New AvP Production Still

Started by Darkness, May 02, 2004, 07:55:28 PM

Author
New AvP Production Still (Read 25,183 times)

Bringer of death

Bringer of death

Heres a couple of pics of what the new refresh line of Alien and Pred toys will look like from Mcfarlane in June.Not bad at least this time hes useing the actual posters for packaging.   ;)    http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=mfnews2.setup&category =mcfarlane&topic=1&show_article=771

Darkness

Darkness

I made them smaller because I prefer to link to images held on someone else\'s server. In this case, I\'m sure you\'ve submitted them to PlanetAvP, and when they put them up, I\'ll link to those images on their server. Although I\'m sure the PlanetAvP versions will be the same size as the ones I did. It just cleans up the directory by not having unnecessary high file-size files in there.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Huh, all righty then, I'm not pissed of or nothin i was just curious why they got smaller that s all.So keep up the good work on this site.I send my stuff to you guys first anyways but i also send it to ther site 2 because your sites have the best fan art sections.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ Darkness, oh ya , why are the pics I send you to big or somrthing?

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

Hey guys, since there appears to be a huge debate going on over Anderson's decision to make the Hybrid neutral, I am here to defend that decision by him, not only is it a stroke of genius on Anderson's part, but scientifically it is very logical and justified. When a Facehugger inpregnates the Predator with the Xenomorph embryo, its been stated on more than one occassion that the embryo will absorb and implement some its hosts own DNA into its structure so as to diguise its foreign tissue from being destroyed by the hosts immune system. Think about it, when the xenomorph does this, it will obtain the same instincts of a Predator, which include the natural urge to want to hunt and kill Aliens. However, of course its own natural DNA will be dominant, but with the instinct of a Predator making up its genetic structure, it will naturally make it want to hunt and kill both Aliens and other Predators. If this explanation wasn't detailed enough for ya'll, just let me know and I'll tell you more!

Legend Killer

Legend Killer

I think we all get what he means by it but based on that why don't the human ones like the marines from aliens want to kill aliens too. Basically why is it only like that for a predator

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

LOL, good question buddy, but sorry to say I do have an answer for it. Once again, when a xenomorph inpregnates a human being, it will steal the genes from that host. Humans, unlike the Predators, aren't born with a gene that instinctually makes them want to track down and kill aliens which is why a xenomorph that hatches from a human does not behave in that way. Besides, Predators and Aliens have a shared evolution. Both races have evolved to try and counter the other, for example, the majority of the Predators hunt with an IR helmet vision, to counter this, the Alien hive has a temperature of 98 degrees Farenheit while the core body of the Alien is 46.6 degrees Farenheit, with all of the heat swirling around in the hive, it would definately obscure an IR vision filter and make it harder for them to detect the cold bodied aliens. Predators were born to kill Aliens, which would make an alien that resides inside of it have a better chance of integrating that gene.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Um......brianjrmav2r......I dont know were you came up with all of that but do you do scientific analysis's in alien hives and do autopsies on alien bodies to get there body heat information and the temp inside of the hive? of coarse you don't because there not real and it's pretty funny  to read these proclamations and hypothesis's about this stuff.But you saying that the heat in the hive affects the infared heat vision of the Preds is your only legit statement iff infact the hive itself is indeed hot.The only reason it was in Aliens was because the hive was built on and in the heating/cooling reacters section of the complex thus causing it to be like and incubated breeding ground.Now in the first Alien when Kane went down into the ship where all the eggs were it looked pretty cold causing all the mist and steam given off by the warmth of the eggs possibly to be visible.But hay you could be right since everyone has there own opinion but I just dont really aggree with you on those topics and I'm not trying to dis you or nothin like that so dont take what i said the wrong way.

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

LOL, naaaah, it would be quite impossible for me to analyze that stuff, your right, its just info off several sites that seemed very knowledgable so...that's all. Anyhow, about Kane's descension into the chamber with eggs, it was hot in there already, because Kane himself said "It's hot as a jungle in here". It's a very neat theory you have about how the complex affected to Hive, but I truly believe that the Aliens create a Hive that is always warm so as to ensure the survival of the eggs, they need warmth for incubation, and I'm sure not all of their nests are built in heating/cooling reactors, but in all kinds of environments on foreign planets, so, I believe that the Hive is constructed to always be warm.

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

Sorry in his exact words, what Kane says about the Hive in the first one when he's being lowered down is "I dont know, but its like the goddamn tropics in here." So...I hope that helps to confirm that all Hives, not just the one built on the heating/cooling reactors are always warm.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

hello all- my deepest apologies that ive not been writing- women trouble- they are only good for breaking hearts.  i was told the trailer will most likely be out with the day after tomorrow- i cant be sure however, it does make sense to bring it out with this movie though right?- i havent seen the final cut of the movie- ive only seen the rough cut of it. i dont know how long the final cut will be.  Brianjrmav24- i dont know, ill ask them if you want - i doubt they will come in direct contact with him although my cousin has met him twice- ill see, and ill let you know when i can pal  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat.............- real pred

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

Thanks again Real Pred for offering to help grant such an extreme favor as that. Just whenever you get to it, just when its convenient buddy. I'm asking a lot, I know, so if it doesn't work out, its cool, I'm in debted to you for at least trying. Thanks!

Vito

Vito

hey Real Predator, welcome back! yes it would make sense to have the trailer attached to The Day After Tomorrow, i just fear that cuz its an R rated movie, with a trailer probably containing gruesome images.. that they won't show it before TDAT which is PG-13    ???    but if fox don't show it, they'll blow their last chance of giving AvP some REAL promoting before it hits the theaters.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

hey no problem- ill get on to him today at some stage if i can.  hey Vito- yeah your dead right- the promotion if the trailer was attached to the day after tomorrow would be huge. lets hope they do the right thing- im really excited about seeing everything finished because some of the scenes when i watched the movie werent even complete. i cant wait!!  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat.... -real pred

Series600

Series600

Getting back to the hybrid- I never knew anything about the comics, so I'm just going off logical thought.  I have read that some people don't like the idea that the Predalien will be fighting the Aliens.  It is simple, they are different species.  From different species of hosts, the Aliens produced will have different DNA structures.  Think about it like..... people at war.  Both sides are comprised of humans, but still killing one another.  Even if they are both technically Aliens, they are on different sides of the battle field.  Sure it will attack both Aliens and Predators- they are both considered enemies.  Only if the dog-alien in Alien 3 had been around human-aliens, and the two kinds worked together, would the Predalien in AVP be on the Alien's side, because that would be proof of how the species function together.  What Anderson will make of his Predalien will be our proof.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed