R Rating for Alien vs Predator?

Started by Darkness, Apr 12, 2004, 01:23:55 PM

Author
R Rating for Alien vs Predator? (Read 13,032 times)

YautjaWarrior

YautjaWarrior

I agree with RotaderP. I would turn tail and sprint in the opposite direction if I saw a pred anywhere near me.

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

I personally think, some of you guys are being way, WAY to sexiest. Girls can be tough too. I can't believe us men are all so damned sure of our selves. Women can be just as good, or better, then us Guys. I really hate it when people bash women. That should be in the past! please grow up and stop embarrasing your fellow man. I am totally ashamed. Plus, this is a discussion about AvP. This is an AvP site. Not Sexiest.com lets just talk about AvP

Oh and I think Alien3 is the best alien film. (special edition that is) It is a beautiful film. I think it blows the others away. I think the problem many have is that it isn't like the other two. It's different. But despite it being different i think it really is a great film. It's probably my favorite film of all time. call me crazy    ???   but that's just how I see it.

Nik

Nik

i hope its R i want blood flying everywhere mostly acid blood if you know wut i mean.

slime

slime

ok the only women worth bashing are the dyky feminist ones. i have no problem with a chick kicking butt, but no woman is Arnold. i dont think a woman should be taking on a predator HAND TO HAND, ripley was sweet in Alien and Aliens. im not being sexist, true many woman are tougher than alot of guys,but when it comes down to it woman cant be built like a Swarzenneger. and that chick in AvP doesnt look liek she could take on a Predator hand to hand, she may not have to in this movie. but i think its guys typing in this forum(?) and goign to see these movies not girls. i know a few badass chicks will see predator and alien movies on their own and not dragged in by their boyfriends, or something.  i dont see what is good about Alien3. like i hate how hicks and the newt died, and i felt sympathetic towards the synthetic bishop. alien3 really goes for a dark turn, but i dont really see hows its different from what we have already seen. i mean Alien and Aliens are very different from each other but are great and go together. besides the director for Alien3 came on late and wasnt into it. i can see why.  i dont accept Alien3 and Resurection. i take it as Aliens is the end of the saga. thats me, im not saying to think this too. alien was this discovery and alusive being stalking a virtually unarmed crew. alien had this incredible interest factor i found  in aliens we get great characters a great action director and badass weaponry  ok im done, i realize no point to this rant. but i will say that i wish this movie followed the premis of the comic book. more of the world of alien is introduced to predator not viceversus. ashghalkghadfh

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

Let me just say this. Alien3 is a movie you must watch intently. Not as a movie go'er. Not as a pure Alien film fan. But watch it closely. Watch the Special Edition and you will see, it is much Much better than the others. I've watched each film over and over. Just recently I came to the conclusion that Alien3 (special edition) is the best of them.

Saint Sinne"R"

Saint Sinne"R"

Here's some more reasons why I think this movie will not be PG-13, courtesy of the JoBlo described set visit:  Description #1: "The first scene gave us an opportunity to see a nice kill by the main predator himself. Picture him atop the upper walls of the Fight Chamber whipping one of his ceremonial spears at one of the security team members (no big secret here, you knew some of these guys were gonna die). I was most impressed by the sheer size of the predator MOFO. He

slimed bowling trophy

slimed bowling trophy

y is it better though? what is enjoyable about the story? how is the direction better? its just more hack and slash. tell me why it is better. i know Alien3 is not a good continueation of the alien saga. but what is so fab about it if it is placed by itself. so some interesting things may happen, like the main character has to deal with having an alien inside of her. i dont understand ur view.  second. i think a woman should kick butt with grace. i mean matrix1 is a great example of that. neo the dude kills with guns and direct blowing shit up approach. Trinity uses grace and style, and ultimately has better moves than neo does. even though neo can later fly, dodge then stop bullets.  the rating.. well what more do you get with rated R?? what were aliens and predator movies rated. i mean i wouldnt call those movies RESTRICTED. but i wouldnt say PG-13. i mean lotr is PG-13 and that is farely mellow apart from some hideous orcs. really i dont care what the rating is as long as they dont throw in some stupid arctic sex scene, or have unneccesary gore. i mean i like gore with a purpose. i wish i was behind this movie but oh well. are there any good movies that Anderson has directed. i mean i dragged myself through the first 5 minutes of mortal kombat the movie which i downloaded briefly. obviously a low budget film. but the direction, visual flow, camera work perspectives and all were to shit so i dont know. i havent seen soldier or resident evil so i cant be all that certain. i mean i guy who likes Terminator 3 over the matrix films is nuts. terminator 3 is jsut another hack and slash chase fest. T2 was sweet though, and T1 although a B movie was wicked coo.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

@Slimed Bowling Trophy: Terminator 3 hack and slash? I don't know what movie you were watching! Terminator 2 was way more violent. Terminator 3 almost received this same PG-13 rating BS, the only real scene of violence was the T-X punching a hole through the driver of that car,  which still wasn't as bad as the T-1000 "needle through the eye" of the cop, and stabbing John's foster dad through the mouth. Give me a break.  I'm not asking for some "sex" scene or extreme violence, infact, one main reason I want the "R" rating for continuity purposes. A PG-13 rating does not fit this series. Maybe two or more of the Alien movies could have been PG-13 by todays standards, but certainly neither of the Predator films. They were gorey.  I hope they didn't film this movie with a PG-13 in mind either. That's like saying you're holding back on purpose, that you're filming for mediocrity. This isn't Mortal Kombat, it's Alien VS. Predator. Bloodshed is part of what makes either creature frightening. They're dangerous, they can be downright brutal. I can't imagine how a chestbursting scene, head-bite, or anything else could be in a PG-13 movie. All indications from set visits to interviews suggest this will be "R" rated, and I believe it. The moron who started the PG-13 talk seems to have no clue what he's talking about.  Someone asked if we could imagine the camera "pulling away" from the shot of some of the more violent scenes. I sure can't. I think that'd be terribly silly. It's ok to leave the audience guessing on a few kills that you don't see, but anything else is stupid. This is a "monster movie," science fiction horror. If you can't stomach it, can't see the movie because you're underage, or have some kind of moral dilemma, too bad.

Saint Sinner

Saint Sinner

Also Slimed Bowling Trophy, the whole premise of Terminator is that someone is being "chased" or "hunted" by the machine(s). So in essence, all 3 movies should be "chase fests" by what you're saying. I didn't think T3 was as good as T1 or T2, but neither movie, not even T3, was anywhere near the term "hack and slash" -- like I said, the first two films contained much more violence than the 3rd.  The fact that you've never seen Mortal Kombat is enough for me to say you may not like it one bit. Most people who enjoyed Mortal Kombat were fans of the game, it was a big phenomenon. I feel sorry for someone who may just pick that movie up and watch it nowadays with it being completely new to them. It's a pretty dated movie, and no movie Anderson has made shows any "excellence" -- a few of them are just good popcorn movies at most. If I were any of you people who haven't seen any of Anderson's movies, I would just wait till AVP without the distraction of prior bad films in mind.

izzet

izzet

I think avp will be r-rated because PA is a fan and feels the same way about the movie as all of us, he has already stated he would be horrified if the movie was a PG-13. On the subject of Alien3, i agree it's a good movie, but isnt as good as the first too. It's to moody and downbeat and killing off newt an hicks was criminal.

CrackedTuskPred

CrackedTuskPred

YES!!!! I too hope that it is truly an R rating!  I mean whats a Pred an Alien film without blood and gore.  I mean each creature kills in a manner that is unique and really gory, and i luv em for that!!!  Oh man i cant wait to see a bunch of Pred's and Alien's just go at it! Its gonna be so sweet!    ;D  

Killer_Kakashi

Killer_Kakashi

I must say slime that was a wicked funny statement "killer kakashi i think you are chick in guy's clothing" cause I'm like the least likely person to be. See the thing is, I've just learned to respect the opposite sex for who they are. It takes that to have a world that's better and more equal. Bashing Girls isn't right in any way, shape, or form. Got it? I'm 16 and I got this. Can't you? When i say can't you I'm mainly talking to the previous posters  Anyway, Alien3. Have you watched the special edition? If you haven't then, well, I can't help you. If you have then you obviously noticed.... The wondeful new technique of camera postioning a totally different angle from the other films. the music was much more beautiful and saddening than the other films. Yes there is the whole delimma of an alien inside of you. The ending scene, uncut, is very very good. The music great, the acting, the twist that Bishop there is realy a droid. (I'm still having trouble seeing why people don't get this fact.) 85 says just before hitting something along the lines of "you stupid droid!" Then Bishop screams "I'm not a droid!" It's pretty damned obvious he's lying and thent he credits. If he was human he would be credited as the full name of the character, instead he's called BishopII.    anyway, back to the movie, I love the chestbuster scene for the ox alien co-ensiding with the cremation of hicks, and newts bodies. And People really should get over the fact that they died at the begining of the film. I mean, yah it kinda sucks, we'll never know what could have occured with those characters in the story, But I think it can help the film in some ways. for one, If they had survived, we would have had something along the lines of Aliens part2. I personally like how this film brings it back to what it was in the original. This is why I like the film. This is why it's my fav. I left alot of stuff out for if i didn't I would have to make this post three pages longer.  Oh and, Let's all pray for a R rating.   8)  

Growler

Growler

I think Hicks and Newt died in A3 simply because they couldn't get those same to people casted for the flick lol.  You got to think Hollywood here.

ghost_face_killah

ghost_face_killah

i was on countingdown.com and there sayin it is goin 2 be a pg-13 but i cant c it be.for me i dont like paul Anderson doing this movie coz i dont think he has made a real good movie i think john thomas and john mcternan they both wrote and directed predator 1 John Mcternan has done some good movies like die hard 1 and 2 and perdator wot use think?

Winston Rothschild

Winston Rothschild

@Killer_Kakashi, i thing your point of view on girls is actually the way everyone should think. and to everyone else, do u ever wonder what girls think of us guys?  i think that i should be rated R, but if its not its not. im stil going to see it over and over.  And yes Alien3 was the better of the four.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed