Interview with Alec Gillis/Tom Woodruff!

Started by Darkness, Dec 13, 2006, 12:01:13 AM

Author
Interview with Alec Gillis/Tom Woodruff! (Read 4,305 times)

Darkness

Well, what do you know? Three days and already an interview. I had the opportunity of interviewing Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff the other day about their work on the Alien and Alien vs Predator movies. They of course were the creature effects designers on the previous films and own Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. They’ve just finished filming Alien vs Predator 2 and took some time out of their busy schedule to answer a few questions:

AvPGalaxy – What was it like creating the predators in AvP since you only had experience in creating aliens? Was it a lot harder?

Alec Gillis – The Predator was a bit of uncharted territory. Of course, it's a creature suit and that's what we do, but there are always fan expectations. We had a lot of input from Paul Anderson so that helped things move along quickly, since he knew what he wanted. He was a real joy to work with because of his decisiveness. We knew that our Predator would in a way be a prototype for our company, and we are thrilled to have another crack at it on AVPII.

To read the full interview, head over to this page. Many thanks to Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff for doing this interview for us.

Corporal Hicks

Great work. Interesting interview.

AgentGlenn

AgentGlenn

Nice darkness. Could have asked more about AvP II though.. hehe

Darkness

I did ask a lot of questions for AvP2 but they chose not to answer them. I knew they wouldn't anyway as Fox isn't saying anything about AvP2 at the moment.

AlienGlenn

AlienGlenn

Ok m8. at least you tried  :)

Corporal Hicks

Yeah. It was a little disappointing about that, but it's a really interesting interview none-the-less. Some cool info.

beeko

beeko

im still hoping for a lone predator in avp2

Corporal Hicks

Does it actually say that in the interview?    ???  

Darkness

I think the directors already confirmed there would be only one predator.

beeko

beeko

i also like the idea of no slow motion shots

Corporal Hicks

Re: Darkness.  Didn't actually know that. I'd seen rumblings but okay. At least we wont have 2 Predators being slaughtered within 10 minutes.

Darkness

It was said somewhere or implied but I can't find the quote. But it kinda makes sense since I reckon AvP2 will be relatively low-budget.

beeko

beeko

similair budget to avp or less

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed