New AvP Production Still

Started by Darkness, May 02, 2004, 07:55:28 PM

Author
New AvP Production Still (Read 24,896 times)

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ REAL PREDATOR, glad to see your answering questions again, but I was wondering how u get your info, are u connected to Fox or is a family member or do you work for them?.Also I thought I read that u said the side arm blades retract in and out like the wrist blades do but couldnt find it, Yes or No?.And in Predator 1 when Arnie jumps of the waterfall and come a shore and crawls up to and onto the log, the Pred is there and slams his wrist blades down traping his neck in between.In that scene the blades seem to bend out wards to fit around Arnies neck then when retracting they straighten back to normal.I was wondering if there will be any of this kind of stuff shown in AVP or if you know what I'm talking about and have an answer.I just got done watching that movie 4 the 50th time and always thought that looked strange.Mabey there blades r flexable or there are 2 sets inside the wrist gauntlet, a wide set and the normal straight pair.The straight ones seem to be set in just the right width to slide down the sides of the human preys spine without damaging the spine and to cut the ribs away at presicely against the sides of the vertibrae.Also Real Pred you have seen the Red Pred vision in action and can confirm this?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Also Real Pred are u an American boy or what, Im Canadian and Its only 10:50 here and 3:50 in the UK or where ever this site is from.

Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Dude the whole cutting away at the spine thing was a bit much haha

Growler

Growler

to Bringer of Death:: I'll have to watch the dvd again (fortunbatley i brought it with me) but i think that scene with Arnold that you'r talking about, the predator blades are extended beyond how they're normal fighting extension.  I'm going on an uncertain memory here, but i believe when the blades were around Arnold's head, the blades kind of form an upside down "Y" where the two blades meet to a unifying center extension.  I could be wrong, it's been a while since i've watched Pred 1, but you're more than welcome to wath it a 5th time and prove me wrong.

mars396

mars396

Something I saw in Featurette 3 has me seriously concerned.  One of the actors playing a scientist said that the action will bring out "another side" of them when they start fighting. As Weylan is the world's foremost authority on robotics, will we find out that these security people are all androids ?????   God, I hope not.  IMO, AvP should have just "A"s and "P"s: no P/A hybrids and certainly no androids.  Is Anderson trying to jam too many things into this film ?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ Growler, thats exactly how I should have explained it an upside down kind of Y.Also your theory about them coming out farther than normal and thats why they widen sounds interesting, but im glad there are people who know what im talking about.It's not a big deal or anything i just though it looked kind of wierd so i brought it up.

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

BringerofDeath my friend, how be you!? i know the scene your talking about. there has never been an explaination given for this detail. i imagine the props for the movie were rendered to fit around arnies neck and the designers just hoped that no-one would notice it. there however no known explanation. i live in ireland, but i travel to the states quite alot. i have family members in fox, a cousin and an uncle, this is where i get my info, and im quite sure that some of the info im goving you will not be final,  but if it is, then well and good, but bare in mind the movie is being edited probably as we speak!!!!- however, what ive tild you will be on the DVD so either way, we'll see everything ive been banging on about for the past few weeks!!!! lol  the predators side (scythe) doesnt quite retract, it folds more than anything, its similar technology to the new death star, lightweight and VERY VERY sharp!!!!!!! lol  take care-  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat..........-real pred

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ Real Pred, about the 'scythe's I thought that each section  retracts in to the other, kind of like the combi stick.If thats what your describing sweet then if not could you explain a little more?also r u from Ireland? I'm half Irish/German so rock on and start bashin heads with your wee shillelagh.   ;)   I doubt many people will know what that is but you should.Oh Ya have you been confirmed that the trailer is comming out 4 sure on the 28th and with 'The day after tom.' ?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Heres a way better 2 PAGE info on the Pred game I STRONGLY SUGGEST ANY OF YOU TO READ IT RIGHT AWAY!.It talks about how you kill guys and what the Pred can do.I guess you can kill guys drag them up onto billboards then hang them upside down and skin them! awsome.Also if you've played Manhunt i'm guessing from what i read there are stealth kills in kill zones meaning if you sneak up on a guy you can kill him 3 diff ways ...Popping his head/skull and brains and blood fly every were, slit his neck and break his neck.They also talked about how agile the Pred is in that he can jump from telephone poll to poll and snipe guys and jump from roof to roof with ease.This is only half the stuff they talk about so do your self a favor and go read it.  http://xbox.ign.com/articles/515/515486p1.html  there u go so go read!   ;D  

Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Dude that game looks friggin SICK. I will def be pickin that up.Anyone know if the original predator dvd is gonna be re-released close to when avp comes out, as like a special edition?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ Legend Killer, hey man every were I look to see the release date for the Pred SE they say July 20/04 for $26.98 - 2 discs, and its got quite a bit of extras on it including the AVP trailer and sneak peak, outtakes and a little documentary thingy, heres a link to go to a good movie site I use..  http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocentsa87.html#prece  enjoy.    ;)  

Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Bringer of Death, thanks bud. I saw the dvd yesterday for like $10 and i almost caved but i figured one would be comin out close to avp so i held off.

brianjrmav24

brianjrmav24

Hey Real Predator, does your source at Fox studios have a way of contacting Paul Anderson?

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

@ Lengend Killa,I know killer, but ya you should wait until this little jem comes out.I already have Pred 1 but I will deff be picking up this one to.As i have both alien boxsets 2.Also have you ever seenTHE  ALIEN SAGA.?Its a documentary of all 4 films and has tons! of NEVER BEFORE seen crap on it with outtakes from all 4.Anyone who can find it I suggest you add it to your collection it is well worth the $25 i paid in canadian,wich is were i live but you guys may find it cheaper somwhere.Its also 1 hour and 10 min long, filled with awesome stuff I've never scene before and I am a die hard Alien/Pred fan.   ;)  

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

To anyone out there that likes to look at the fan art section, I sub,mited about4 or 5 or somthin that you guys should like.So if you like peoples artwork go check  these bad boys out here...  http://avpgalaxy.t35.com/artworkpredators.php  Although the to newer ones on the bottom are way to small, I wish they used the larger sizes i sent in because it takes away ALOT of details i worked pretty hard on making but none the less go check em outskees.    ;)  

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed