AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2004, 04:24:33 PM

Author
AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!! (Read 20,331 times)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

I don't know about that.  It would be really easy to have that statement make sense, since it could be said that once they company found out about the alien they proceded to try and discount any proof and eyewitness accounts Ripley may have had, just to keep others from believing her.  Heck, they had her taking therapy, which alone would make her seem like she was crazy.    That's really not a plot hole if you look at it, in fact what's done at that meeting is exactly what I would expect them to do even if they did know about the aliens.  Like I said, once they get confirmation about the alien's existence they'll do all they can to keep anyone from believing her.

aliasp

aliasp

Hmmm ... seems everyone is keen on thinking that keeping the aliens and preds looking legit will make this film a winner. Look back at the original Alien and Aliens ... the best bits were the story remember :) ... hopefully Anderson leaves more to the imagination rather than full on CGI, etc ... I believe the less we see of the alien and keep em in the shadows (like the original alien) the more creepier it will be.  So far from what I have seen I am extremely excited. It has a very Aliens feel to it ... and remember Cameron made Aliens on a modest $15million budget.  Anyway lets pray that the story will absolutely kick ass! I am firm believer that less is more sometimes.

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Anderson didn't write the script (at least not in a very large capacity), so that's a plus.  If he has even a decent script to work with, the movie should be pretty good since as a director I think he's actually fairly good.  He past movies have been mediocre just because of weak scripts, but they looked good.

Growler

Growler

to Morgoth:: As a pred fan myself, I don't think the jockey had anything to do with transporting eggs for the Preds.  I go with the idea that the jokey was transporting them for his own species.  That the ship was a battle ship that deploys those eggs to their enemy planet.  Something like the humans wanted to do, but Ripley fought against because she knew Aliens can't be controlled as biological weapons.  Something the Jockey sadly figured out during his last moment of life.

Morgoth

Morgoth

to Growler:  Thanx! You said it absolutely right. Scott tells the World on his Audiocommentaries, what the Jockey is all about and thats the way it should be.  .......and not like some crazy people want it to be!

Growler

Growler

Ha! and i didn't even hear the commentary.  I'll have to when i get back from this deployment.  I left Alien back home in the states   ???  

Aliminator

Aliminator

hey, growler, would you join USCM united states colonial marine? I WOULD!!!

Zorxagg

Zorxagg

Howdydilliho once again.  I have to say, that I agree with avpmaster13 that, in keeping with the first two movies and the original concept (which also began as pure horror), the aliens should indeed kill the predators and everyone else (with lucky and plucky survivors of course) with little trouble on their part. I do find it a little ridiculous that a pred with bladed weapons could somehow go toe to toe with an alien, and come off best. But we'll see; if the preds are actually effective against them (as they seem to be), then this could reduce some of the scare-impact of the film. These things are meant to be able to rend-steel with their talons (remember how Dallas died in 'Alien', originally [the awlfull book based on the screen-play] after being pulled through a gaping hole torn in the side of the air-duct), exist on another level of metabolism entirely (can evade super-sonic projectiles such as bullets to a degree), are armoured and have hydrolic bio-mechanical strength; so surely they would go right-through at least the lightly-armoured parts of a predators body like butter, and would easily overpower it.  I also just thought of a theory for the four long spines along an aliens back; actually an observation which I just clicked to. In Cameron's film, they seemed to be used to suspend the aliens body away from walls and tunnels, giving them an amazing ability to roll, rotate and run at any angle in confined spaces without hurting themselves (not likely anyway), which would also make sense; considering their mobility, and intelligence,  is what makes their steath that much more effective, and creepier.  They seem to follow, in Aliens and other later films at least, the Japanese asthetic for horror, where you can tell evil by the way it moves (even though they aren't evil, they just need to be killed and avoided, if you have that option). Would I join the USMC were this vision of the future to exist?  No, but i'd like to be recycled as fertilizer. Oh yeah; one silicon-based life form at least that I know of does exist-plankton.  But these things (no not plankton, silly) clearly could not have evolved; they must be some kind of bio-weapon for some perhaps long-forgotten alien war. A weapon of genocide maybe, or designed primarily for combat aboard starships (could you even afford to kill just one? Acid wouldn't just burn through the hull potentially, but also life-support, essential ship systems, masses of electronics, wireing and cables e.t.c).

da'lon'tei

da'lon'tei

does anyone know the real story behind the jockey?   ???  

Predboy

Predboy

DAMN!!!!!!!!!! Those featurettes look so damn cool. Fox knows how to give great treats. Now I'm DIEING to see this movie.

Facehuggin' eggbeater

Facehuggin' eggbeater

This movie looks like it's going to be fun!

BoxeR_RagE

BoxeR_RagE

i think vin desil or the rock should have been in the film along with space ship armerd tankx and robot fighting suites   >:D  

Marvellous_Marv

Marvellous_Marv

I think the director is gonna f**k this film up like he did with resident evil which was lame;   i think he is gonna make a film which is nothing lik the aliens nor the predator films; its just gonna b a hollywood cheap rip off of another good story line.  but wot i want to c in the film is the aliens and predators moving using todays latest technology;  plus i wanna c a predalien.

Commander Kruge

Commander Kruge

I think it'll be alright, whether or not its considered 'canon' or 'goes along with' the rest of the films, and whatever everyone considers what actually happens is up to us, and the writers of AvP.   Though Paul Anderson hasnt made badass films, though Event Horizon was weird but it was also pretty cool for special effects, set design, etc. etc. I have complete confidence in him that this movie will turn out alright.  I think the majority of everyone going to see it in the theaters will just be everyday people who've seen some or all of the movies that arent die hard fanatics of the two franchises, so it wont matter really to them. Regardless of how it turns out, there will be atleast some kickass special effects, and some hardcore fighting.  We'll all have to wait and see how it goes, from the pictures and featurette's, I think I'll be satisified.

GRID

GRID

The movies gonna be awesome, i cant wait to get all the toys and kill my sisters barbies    :)   but uh, dont aliens adapt to any environment? Because i remember from somewhere where it says that they do. Oh, and if there is a predalien, will it look like how the game made it look, or will it look like a buff alien...beacuse nothing really changed with the runner/dog alien. Just that it ran on for feet. But yes. Otherwise, im satisfied with how the movie looks, oh and wasnt the celtic predator in the end of predator 2? WHere all of them uncloak. Because they look extreamly similar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed