AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!!

Started by Darkness, Apr 27, 2004, 04:24:33 PM

Author
AvP Featurette 3 is Out!!! (Read 20,323 times)

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Whether or not you like The Lord of the Rings, my point is that Peter Jackson wasn't terribly successful with many of his earlier movies, and then finally made the trilogy which was met with outstanding, widespread critical acclaim, made muchos money, and received countless awards.  He suprised lots of people by turning out something that successful, so it's not impossible that Anderson could suprise us and come out with a movie that's suprisingly good, considering his past lack of success.

Bringer of Death

Bringer of Death

Have you guys read that bull#hit about the cacooned body picture being switched because it's 2 violent or whatever?! thats BS and almost throws that PG-13 rating right in our faces! F that.Lets just pray thats not the real reason or were gonna be screwed on this movie.To MORGOTH whats this about the Space Jockey being Pred related?Also I agree w/your superhero thing I personaly dont think Lex should be teaming up with a Pred at all and yes I think they are starting to get a little to humanlike if they start that crap.But hay I could be wrong, lets hope so

THE REAL PREDATOR

THE REAL PREDATOR

i felt i had to return to set a few more things straight. by now many of you will know i am an insider on this movie and that my source in Fox is reliable as i have proven. i just want to shed some light on a few issues  1> firstly, i knw the beginning, middle and end of the movie, i know all the present information and more.  2>the movie, will NOT be PG-13, ive clarified this many times.   3>the scene with lex in the room where the men are cocooned has NOT been removed from the movie, the movie has not even began editing yet as the special effects are not yet complete.  4> although, many rough cuts of the film have been completed, Paul Anderson has assured that the movie will remain faithful to both franchises and its content(scary) so its just common sense that whoever, over on planetAvP suggested that the scene was cut because it was too scary, obviously possesses the intellect rivalled by that of a cornflake.  5> what many of you seem to be forgeting is that Paul Anderson himself LOVES both of these franchises, he is a fan making a movie that he has wanted to make for over 10 years. he will NOT let it go to the dogs. i dont know about you guys, but from what ive seen, bonus material on my part, the film is shaping up nicely, i KNOW that the dialogue is fantastic as i have a copy of the script. i also have a copy of the original Peter Biggs script that was basically an adaptation of the comic books but manifested into a movie, which sadly never materialized as it was and is a riveting script and storyline.   i have also seen the shot of the 3, last standing predators that are standing aloft the pryramid, however the special effects have not yet been added and it is merely 3 predators, swinging calculated and awesome moves all over the place. the 3 predators in this particular shot are martial artists and let me tell you, move like em too. it looks fabulous..  i can only imagine that the only reason for the mass worry about this movie, is not because of the actuality, but because of the director. in that if Jim Cameron was directing it, eveyone would be a little less on on edge, but let me ASSURE you, as a long time and dedicated fan, that Anderson had taken a leaf out of the book of greats, and judging only from what ive seen already, has created a masterpiece.  - i wish to let you know that i have to get permission from my source to make any comment about the movie from now on as i have publically announced that i am an insider, however if you have questions, ask me and i will try to answer tham as best i can.  For now however....  Forte Fortuna Adjuvat..............-real pred

Predgirl

Predgirl

Hello there yeah I heard that there was a new screenshot on the site, but the other one was not replaced its still there because I notice the new screenshot yesterday when I went on.  To The Real Predator I hope your the real insider because if not some people will be really mad just to let you know. To Bringer of Death you should make a website on deviantart which you can submit any artwork you want plus you might interesting people.

AdamJZ

AdamJZ

Well Preddy girl, check again, cause its replaced.

la jungla se los llevo

la jungla se los llevo

real predator why the predator dont kill women and chills

Aliminator

Aliminator

Shakemaker, i agree, lord of the rings are boring!!! warcraft has batter storyline, hey should make a movie out of it...

Growler

Growler

to THE REAL PREDATOR:: Don't take this the wrong way, but I love you man... haha.  I'm hoping the Peter Briggs script could be intergrated into an AVP sequal.  I've read most of it myself (with some pages missing from it unfortunately), but I think using his script in AVP2, setting it in the future, could work.  to la jungla se los llevo:: Predator kills women.  He killed a couple women on that subway train in Pred2.  I believe the reason why he doesn't kill a women who is pregnant is because it's dishonorable in a way.  The mother may be armed, but the unborn child isn't.  If he kills the mother, then the unborn child dies with her.  That's my opinion.

Predgirl

Predgirl

Yes I was wrong so send a Predator after me why don't you.  If the women are not armed in anyway or the children because it dishonorable and their killing an innocent than someone who is armed to kill someone else.  Also for the same way with the woman in the movie 2 even though she was armed and found out she was pregnant he would be dishonorable because he is killing an innocent unborned child who did nothing to him in anyway of manner.

Zorxagg

Zorxagg

To real-pred. It's good to hear such soothing words, but you actually beat me to the computer, as I am not so down on Anderson as you may think. Firstly, most artists, in any medium, make life easy for them selves and focus on a style or execution that is already within their grasp; hence one reason for the overwhelming amount of kitsch in any medium; painting, music, film or otherwise.  Anderson may not yet have a track-record to inspire confidence, but what certainly does are his thought processes that have had some light shed on them in an interview (IGN; on here).  The fact that he realises the immensity of the task he is up against, with regard to the two genius directors who have successfully preceded him, and yet, whilst in awe, is still prepared to learn from these masters in a deep and challenging way is inspiring and a neccesity.  What made the Impressionists so good? The fact that they all trained under the Naturalists, who in turn were classically trained. Picasso and the early modernists? They could paint as well as any Impressionist, because they were also their mentors. Schumacher? Well, he learnt from Senna didn't he e.t.c.  Arrogant artists doomed to be second-rate think they have all the answers; those who attain first-rank status know to reference the past, and to learn from only the best in history that has preceded you and is relevent; not merely that which is near to hand or more easily understood.  Also, any great artist must posses a rare and acute sensitivity to beauty; and the fact that he recognises the heirarchy of the first two Alien films being the chief influences followed by the first predator movie (set in the Alien universe), on top of the fact that he understands the huge impact the pacing made in these films, gives ample room for hope. I also think Event Horizon was a straight A (if not A+) movie that was underrated, or at the least under-publicized. However, all great artists also know the importance of restraint; and yet I get the impression that Mr. Anderson will not be able to help himself with regard to slow-mo, and other assorted and flashy video-game inspired camera work. Such things may be trendy and 'cool' (as in coveted by 13 year olds and the Idol following crowd), and suit Mortal Kombat or even 'Predator', but the Alien universe when it worked was a bleak and realistic one; can you imagine the chestburster scene in Alien happening in slow-mo? If that's not grating enough then just add in some techno (as I'm sure he would never do, but I'm just trying to make a point here) and the result should be "yearch". Even the APC on fire and crashing around in Aliens would have been grating done like this; the realism, thus immersion and heart-pounding fear would have been gone, or at least compromised.  Remember; trendy or cool and other such of-our-time transiant things don't matter; what matters is timelessness, and for this the movie has to be as immersive as possible. The face-hugger in slo-mo could really work though. If Anderson wants some free street-cred and publicity, instead of inappropraite slo-mo or gyrating camera work (like the horrible grenade sequence in Resurrection), why doesn't he just have a 30-second bonus "Alien vs prod-action Osama" at the end; replete with Osama, alone, and his walking stick in a cave somewhere. Just a thought..he he. This brings me to another kitsch give-away and pit-fall to be aware of (art-theory was my major by the way; just so you know I'm not completely speaking out my arse); and that is that, besides the choosing of an easily-digestable style (Resurrection/Hollywood), kitsch-artists also typically choose colours and effects merely because they are pretty; such as a strong colour just because it looks nice. The point here is that everything should serve the whole; whether colours or choice of camera work. Slow-motion could work brilliantly if used to give an impression, from the Aliens perspective, of it's existance on a higher level of metabolism altogether, but other than that? Restraint is my point; not everything from videogames is good, or relevent. Hell; slow-mo in my view wrecks every game i've played with it anyway, as the real-time gameplay is of neccesity either too-easy, or far too difficult. Imagine how Golden-eye or Halo would be screwed. Other views such as first-person that he mentions on the other hand, fit the bleak realistic Alien universe and could really add to the experiance. In any case i'll put my head on the line and say that I think this film will be much better than Alien 3, miles better than tyhe horrible Resurrection, but Aliens, and especially Alien, are very, very hard acts to follow.  But if he doesn't attain those kind of heights, I for one won't blame him; and so long as he keeps doing the right things, this movie can't be bad. "One can only stand on the top of a precipice for so long; eventually you become dizzy and have to step down". Zorxagg.

avpmaster132004

avpmaster132004

my names avpmaster13 and i think that everyone thinks predators will kill aliens way to easy but i know that aliens will kill the predators with minor inconvienyence dont mind if i spelled that wrong

Carnivore25

Carnivore25

I hope the Aliens will kill all of the preds except one survivor (not winner) at the end of that shit!

Morgoth

Morgoth

@Bringer of Death:  about the Jockeything......some of the predfans want to see the Jockey as a predrelated creature who carries the eggs for them........And iam as Alienfan are very disapointed on that stupid idea. the pred become to be a intruder to the aliencult and suck out everything whats based on it.  all what comes from alien should stay there. dont get me wrong but i think this avp thing is the end of a cool franchise and went to be a  movie for kids, who see the pred as a Superman! I hate that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgoth

Morgoth

onemore thing::::::: its nothing wrong with the old predthing, i like it. But the most of his fans are realy unfair and want the pred to be that what i said above.

Oh Gosh

Oh Gosh

During the meeting in Aliens where Ripley defends why she had destroyed the star ship etc.  and explained her story, we hear one woman say, "a creature that has not been described in over a hundred surveyed worlds".  Well if the Aliens were obviously on earth fighting preds and humans prior to this, the statement does not make sense.  There is no continuity.  I think the downfall of this movie will be the tremendous plot holes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed