Sigourney Weaver on AvP

Started by Darkness, May 03, 2004, 10:21:23 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on AvP (Read 17,053 times)

Nightcrawler

Nightcrawler

predator is going to win all got that !!    >:D  

Predgirl

Predgirl

Wow everyone has an attitude problem.  Well to ajustin67 I know were you coming from, but don't base the movie here on the game that was a totally different concept.  This movie is based on the other movies ok.  I never seen Resident Evil or played the games, but I think this well be a good movie for what I'm seen and yes I'm 20 so band me out because I'm with the younger crowd.  When I was young I watched both movies Predator 1 and 2 I knew it was rated R I nobody stopped me.  Now if the kid was from 7 to like 12 or something no they should not watch this or unless with a parent or adult.  About the 5 teenage Preds well their nothing like us as teenagers they are part of a different culture for one different species ok.  They were raised to train as hunters not play XBOX or listen to music on CDs or go and play sports and hang out.  The Predators are a warrior race not like humans who spend time being a kid until adulthood.  I appreciate you concerned of the movie, but I 've been a fan since I don't know when so at least don't mad at people who are younger than us because you think its going to be a kids movie most movies are seen by teenagers and adults alike so don't hate. To Killer_Kakashi you got some good points out too for the movie.  To Bringer of Death just wondering did you get my email.

cobracommander

cobracommander

my expectations arent high but i hope im wrong + this film is good, i personally think the movie should have followed the novel, an exellent read.

cobracommander

cobracommander

and set well away from both movies

Rage

Rage

@JTrebat85:  Some of your points are ok but: THE JOCKEY SHOULD NEVER BE A SERVANT OF THE PREDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is absolutely Chickenshit!!! It would ruin the whole Alienmythos. Fox should go down to Hell if this happens. And all who wants to see this too!

Aliminator

Aliminator

damn right, kiler kakashi and predgirl!!! i love you both!!!   and ajustin6, if you gonna be disappointd, then don't watch then, and i can't wait to watch RE Apocalypse!!!!   :)    also, i bet that avp starts thousands years ago, like "the mummy", and then to present...OH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!! and who cares about the costume and originality..geez, single-minded, intolerant morons :"boohhoohoo...i gonna cry becasue the movie doesn't look oringinal..." geez, grow up!!!

Red_Beard

Red_Beard

I think that if Bishop Weyland is still alive at the end of the movie, it will actually help explain something that was kind of forgotten during Aliens.  In the movie Bishop seemed to become a bit akward after the alien species were found.  He was always studying the alien facehugger, and when ripley talked to him he seemed uneasy, like he knew something they didn't.  In the film I originally thought that this was to make the audience unsure if they could trust him or not.  But now it could be possible that Mr. Weyland had programed all of his robots to look for an alien species like the one he encountered in Alien vs. Predator.  Maybe?  Yes?  No?

dmac

dmac

i know people have a right to an opinion but it drives me mad as soon as any1 starts getting 'concerned' to quote some1 on this page.GET A LIFE and stop acting like an idiot. these pages now is just all about moaning and the same will happen after its been and gone, even if its the best film ever u r going to complain. it annoys the life out of me, dont know why they bothered to make this film when people moan like this? i cant wait and to put it better GREATFUL!!

Vekin

Vekin

Paul Anderson stated he is a big fan of the Alien and Predator films. He also said he has thought about making this film for years and also while he was in film school. So I think somebody this passionate about a movie knows the kind of style this movie should have. True his movies before have not been the best. But he probably has more motivation to do this film then any of the films he has done before.

JTrebat85

JTrebat85

well I not sure about this whole bishop being an android in ALIEN 3 because if he is suppose to be an android then why does he feel pain.  He leaned over and felt his ear.  This is all just a mistake its just going to confuse the average viewer.  If Anderson wants to make bishop an android he'd better clearify it CLEARLY.  I don't know how hes gonna do that when the film is suppose to take place in the past.  Why not just say hes a clone, or that they froze him before he died of cancer.

Predgirl

Predgirl

Awww thanks there Aliminator.  To dmac yeah your right about people moaning I'm not moaner really I usually keep it to myself.  My point is if you don't like what your seeing then don't watch its simple as that. To Vekin your right about Anderson he even said he wanted to make this movie before the concept came up.  I believe with all his knowledge possible he is doing his best to make this movie happen and work for us the fans. Also I like want he is doing and so what  he did some bad movies at least they were entertaining to watch at some points.  So please people just be happy there is an AVP movie to go watch.     ;)  

Aliminator

Aliminator

(giggle)   :D  i think predgirl likes me.... anyway, back to the topic: is space jockey really the creator of aliens? and why are we calling them "jockey"???

Jase

Jase

This movie will most certainly be shite. It capitalises on the franchise in order to pull some big bucks for the producers. The way I see it, Aliens went wrong as soon as they gave the project to Joss Whedon. I mean really... Who wants to see Ripley get it on with the alien Queen. What a pile of horseshit. And that baby hybrid one... for christs sake.  Predator 2 was also a pile of steaming horse dung. This new movie... well... My guess is that it will have some cool effects and a crap script. They may even have some rubbish nu-metal bands doing the soundtrack. If I hear system of down during this movie, I will throw my drink at the screen.  I really have nothing against this new movie, I will go and see it just like everyone else who loves aliens and predators. But seriously....  If this movie is actually good, then I promise I will punish my bad judgment by watching aliens 4 again and if

flonge

flonge

Jase: the music will be symphony... Anderson said so in one of the featurettes..  The only problem I have with this movie now is that anderson seems to be doing something similar to RE, which by the way was ok, wasn't bad, had potential to be a really good movie, but simply wasn't gory enough... or scary... Anyway Aliens and Predators are great creatures in movies because of their different skills, which are based on the coolest concept I've ever seen on film. But I feel the claustrofobic Antartica setting is redusing their playground. I mean a predator in the jungle uses 50 feet tall trees to hide, and so on... An alien in LV-426 uses the cool buildings with different levels, and ventilation complex and so on... But in this pyramid... I can't understand how the aliens and preds are going to be cool...  For instanse, why haven't we seen a cloacked predator on the previews... are they not using stealth... this would very dissapointing, since that is one of the predators trade mark to hunt, with stealth...  And the aliens how are they supposed to hide on walls and melt things when this happens in a pyramid,  * I hope they have a base or something...* And how big can this pyramid be? ... We'll probably never see a predator hunting from great distance...   Now when it comes to weyland it could simply be that he has made himself half machine/droid, and he simply bleeds red, this would explain A3 ending... and AVP if he survives...  After what I understood from featurette 3 I think there's going to be a team of droids with which are Weylands... now.. If the shooting scenes are going to be similar as RE then I will never forgive Anderson. Because that is the most boring action ever made, the shooting in RE. I mean , I think even RE fans agree with at least the shooting being a miss in RE. Anyway, the droids should have granedes and some different weapons... I saw a G36 in the featurette, but man why havn't he shown us some more details about the weapons or the tools of the droids, maybe some *prebeta motion detectors* some nightvision..? flashlights, helmets, bodyarmor, flashbangs, all these small thing makes the action cooler, combined with the alien and predator weapons... BUT I SUSPECT this will be some more ANDERSON lame action with no, brains.... like RE just small shots at a time, with no lucid overview of the battlefield.. or any sort of idea of what the HELL is happening to the characters... I hope Anderson have learned from P1, P2 and A2....

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Jesus. What's with all the pessimists now? their pooping up like gophers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed