ComingSoon.net's AvP Review

Started by Darkness, Aug 13, 2004, 12:22:36 AM

Author
ComingSoon.net's AvP Review (Read 17,451 times)

Darkness

Darkness

ComingSoon.net have posted their review of Alien vs Predator. It’s not good and it’s not bad – the general vibe I’m getting is that it’s just an OK movie. From the posts I’ve read in the forum, I’m not very happy at all.

“The effects vary in quality, but they are generally good. I was particularly impressed with the CGI Aliens. They looked great. There are some great shots of the warrior Aliens as well as the Queen. You get to see her in full battle action and it was quite spectacular. Shots of her and thousands upon thousands of swarming Aliens really made me eager to see a purely Alien sequel. I’d really like to see what they could pull off with new technology. The Predators looked best when their masks were on. I didn’t like their faces as much when they removed their masks, but this was a rare occurrence. Their ships were also portrayed in a cool stealth manner.”

Till now on IMDB AVP get a rating of 5,9 (on a scale of 1 to 10).  More than i hoped for after reading the truly bad reviews.

christor!!!!

christor!!!!

Well thats good that it has been compared to the better Alien 3, rather than resurection.  The thought of the queen leading her army to battle sounds amazing!!!!  ps anyone noticed that site access is very slow lately???

predguy22

predguy22

Well, regardless of what people say I'm still going to watch this movie. Possibly many times. So what if people don't like it that much? I know I have a different sense of taste and I don't really mind that there have been changes. It's a different time, a different director, hell, it's a whole different thing. This movie could be considered a franchise on its own and I'm not going to pout about it. I'm going to milk it as dry as I did with both the Alien and Predator movies.  So maybe the movie isn't EXCELLENT. I never expected it to be. I just want a fun movie that shows me what I've always wanted to see: aliens and predators on the same screen and doing what they do.  Considering I have to wait 3 more weeks I think I'll probably find a way to watch the movie sooner since I can't wait any longer. Hopefully I'll get to go to a special screening in my country.

Thomas

Thomas

The bad reviews dont bother me so much. I'm still looking forward to seeing it! And because this movie is sort of "on its own" and seperate from either the Alien or Predator movies I dont think it will damage either series. It should not be compared to any of the previous films....its a whole new concept and it should be viewed and reviewed taking this into consideration. I dont care whether it adds anything to the series since thats not what its supposed to do, in my opinion. As long as I come out of the cinema thinking "Damn, that was good!" then I'll be more than happy.    ;D  

jerk

jerk

so...was the movie nice?

Midian_After_Dark

Midian_After_Dark

Hey Darkness....  Any thoughts on s review section for the Fans to post their own reviews? You are going to get flooded with them in a few hours.  Just a thought...  ^v^ MIDIAN ^v^

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

HEY ON YAHOO THE MOVIE ISNT GETTING SO BAD REVIEWS ABOUT B TO B- IVE SEEN IT FLUCTUATE  half of the reviews given an f all mentioned how the hate anderson and resident evil       sounds like a conspiracy to me  i think this movies plot line is to advanced for any viewer who says hey lets go to this movie tonight and they get lost and say this movie f**king sucks  i think that thanks to darkness and this website and the backstory that has been revealed on this site from all the news and discussions will definitely allow us to better enjoy and review the movie  hey darkness i agree put up a review section if you could  for you sake haha

flonge

flonge

62% have voted 10/10 in imdb, isn't that good news?

pred-maniac

pred-maniac

TODAYS THE DAY I COULD HARDLY SLEEP!!!! THIS IS CRAZY TODAY AVP IS GONNA COME OUT

PREDATOR

PREDATOR

I'm going to see the movie today at 1:05 and I'll post reveiw of the movie on this site. I have my douts and hopes for this film, one rottentomatoes.com gave the movie a 13 of a 100, but I'm a huge fan of Predator and I'll problaly find it to excellent and fun.

Arabian Night

Arabian Night

well I finally saw the movie,  I enjoyed it but flet it could have been alot better, some of the thing the predator did was just wrong, and a REAL pred would never do, the fights are amazing and is really what saved the movie for me.

AJ

AJ

oh my god the movie sucked if your a true predator fan by heart, i dont give a damn about the aliens that much, the movie, besides the awesome special effects , wasnt all that good.

pred-maniac

pred-maniac

your kidding me AJ im a true predator fan i like alien not as much as predator though. I'll have to see it my self

Neocharge

Neocharge

Can't wait to see it regardless of what everyone else says. Hope it doesnt suck.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed