NECA 1:4 Scale PREDATOR Figure

Started by Sabres21768, Nov 24, 2010, 07:11:42 PM

Author
NECA 1:4 Scale PREDATOR Figure (Read 154,206 times)

ridetofight

ridetofight

prototypes like these are always going to look a lot better - they're painted by a professional artist, using high quality paints, with weeks to work on it. the final product is painted by workers in a factory, with crappy paint, and minutes to finish their work. i don't think the final product will look 60% as good as the proto. sabres may know something i don't, but i don't think its anywhere near possible for something of that quality to be mass produced, period, ever.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: ridetofight on Jan 13, 2011, 04:21:14 PM
prototypes like these are always going to look a lot better - they're painted by a professional artist, using high quality paints, with weeks to work on it. the final product is painted by workers in a factory, with crappy paint, and minutes to finish their work. i don't think the final product will look 60% as good as the proto. sabres may know something i don't, but i don't think its anywhere near possible for something of that quality to be mass produced, period, ever.

As was stated...this is a "factory deco" piece.

That means that this is a FACTORY PRODUCED piece to show NECA what the factory can do, and to provide them with a sample in order to make any last minute changes to coloring, accessories, or assembly.

ridetofight

ridetofight

sabres, you deservedly have a great reputation around the boards - not only are you obviously an avid, well-informed collector, but i know you've had a ton of custom work done by very talented artists, painting statues, and production figures alike. you know how much talent and time it takes to turn out a piece like this - something hot toys, even with their reputation, resources, and price point, has not been able to produce - why do you think neca has the ability to turn something like this out?

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: ridetofight on Jan 13, 2011, 07:33:42 PM
sabres, you deservedly have a great reputation around the boards - not only are you obviously an avid, well-informed collector, but i know you've had a ton of custom work done by very talented artists, painting statues, and production figures alike. you know how much talent and time it takes to turn out a piece like this - something hot toys, even with their reputation, resources, and price point, has not been able to produce - why do you think neca has the ability to turn something like this out?

Since NECA has switched factories (something they did because of all of the QC complaints from the previous factory) I can see this turning out pretty darn close to what we've seen in this last pic.

I can look back at their previous Wolf Pred figure (which was not done by this last, problem filled factory) which had fantastic paint apps for it's size, to see that they are very capable of putting out a superior product.

Add to that the increased size of the figure, which will allow for a more detailed paint app, and NECA's apparent desire to make this a first class collectible, and I see great things on the horizon.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 13, 2011, 09:27:33 PM

Since NECA has switched factories (something they did because of all of the QC complaints from the previous factory) I can see this turning out pretty darn close to what we've seen in this last pic.

I can look back at their previous Wolf Pred figure (which was not done by this last, problem filled factory) which had fantastic paint apps for it's size, to see that they are very capable of putting out a superior product.

Add to that the increased size of the figure, which will allow for a more detailed paint app, and NECA's apparent desire to make this a first class collectible, and I see great things on the horizon.

This has made my day

samoht

samoht

This could mean the series 3 release might be better quality too.
Good news, coz I want to get anytime.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

NECA's always been known for detail and accuracy in their products. Their Achilles' Heel though is quality control. I've had several 7" figures break or snap on me.

Predator Queen

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 13, 2011, 07:19:16 AM
Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Jan 13, 2011, 06:59:19 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 13, 2011, 06:38:45 AM
Quote from: ArielAleXCo on Jan 13, 2011, 06:26:22 AM
Quote from: Ron66 on Jan 13, 2011, 12:56:22 AM
http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff450/RonPredator/pred.jpg

In Awe!!!   :o  :o :o

Looks nice.. i repeat.. is it going to be like that in the final product?? where the open mandibel variation???

Yes, it should like like that as a final product.

i hope so, i hated classic predator neca figure... because it look great on prototype not so good in final product.

These are being made at the new factory, in order to avoid the problems that occurred with with previous figures.
If that is true then for the next set of the 7" they should use the same factory one more problem like Doom mentioned I am not buying anymore

newbeing

newbeing

I'm really glad they've changed factories. They lost a few sales from me when I saw the paint work for their Predators line. The quality of the plastic looked rather poor as well. Now I just need to figure out which I want more. MAsked or closed jaw?

Rioto

Rioto

Closed jaw mate  ;D

ArielAleXCo

ArielAleXCo

open jaws  ;D

samoht

samoht

Masked  ;D

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

All three. ;D

Master

Master

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 14, 2011, 02:24:41 AM

NECA's always been known for detail and accuracy in their products. Their Achilles' Heel though is quality control. I've had several 7" figures break or snap on me.

Yeah QC is shitty in latest NECA products. Worst thing I got from them was P/A two pack. Predator had nearly unpainted eyes and Alien lacks one of those tubes near moth, which is real problem for me cause I alreday found buyer for this alien.

shakermakerman

I want!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed