NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 1,208,426 times)

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

OK guys, I need help. One of the knees on my Ghost Predator is stuck, specifically, the second joint that makes it a double jointed knee, it won't move. I already tried to use a blow dryer to loosen it, but it didn't work. And it's stuck pretty hard, so if I force it, it will break.

Ideas?

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 05, 2017, 12:54:08 PM
I'll honestly buy that the minute I see it's available. It's freaking awesome. I wonder what the price point will be?
Best guess is right around $30. Would be boss if they double billed it with the AvP column accessory! But that's another thing altogether.
Quote from: The Shuriken on Jan 08, 2017, 05:42:56 PM
OK guys, I need help. One of the knees on my Ghost Predator is stuck, specifically, the second joint that makes it a double jointed knee, it won't move. I already tried to use a blow dryer to loosen it, but it didn't work. And it's stuck pretty hard, so if I force it, it will break.

Ideas?
DON'T PANIC. That's it that's all I got...
JK
Have you tried boiling water and just dipping the stuck leg up to the knee?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

The comic shop near my has Ultimate City Hunter in stock and I picked that up today. I didn't hesitate on it since I was never able to pick up the original one. He's great.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Oh shit, I didn't realize he was out now. I'll have to check the local Toys R Us after I get paid.

MINIATURE-ART

MINIATURE-ART

Hi all, new guy here. I registered specifically to share my take on this figure. I'm typically on the Sideshow, Rebelscum and Fwoosh Forums.

I think the Ultimate City Predator 2 is great. I sold my original version last year when I heard NECA was releasing an Ultimate version with better articulation and I don't regret that decision at all.

The Bad: the opening flap to the wrist computer was broken out of the box. The problem? The set of hinges on the flap side are actually oval in shape. It's fine when closed, but when you open the flap the oval shape hinge pushes on the bottom and lifts the entire flap upwards, putting stress on the hinge and breaking it. The fix is to sand the hinge to a rounder profile and carefully reglue it. I added a pin to help align it and keep the flap closed.

The Good: Better paint work especially with the netting. I love having the unmasked portrait and all the extra accessories including the new clip to hold the spear on his back. The net gun is seperate now and comes with a specific firing hand. The double jointed elbows, and bicep swivel is awesome, finally a Predator 2 figure that can achieve so many cool action poses. Who ever said the upgraded joints are unnecessary doesn't understand the concept of action figures vs. statues :)

The new torso joint is well hidden, and used with the waist joint, can give enough oh a hunched over look when needed. All the joints are tighter, including the ankles which popped off constantly on the original issue. In addition the wrist blades do extend, something which on line reviews said it can't do. The plasma cannon can also swivel at two points, the neck of the support (where it attaches  to the cannon) is a ball joint, while the base rotates as well.

I made some small adjustments to my figure, for example I moved the sideways pouch under the chest armor, so it won't dangle freely, the crotch armor straps was replaced with nylon rope so it hangs a little lower, and I removed the spear tips and reglued it in place reinforced with a metal pin to make it stronger.

I hope the above pics illustrate what a great figure this is, especially compared to the original. The poorly designed wrist computer hinge is an annoyance (it can be fixed), but it shouldn't detract from all the other things NECA did right with this figure.

BOBBY

pmaz11

pmaz11

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this predator figures head comes off & can be switched with other figures?

I was hoping to swap my concrete jungle predators heads with this figure if anyone can tell me if it'll work?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I've actually never done a head swap (coloration of the skin being different from the body kept me away from that) but I have done mask swaps which are easy enough.

pmaz11

pmaz11

I saw a video on a YouTube of a guy swapping out heads with what said it was this Neca Jungle Hunter Articulation 25th Anniversary figure.

But I would like a confirmation from someone on the forum here, just cause I don't know if the guy had to technically break it or not to do it....

Master

Master

Head is mounted on ball joint and can be removed and replaced, without damage for figure. I've done it many times. There can be difference between series and some balls are smaller then the other though (life :D )

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

If you are able to get the head off and find that the ball joints are different sizes then I recommend checking out this tutorial.
http://www.figurerealm.com/customtutorial?action=view&id=87

I've used this technique before and it works really well.

The Ancient One

The Ancient One

Are you going for this look? I was planning on making some more cast if your interested?
Quote from: pmaz11 on Feb 04, 2017, 07:55:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if this predator figures head comes off & can be switched with other figures?

I was hoping to swap my concrete jungle predators heads with this figure if anyone can tell me if it'll work?

pmaz11

pmaz11

So you have other predator heads that you make yourself? Cause I just bought the Jungle Hunter Predator since I wanted it anyways. But what do you have?

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

As cool as their smaller figures are I wish that Neca would finally release an unmasked 1/4 scale variant of the Jungle and City Hunter figures.

The Ancient One

The Ancient One

It's just the AVP scar mask without the marking, the mask pop off off you pry a little and can be replaced with the casted mask. I have a bunch of P2 and Jungle Hunter mask that I've customized I've just recently started messing with the AVP figures.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Ancient One on Feb 06, 2017, 05:58:16 AM
It's just the AVP scar mask without the marking
Not quite, I'm pretty sure the masks are actually different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed