Sigourney Weaver on AvP/Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Jul 21, 2004, 06:05:29 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP/Alien 5 (Read 17,926 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Sigourney Weaver has once again shown her feelings on Alien vs Predator and what the future holds for Alien 5. Speaking to Sci-Fi Wire today, she said she specifically ‘avoided’ any involvement in AvP:

“Ridley Scott and I have talked about doing a movie where we’d go back to the original planet and get rid of them once and for all. I’m not sure where my allegiances would lie, but that would be the main reason why I’d be curious to go back and sort of see inside of Ripley who would win. We’ve got to do this… We haven’t compromised it. I really did die [in Alien 3] to avoid any contact with Alien vs. Predator. That was why I disappeared after the third one, because I’d heard that was an idea.”

If she really did die, why didn’t she just leave it there instead of coming back to do Alien Resurrection and we all know what a waste of time that was. Thanks to AvPWorld for the news.

Hicks

Hicks

yeah i got credit.   d did u just credit that image for this post?

SHURIKEN

SHURIKEN

first post  well maybe the clone ripley could head back after being confronted by the united states or whatever it is in ar and go back to the planet once again with colonial marines

Growler

Growler

Well, all i want to say is i hope Alien 5 would be her last Alien movie.  She's already been in 4 of them, it's getting kind of old.  And... so is she

Hicks

Hicks

i hated alien 4 for the new ripley character

ALIEN WARRIOR

ALIEN WARRIOR

i do hope that Sigourney Weaver do another Alien movie i love to see where her loyalites lie with either human or alien. love to see them go back to the orginal planet where the space jockey race created the aliens. i like for the alien movies to end on an even number like maybe alien 6 but kinda like it to end at 10 but i doubt that. i also like to see another predator movie with a new actor inplace of arnold since he's the governor of california. i wish ripley could be in an AVP movie that would be a cool idea but i can understand why Sigourney Weaver didnt want to play in AVP. i hope either Ridley Scott or James Camerson does the last 2 alien movies because those two guys are the best directors but David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet they did a good job on the last 2 alien movies. i just hope that Paul Anderson does a great job on Alien vs Predator.    8)     ;D     :)  

I HATE SIGOURNEY SHES A  priss

Hicks

Hicks

i agree i want her to die in first 5 mins!

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

I think, that when your making a sequal to a bad movie, such as alien ressurection, you have to make the bad movie look good, as well as the sequal look good. but there could be tons of ways that these franchises could go.  -Im sort of getting sick of segorney weaver, I think we could have a diffrent story in the future, with a diffrent lead character, on say, a space pleasure cruiser or somthing, or somthing that we havent seen before.  -This could be done as a sequal or prequal (it would have ripley in it if it is a sequal) A trip to the aliens homeworld, to discover whether the space jockys created them, or if they space jockys just breeded them.  -Alien vs. Predator could have an Aliens vs. Predator movie series too, Alien vs. Predator movies would take place modern day, and Aliens vs. Predator would be in the future, in the Aliens universe.  -Predator 3 could go somewhere really new, like in the old west, or the predator could be hunting an indian tribe, or it could be in midevil times, I want the third predator movie to take place some where in the past, hell, it could even be in World War 2.

Det Pak

Det Pak

Imagine WW2 Europe 1944 The Americans and Germans are battling across France..and The Predators arrive for a hunt,now an uneasy alliance  between the Axis and Allies must be made to fight off a new enemy..hunting them both!

predalienstrike.

predalienstrike.

I personally Like the idea of a new alien. I want to see the homeplanet of the Aliens and the Spacejockeys. And for the ripley part.She sould be in it but not for long. And indeed needs a new leading person.  AdamJZ What about this idea. A group of people are taken to the homeworld of the predators. And are in captivity so the predators can study them and use them as bait for their huntings. Or just release them in the wild and hunt om them. And the humans need to find a way to escape.  Or a movie just predator based on the homeworld. And that their after a bad blood and try to hunt it down.  What do you think of that idea?

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

it be good, but I think that Idea could be improved upon a bit, into various ideas.  -No humans, say, the story of a young predator on a quest to be blooded might be cool.  -AVP2-could be a prequal to AVP, and be about the ancient culture that worshiped the predators, and about the sacrifices of the cultures young women, (in the AVP trailer you see live bodes in white robes on the sacrificial beds, they are all female if you look) and then AVP3 could be continuing the story of Lex.  -or, like in your idea above, the predators, could sabatage a human ship, and use the humans for hosts for the aliens, or to study i guess, yeah your idea might work, for a good AVP movie.

SENTINEL

SENTINEL

sigourney has just lost all of my respect how could you not want to see avp or have it made, the idea of avp is alot greater and bigger  than the first alien films that came out,AVP is lager than life! and thats the truth if alien 5 came the same time AVP came out i would watch AVP HANDS DOWN !  >:D   ooohh yeah and my fav james cmaron which is my fav director,HE also thinks that AVP is a stupd idea and a waste ARE YOU OUT OF F___KING MIND avp if you have the write dir dong it,can be 10x as better than the first alien and predator film put together! james camron YOU F__ING SUCK! man i dont know why darkness had to post that news for us that new did nothing but piss me off."i died in alien 3 so i can stay away from AVP' bitch dont flatter yourself who said you would be in the Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!

iamchip

iamchip

SENTINEL I agree with everything you said. sigourney weaver sucks.

Hell Alien

Hell Alien

the thing why they both refuses to hear about avp, is becuz they were afraid that it could kill the alien horror side. It would put them to the rank of simple action aliens, no horror, no surprise. I dont remember where but i know that cameron said that short after he has done titanic. The interview was longer but i didnt listen to it all. He talked about what a dumb idea it would be to put those 2 together.   Im not angry at him knowing what kind of person he is. You see that in the quadrilogy. When something is not like he want, he doesnt love it at all. So for that i wont get angry at him, he done the best sequel of all time. And of curse, these two never knew what the script was so they might had think that it was simply a showdown nothing more.  About Sigourney, i dont know what to think. Why gettin kill then come back? I love her for what she had bring to the movie industry, but i dont understand her descision. I would love to see 1 LAST TIME in A5. Like sacrificing herself to save the human race or something. Like activating the nuclear bomb that will put an end to this.   Or why wont the aliens win???  could be fun, like the empress or whatsoever kill Ripley then the earth is next. Could make an alien 6 WITHOUT ripley. the last one. Like the earth could get destroyed by the aliens. Nothing after that.   Anyway, It was a dumb move from Sigourney's part thats all. And i dont blame Cameron. He is the best in today's industry. In a way, I was afraid too when i heard about avp, about the aliens and all. We were with aliens in the dark, frightening and all. I was afraid too that it would turn to a simple showdown. Wich doesnt seem to be the case so far.   So if Sig want to say shit of avp, fine let her. But i dont recommend her to come to this site afterward.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed