought it started off well. Nice animation but I don't like the way the characters are drawn. It's common for characters to look like that in flash.  I liked the Extinction opening a lot.

Hankerson

Hankerson

I guess I could see how it would be watered down but you should see some of the stuff they did with “Samurai Jack”. Violence is not an issue.

Eric

Eric

It started off brilliantly. An excellent sense of atmosphere!  Then the character style showed. Ugh... Looking above, I really don't want to see the creatures or those they face looking like that. It makes for what could be slick animation, but it really doesn't gel with that sort of a world.

Redfield

Redfield

I agree. It has great potential, but needs less kiddish characters and more realistic aliens.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sorry to bump this but did anyone manage to save the pilot episode?

I've dropped Joshua an email to see if he still has it knocking around too.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Feb 14, 2007, 10:03:56 AM
I thought it started off well. Nice animation but I don't like the way the characters are drawn. It's common for characters to look like that in flash.  I liked the Extinction opening a lot.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts. I like the idea of this, but the pictures look a bit too stylish. I loved the opening of Extinction. I think a 3D animated show could work as well as a cartoon style one.

Corporal Hicks

Joshua kindly sent over the animated storyboard he did for the pilot: https://www.facebook.com/avpgalaxy/videos/974410389273067/?video_source=pages_finch_main_video

Prez

Prez

That's awesome! Love the style of the artwork.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed