New Website Poll For August

Started by Darkness, Aug 02, 2004, 01:09:08 PM

Author
New Website Poll For August (Read 14,140 times)

Somebody

Somebody

HellAlien

HellAlien

Lol i hope that is not true, cuz that would be another nail in tha coffin.  I dont care of 13, gore, the dialogs, but i do care of the running time.  I dont want a 1.27 mins, its a bit short for a movie this caliber, just like JP3.   Ah anyway i will c that movie so, let it be. If they made it short then fine, they will make more money on that dvd that will come out.

Variable

Variable

Yea JP3 let down alot of people including me. Lets hope this is not a repeate. Cool spot.

Cetanu

Cetanu

You know what, if this is really 1 hr 27 min do you have any idea the lack of action that will be in this!? 45 minutes in the words of Paul Anderson is devoted to just character development, not one Pred or Alien will be seen during this time. That leaves how much time for the title bout of the century? Quite frankly, not nearly enough. This is very harrowing indeed. What's really annoying me is how he hasn't answered a single question that the fans of truly wanted. Why the movie was rated so low, and what the freaking length is. He's hiding, that's what he's doing. He doesn't have the guts to fess up and say, yeah, I screwed up, the movie's way too short and the rating way too low, I only pray that Cameron, Scott, or Spielberg is on board to direct the sequel, granted that the AvP is a flop.

batman

batman

It can't be right. There's no way he cud fit in the entire story in 1 hr 27mins. Plus the book didn't even cover the flashback scenes. It's bollocks, probably the preview version.  I heard from a cinema projectionist that the booking sheets for august has AVP down at 134 minutes.

Blaze

Blaze

ah dont believe cinemark, lol the movie is still rated R on that website   ;)  

batman

batman

It can't be right. There's no way he cud fit in the entire story in 1 hr 27mins. Plus the book didn't even cover the flashback scenes. It's bollocks, probably the preview version.  I heard from a cinema projectionist that the booking sheets for august has AVP down at 134 minutes.

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

why o why did they f**k up

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

134 mins , that aint to bad, i mean 2 hours and 14 min long flick is good for an alien or pred movie.Man aliens directors cut was like 145 mins so 134 isnt to to bad, but if they actualy made it an even 2 and a half hour film that would almost mike up for the pathetic rating.

-=Daishi=-

-=Daishi=-

time alone does not make a good movie..but short movies usually suck so... we'l just have to wait and see

batman

batman

paul anderson's films are known for having the thinnest characters ever and one of the alien/pred films great strengths is their great ensemble of characters.  A 90 min film is not long enough for character development for a film of this scale. I know the humans are relegated to third party in this but i would at least like to register a flicker of emotion when one of them kops it. I know i will for lance, just cos of aliens. For me, a 134 min film cud have a good hour of build up and character development then 60 mins of action. Plus for the Lex/Scar thing to work properly you would need at least 20-25 mins of film time dedicated to it, a bit like arnie's solo duel with the original predator.

batman

batman

plus, if anderson has dreamed of this movie for ten years, why wud he only make it 90 mins long? It don't make sense, and no matter how strict fox are they wud never restrict it to that short amount of time.

philly193

philly193

So what if ts' PG-13 even tough i've voted rated R don't boycott AVP it's is sitll going to be a box office hit and when it comes out on dvd they will have an R rated version

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

your joking right HELLALIEN, its not 1:27 mins.....is it!

Variable

Variable

God I hope not. The least it should be is an hour 45 minutes. I am hoping for a R dirctors cut. Saw two spots in two hours. One was the one everyone has seen. The second was one with the sound of a heart beat in the background with alot of new clips.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed