AvP Rated R on E! Programme

Started by Darkness, Jul 19, 2004, 12:32:41 AM

Author
AvP Rated R on E! Programme (Read 14,103 times)

big big fan

big big fan

Well i bet if the movies R they will put in all the blood parts to make the movie really good.

TheStorm

TheStorm

No movie any more is rated quickly. Changes are made up to the last minute, the MPAA will not rate it until the movie is 100% complete, including all the music as well.   Collateral just got rated R. So I would say next week or so something would turn up.  But the fact of it is E! is very reliable, and I trust them over all other sources so far. I mean come on it's Predator and Alien. Jeez.

Variable

Variable

This is GREAT. If ths thing is for real then the battle is won. I know E! is reliable. I dont watch it but I hear things. Lets go R! Also who said PA went off on Fox? Why would he say f**k you to the producers and all those other guys? Some of you take rumor and blow it all out of proportion. Dont make shit up.

Fallen_Guard

Fallen_Guard

lol i have to agree with you all that an R rating would be wicked kuz i love nothin more then seeing some poor guys intestines hangin out and i would really like to see a pred gut some guy like a fish or somethin lol.. but i'm only 17.. so you see my dilema    ???  

avp fan

avp fan

Guys, last nite i stayed up till two in the morning and watched coming attractions on E!. They showed the trailer at the end of the show and then that was it. Te aldy said these are the cast members and it comes out august 13th. The hostess was named Kristin Veitch and she did not say anything at all about the rating, so this kinda worries me.

CelticPredator

CelticPredator

what show was this, right now i am whatching a news show on e! now. is that it?

Predgirl

Predgirl

Hey I watched the Coming attractions too and no rating was mentioned on E!.  I remember when they had the guy hosting they used to have the ratings, but I guess not anymore.  Don't give up hope yet it should be shown soon on the main site anyway.  Anyway E! is a pretty reliable source for tv so don't give up hope just yet.

Growler

Growler

INFORMATION::  E! is very relieable, I agree.  However, nothing's been confirmed on their website yet www.eonline.com  The only thing mentioned about AvP was in article dated back July 15th 2002, the very article i stumbled upon that proved a dream come true... AVP the movie.  It was also the time when i had doubts in Anderson for this project.  Amazing how trailers, featurettes and Darkness's commitment to keep us informed on the movie's progress can change my attitude.  Especially the discovery of the fact Anderson is doing this out of passion and not profit and assembeling a production crew who are all Alien and Predator fans themselves.  Even the damn composer is a fan.   Anyways, the rated R information is coming from messege boards and forums on other sites.  So being that it's all word of mouth, it really can't be confirmed.  I'm not trying to soot down those people who said it was rated R, nor am I trying to shoot down our hopes.  I personally can't trust everything i read online, unless of course there's proof to back it up.  Keep your eyes open, AVP trailers with ratings are going to be popping up.  Maybe E! online will have an updated AvP article.  Maybe one of you loyal fans will find some confirmation somewhere.  If I ever do, you know I'll dish it out to you on a platinum platter... i'll even let you keep the platter.  Pvt Hudson:: you the man.

Predgirl

Predgirl

I checked the site that shakermaker psoted and its says rated R there.  To me it looks like a good site to trust and professional looking too.  Also has the other sites like the MPPA  thing on there, but I;m waitng until its offical on the main site.

thebiggestpigme

thebiggestpigme

ive seen E! plenty of times and at first i aggreed that its too big and its above posting horse shit. But then I read the titan ScFi Channel recently staged a part fake documentary on M. Night shaymilon (I dont know how to spell his name) where supposidly that figured out some dark and hateful secreat he had bottled up and he even has had cronies steal coppies of the interview. But the day before it aried they said they lied and it was just a normal interview and the whole thing about "the buried secreat" was all a big stunt to get ratings. Although the r rating thing isnt quite as big, no big time progam is above diving into the unofficial and sometime the downright rong, just to fill the timeslot.

avp fan

avp fan

;D  i am watching espn, a big sports network here in the u.s., and tv advertising for the movie has begun. I mean every time there is a commercial u see a 15-20 second preview of avp. The film still says, not yet rated. Fox is definitely advertising though, and a lot.

ALIEN WARRIOR

ALIEN WARRIOR

OH YES. PRAISE THE LORD THAT AVP IS GONNA BE RATED R WITH GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND STRONG LANGUAGE!!!! I KNEW IT WOULD BE RATED R BECAUSE THATS THE SAME KIND OF SHIT RUMOR I HEARD FOR THE REMAKE OF DAWN OF THE DEAD TO BE RATED PG-13 AND IT BECAME RATED R WITH GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND LANGUAGE. YOU CANT MAKE AVP INTO A PG-13 MOVIE WITH THE 2 GREATEST HORROR MONSTERS OF ALL TIME!!!!

hudson

hudson

hey ppl ive said this b4 but if its not r im not seeing it and its gunna b beta if its r cuz then there will be more scares, blood, swears, violence and gore so if its r i think it will make alot more money too

Growler

Growler

to Cookies::  Just to let you know, the reason why we're not shown any gore yet with all the featurettes and what not is simply because they are not permitted to show it.  The MPAA governs what can be shown to the public eye when it has to do with movies.  The fact is, anyone of any age has access to the featurrettes and all AVP publicity.  Which is why Darkness pointed out many months ago that a certain photo revealing dead bodies in an Alien hive was removed from the official AVP site.  They don't know who's watching, so they keep it clean just in case.  When the R rating is official (which obviously the theaters will help the MPAA in controlling who sees the content), then you bet your ass there'll be gore, my kind of language, and everything that will make this movie great.

J

J

Hey peeps, I personally want to believe it but am just not sure. First we hear that the movie will be rated PG-13 ( and that FOX were already planning to do this from the start). Then now we hear it is in fact R rated.  Until we see something more contret, I say folks lets not get to excited.   :-\  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed