AvP - A New World Vision

Started by Darkness, Jul 14, 2004, 02:08:34 PM

Author
AvP - A New World Vision (Read 16,739 times)

Cetanu

Cetanu

Well said Pvt Hudson, bravo buddy! Anything you hear is nothing but a load of BS until it shows up on the official site or you hear it from Paul Anderson himself. Also, all you critical bastards, insulting the music, jeez, how low can you go. All of you dont have a clue, take a look at the freakin title, its AvP "Alien vs Predator", not "The Acting Needs to be Oscar Worthy" or how close to Beethoven quality is the music. No! This is all about the Aliens and the Predators! Nothing else! Who gives a ____ if the lines are cheesy, the only thing the actors need to do is look convincingly scared out of their minds, I mean c'mon, that's the only reason humans are in this thing, to make good hosts, scream their heads off and fire blindly only to hit nothing. This is all about Alien and Predator thrown downs people, nothing more. The only reason Paul Anderson is devoting at least the opening 45 minutes to the human expedition team is because he's doing the right and respectful thing, paying a tribute of his own to the three greatest sci - fi films of all time Predator, Alien and Aliens by doing his best to try a recreate their style and overall mood and incorperate that into AvP. All of you punks who dare to try and insult AvP or Paul Anderson better do your damn homework before you post anything bad again, or you're just gonna get embarassed by me, I'll send you home crying. This is a fan site, you got something negative to say, get outta here on your own or I'm sending you elsewhere with your tail between your legs! Go AvP! Way to go Paul Anderson for having the guts and a great vision to finally put our 'dream' movie on the big screen!

C'mon Bringer of Death. I'm not denying that each Predator in those movies was completely unique and independent from the other in terms of armor and equipment, but, all of those Predators were blooded, only the 'blooded' Yautja care about looking distinguished, but the teen Yautja in this movie are just trying to fight for their lives, so I doubt that they will want to worry about stylish body armor and wrist gauntlets, they're just wanting to make it back home in one piece with an Alien skull.

admiral max

admiral max

:)  hi im new cant bloody wait for this film.nice informative feature as well.if this film turns out to be crap i will still like it alien and predators fighting in a pyramid sounds cool to me.also that predator who looks like hes the guy in charge was in predator 2 if you remember at the end when those predators decloak at the end one of them looks exactly like the mask hes wairing.please give me a comment

Cetanu

Cetanu

Welcome 'admiral max' absolutely love it when a 'fan' shows up to post. And yes, you're right about Celtic looking a lot alike one of the Yautja in the Predator Clan at the end of Predator 2. The only difference in the mask is, in Predator 2, that Yautja's snout motif was pointed more forward than Celtic's mask, his are pointed nearly straight down. Can you kind've visualize that bud, or did I just suck at that description. Nevermind, anyhow, welcome to the site, believe me, you wont find a better quality site for AvP than this one!

Predgirl

Predgirl

Well I thought the fourth one was ok.  It was kind of short thought unlike the other ones.  Just can't wait though.

Bringer of death

Bringer of death

Cetanu, now please dont tell me your getting your  'blooded' info from the books cause comon thats not realy reliable stuff, and for the preds not caring about haveing different armor than why the hell would they have different helmets then smarty   ;)   that pretty much contradicts everything you just said.Now i know anderson made the maskd differ so there distinguishable between each other but he should have done it head to toe, they would have looked so much cooler thatn they already do, I dont know I pick out things like this because im an artist and like all artist we nitpick over little things like that.I know when i draw a group of preds i try and give them as different and and a wide diversity of armor to distinguish one from the other, because face it we dont all wear the same outfit right? , so why should they..Also whos to say all the preds at the end of Pred 2 were your so called 'blooded' anyway, I didnt see any distinguished( man i like this word ) markings ( scars lightning bolt) on any of there helmets..True most had unique designs worked into the helmets but  nothing like scars markings, so that ruins your blooded theory of all of them .   ;D   Also , welcome to this kick ass site there admiral max, and to add to Centanus answer another differenc between the 2s masks is that the 'Celtic' pred in avp has a smooth top of the helmet but the one in pred 2 has grooves and some design of the top of his.

Cetanu

Cetanu

Bringer, like I said, they dont care about armor, but helmets aren't armor man, they're totally different in purpose and function. Besides, the Preds aren't choosing the way the look, Paul Anderson is doing that for them but, I'm just defending his decision to give them nearly identical armor, but hell I'm glad they have different helmets, cause all of em' look great!

Nidza

Nidza

I dont have sound in this one... All other trailers that i downloaded have sound.  I am opening it with quicktime(what else). Any hint what might it be?

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

What if the armor is purely ceremonial? Then the lack of differences wouldn't matter; they're armored because they're going against Aliens. I doubt this similar armor is worn normally by them. Hell, even the Elder is wearing nearly identical armor. They have those sandals and everything, perfect attire for the situation at hand. What differences there are in decorations (like skulls and stuff) the masks don't need to be the same as the armor, because they merely distinguish who's who. Like knights going into battle. "We're in the middle of a war."  Hell, even the "regular" Predators in the second movie at the end, on the spaceship, had most of the same stuff on -- but again, some of the masks are the differentiating factor. The Elder is the exception since they piled lots of stuff on him, but the others on the spaceship have about the same limits as the Predators in this movie, the armor just makes these one's stand out more.

Los Angeles Artist

Los Angeles Artist

Hey Bringer of Death, as an artist that worked on the film you have to understand one thing about design and fabrication for multiple characters... a BUDGET. I hope that you understand that PA has no real control, the production company does. THey hold the wallet full of money. Directors of his caliber don't really have much control say like STEVEN SPIELBERG. You know?

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

THESE TEEN PREDATORS ARE LEFT TO THEMSELVES TO EQUIP THEMSELVES AS THEY SEE FIT    SOME CHOOSE A NET GUN YET SOME CHOOSE A LONGER SERATED BLADE, SAME AS OUT USA SOLDIERS, AS CHOOSING WHAT THEY WANT TO WEAR IN THE FIELD, LIKE STICKERS AND DECORATIONS ON THEIR HELMETS AND GUNS,  WHICH IS MUCH LIKE THE PREDATORS MASKS, AND OR THE TINY SKULLS THEY WEAR ON THEIR BODY HEAT NET

Aliminator

Aliminator

also, they are pretty big for teen preds.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

the truth is that i dont give a f___k if paul has the guts to do this movie,i dont care is paul is doing this movie for the fans,IT NEEDS to be a well done film like the others and it needs to be good enough for the fans,Paul has taken this project in his hands and has put himself in a postion where his efforsts need to mesure up to the past films and people need to wake UP! and see that paul f**ked up resident evil and f**ked up soldier 2 very great stories that where larger and better than what we saw with our own two eyes, I give paul credit for doing mortal kombat that was a good film i give credit for paul for doing event herizon that was a great scary film,but paul can not afford to mess up this film.Paul has put alot of pressure onto himself for taken on this project and needs to live up in what he said he was going to do, what pisses me off about paul is that hes TALented and very smart he always has the right idea,but he make careless small mistakes that costs the film big time! small mistakes can be very dangerous to a film, my problem is that paul needs to stop working on big! important projects like avp and resident evil ect, because of those small mistakes he makes on his films, he has the right idea always but sometimes he doesnt use  all of the tools to do the best possible job. From what i saw in the trailers the movie looks F---king great,but alot of dir want you to think that to fool you into going to see a bad movie to take your money,people hollywood is not what you think it is, i got my diploma at the NYC film acdy for 4 years as student film maker,i met some big time people that work in hoolywoods action films like lord of the rings,and people you need to understand that alot of guys like FOX entertainment dont give a f---k about the fans and they will force the dir to change curtain things that alot of the fans really really want to see,and sometime the dir himself turn into the same type of person where they just "want to make money", its there job to make you want to see a bad or good film that they did, the movie looks good,the aliens look great,the preds look differrent and better, that doesnt mean shit!, Paul will make you want to see his film,hes going to say its a great movie,hes going to say al of those things you want to hear,they might be true the book might be true but people you needs to realize that hollywood is a business,alot of people think is a world of art /talent, its not like that is just ends up being that because the right people and the right crews have money to give to the art and to the dir. I love avp game i loved the movies and i really want avp to be great but realize that dir and producers still are guys that want to make money just remember that dont be so fast on defending paul guys. Dont get me wrong pauls not a bad person but he wants you to see his movie.....at all costs even your as a great loving avp. DO not think you know it all people....hollywood doesnt give F__k about the fans they care about making money and alot of dirs and producers are the same,but its only the good dir that know how to do both,both for the fan for the art and for money. dont be fooled thats all guys   8)  

Lurker

Lurker

Hey Los Angeles Artist, assuming you work/worked for ADI, here's a few Q's  1) Do all the Pred's have the same inner jaw structure as seen in the previous Fangoria mag (top gums filled with teeth)? 2) Did one guy (Ian Whyte) play all the preds? 3) Is ADI a shoe-in for AVP2? 4) Could you tell just from working on your bit on the film how the end product will end up?  ie. are we gonna get an Aliens, or are we gonna get Congo?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Your probably right about the budget theory there Los Angeles Artist, but are also saying you worked on this avp film or are you just stating in general that the artists on the avp movie had alimited budget thus sticking with all the same armor designs?.Im not putting down the designs guys im just saying i wish they were all alittle more diverse and unique with the armor designing in the movie for the preds thats all, so before you come up with all these pointless defence remarks twards my comment realize you defending absolutly nothing, I mean your getting the wrong idea.I didnt say the armor sucks or that i hate it or shilt like that im just saying they shouldnt have stoped at the helmets to distinguish one from the other thats all.And Saint Sinner when i posted my comment I just finished watching the end scene in pred 2 in the space ship with all the preds and your wrong almost all of them had different armor from the other, sure they all had shoulder pads, chest guards/body armor, gauntlets and leg armor but they were all pretty differently disigned especialy there helmets, I can honestly say almost everyone of em had a different mask design.But you do make an interesting point on the armor mabey being serimonial so they have a certain design for what they are to wear to the man hood ritual, or Los Angeles Artist could be right in that its as simple as them not having enough money to go all out and make totaly different casts for each preds armor.I guess Anderson is the only one who can answer this one guys, so if you guys have downloaded the are infact able to ask anderson questions every monday than mabey this topic should be brought up because its an interesting question to be asked as well as the rating, why he used the Resurection alien design when he blatenly said hes using the giger/scott design as a big influence( wich is not the case unless you use , painting the alien black like the original does the answer justice, i dont think it does) , how long is the film, and is there a sequel in mind?

Terhou

Terhou

I do like the other featurettes but this just no good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed