Paul Anderson Q&A on XD

Started by Darkness, Jul 20, 2004, 12:02:01 AM

Author
Paul Anderson Q&A on XD (Read 9,274 times)

G-Dog

G-Dog

I preferered the 1st version that they had with Alien 3. This is the version that has the cow scene in it instead of the damn dog, the "uncut" version in the quadrilogy. After seeing that version, I actually liked 3 a lot more. About the queen been bigger than a t-rex!!!?? are you f___ing serious?  J, I take this book being the same movie novel that ElTiburon was talking about the other day?? I got to find this mother....... book.

Alien Emperor

Alien Emperor

OK the ALien desgin rules adn the Queen is not bigger than a T-rex, i hope so

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Hell Alien actualy bud im right about them using the actual 'aliens ' queen head from the aliens from the now owner Bob Burns, this guy has so much amazing stuff from the alien movies it blows my mind.You can see all his stuff if you own the Alien Quadrilogy and watch the last features disc. Now Anderson and crew just the added plaster and stuff to add scarring and wounds on the head piece, but they re - created the body to resemble what Cammeron originaly had designed for her.  Darkness I was wondering if you would post for us which of our questions your using and mabey whos they are.  Again Hell alien , man the aliens in avp are almost exactly the same as resurection except they have new hands straight legs black color.The head is the same mabey the inner jaws are alittle diff , the shity looking shoulders are the same, the ribs r the same, the tubes on there backs r the same and the tails r the same.  I do aggree with Jand G-dog man you guys r  totaly right they should have put all three types of the aliens in this film, the drones from alien 1 the warriors from aliens and have a 'runner' like in alien 3 or even to have recreated a new alien design from this one.

J

J

I got a question for all you IF there was a number 5, who do you think WOULD be suitable to direct the next alien movie ( and not the obivous 2)  PLUS : are Weyland and Yuntani the same person or separate people, ( am confused)    ???  

J

J

I would pick Danny Bole ( some would say NNOO but I think he would be quite compitant)

G-Dog

G-Dog

Oh yeah, about the director............... John Woo!!!!!!!!! or David Fincher!!!!!!!!!!!!  Just kidding people!!!    ???   God if that happened..........

Variable

Variable

Yes I agree with the multiple alien types. That would be cool. Be interesting to.  Hey J I would like to see Bryan Singer direct it. He has a "zaz" to his movies which realy fix's up a movie.Yea.

J

J

Nice Variable, Bryan Singer has that level of action, but could he deliver terror? apart from X-men I've not seen enough of his films to give a proper comment.( still cool idea)  HA! HA! HA! G-Dog , your a joker my man,  John Woo's good, BUT AN ALIEN MOVIE???   saying that though, his going to direct a metroid movie ( fell in love with the game) so he could easily deliver.

papercrouton

papercrouton

IRT J...  Danny Boyle was originally in the running for directing Alien: Resurrection, but dropped out for one reason or another (unfortunately).  And for all of you wondering why Fincher didn't take part in the Quadrilogy, you'd understand if you knew half the crap he put up with from Fox while making Alien3.  He quit before post-production began and disowned the film (but due to some court settlement he's still credited as the director.  Rumour has it he was even pushing for an Alan Smithee credit).  In fact, he doesn't even acknowlege that he had anything to do with it anymore.  He considers his first feature film to be Seven.  Here's something he said that I think sums it up nicely: "A lot of people hate Alien3, but no one hates it more than I do."

J

J

Shame that    :-\   but I don't think that he should ignore this film, it is infact really good, and MUCH darker than the 1st movie,( the dog seen was abit disturbing, and newt's death had up set afew people, BUT STILL MEZMORISING TO WATCH!!).  O, and can ANYONE answer my question on Weyland and Yutani? ( no. 81)   :D  

papercrouton

papercrouton

It is a shame, I'm quite fond of Alien3 as well.  And Weyland and Yutani are separate people.  I don't think AvP will go into any detail on Yutani, but I believe he (or maybe she?) is the head of a rival Japanese company that later merges with Weyland Industries in the future.

Growler

Growler

For an Alien 5, Predator 3, or even AvP future director, I'd personally go with  Guillermo Del Toro (Blade 2)  or  Antone Fuqua (Tears of the Sun)  They both know action, and they both are not affraid to get gorey.  Their differences, Del Toro seems to go along with a comic book vision to his films that's far from cheesey.  Antone would go for a more realistic feel.  Having the most accurate marine proceedures and combat action.  I'm just curious how they would portray any of the 3 franchises.  I highly doubt that it would be anything close to bad.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

Hey bringer, about the queens head, i still think thats its lil different from the Aliens one. Look at it when she breaks free, you see that there is some new designs on the crown. The head itself is the same. but the crown is different. And about the aliens, true they r mostly AR design, but again with more differences that you say. Like the tail is not the same, it doesnt have that fish look like in AR. Its more like in Aliens. And the head is not exactly the same. The mouth is kinda smaller and the aliens doesnt seems to have that big chin they had in AR. the waist seems different too. I might be wrong, but they made some lil modifycations here and there. Anyway you might be right there bro but im sure that i have some points here   ;)    and for the directors thing. Quentin Tarantino all the way man!!!! you want gore, HERES YOUR GORE!!!    8)     ;D   Eh eh, nah seriously, for P3, i would put the same who did P1, i forgot his name sorry. But he did a damn good job. As for A5, i really dunno. There is not alot of directors that can deliver for that kind of movie. Ridley, James, Spielberg maybe      lol, but who knows he might do something good.    :D   and fuqua seem indeed a good choice, but could he bring the horror in it? action is great but we need horror too.  And J, Weylan and yutani r indeed 2 diff ppl, its a conjoint company. Yutani must be helping Weyland as for the technology is concerned. Japanese or chinese r very far in technology. They invented the first walkin robots. So since weyland is so much in robotics, its no surprise that a japanese/chinese company is there with him. And the weapons r never real far when you talk about techs. So...   :D  

papercrouton

papercrouton

Bringer of Death, I\'d like to know where you read that they\'re reusing the Queen\'s head from Aliens.  It\'s my understanding that PA constructed a totally new and slightly redesigned Queen.  As far as I know, the Queen\'s head was only reused once, and that was for Alien: Resurrection (as mentioned in the Bob Burns documentary).  Perhaps you got your information mixed up?

Growler

Growler

A Penguin Alien? Are you serious?  Dude... lol  Well why not a Hampster Alien?  What if in Aliens, they captured the hampster Hudson found in the movie, caccooned it, and now you've got a little miniature alien.  All it wants to do is take little bites of people and run around on the wheel.  or better yet....  how about....   NOT!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed