[Release] Marine soundpack+Pred pack

Started by Xeno Killer 2179, Nov 22, 2010, 11:49:01 PM

Author
[Release] Marine soundpack+Pred pack (Read 14,393 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Marine soundpack:

Features:
New sounds for the smartgun, pistol, and grenade explosion.

I created the smartgun sound by extracting sound files from the aliens dvd included in the old quadrilogy set, edited it into one burst, optimized it for loop fire and added bass to sound more powerful.

-The pistol uses the same sound from avp2

-The grenade explosion was swapped with an alternate unused sound within the game's files.

-Sniper sounds more like an actual gun now.

-Sentry turret is accurate to "Aliens" now.

Predator pack:
Features:

Sound changes:
vision mode changes
Heartbeat in vision modes
plasma cannon fire
plasma cannon tracking
adds 2 sounds for healing pain (keeps original, but only has 1/3 chance)

Thermal vision change:
Changes thermal vision to look more like the movies

All mods I've made:

https://www.mediafire.com/?2a0ijffa3clf74f

Valheru

Valheru

Nice work 8)

Have you thought of doing the same thing for the Pulse Rifle as you did for the smartgun, extract the actual sounds from the movie as that would be awesome ;D

Cheers,

Valheru

Xeno Killer 2179

Yes. I haven't attempted it though because the pulse rifle sounds work in a much more complex way. I wasn't entirely satisfied with the smartgun either, but it seemed like a big improvement.

I have the anthology now, which uses lossless (better quality) audio. Once I can extract audio from it, I'll try to remake this pack with improved sounds+pulse rifle sounds and I might change the sniper if I can find something that suites it.

I have no idea when, or if it'll get done, or if someone will do a better job before then, so just hang around the forums and happy modding.

Xeno Killer 2179

Uploaded a video for thermal vision.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OIxitrQhnk#ws

Valheru

Valheru

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 25, 2010, 01:45:24 AM
Uploaded a video for thermal vision.

Most EXCELLENT!!  ;D

It would be good if you could get a comparison shot with the latest thermal vision for this image you originally posted for the first version, as in this one you can't see hardly any of your surroundings in your peripheral view where it looks much better in the latest release but would be good to see how it is now through the same view.

Keep up the good work! 8)

Cheers,

Valheru

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

http://img703.imageshack.us/i/20200523.png/

It won't let me post them directly for some reason.

Valheru

Valheru

Thanks for doing that, looks sweet as!!! ;D

Before

After (release 2)

Quote from: Xeno Killer 2179 on Nov 25, 2010, 03:13:17 AM
It won't let me post them directly for some reason.
You need to grab the "direct" link from the "Links to share this image" section on the right hand side of the image and encapsulate it in [img ] [/img ] brackets (remove the space after "img", just had to add it in so they would appear as text) manually or by clicking the image button below the bold button in the post options.

Cheers,

Valheru

Stalker

Great Predator mod. I really wish Rebellion just kept the classic vision mode sounds instead of using a heartbeat in the first place.

The original cannon sound effect was a great touch too.

AvPYoDa

nice work man where to download from hehe?

much better than my attempt

Steve C

Steve C

Very cool, thanks for making this. 

Valheru

Installed this mod on the weekend and must say I love it!  ;D

Only issue I have is the first 1 to 2 seconds on changing to the heat vision mode, you pretty much are blind and after that its still a bit hard to see much other than the vibrant heat sources, this makes it particularly hard when switching between vision modes often which I do most games as you are combating multiple species....but it does reflect the movie vision extremely well and therefore is the way it should be, just in this game where I feel the pred is fairly handicapped, it doesn't help his situation.

Absolutely love the new sounds!

Great work Xeno Killer 2179! Keep it coming  8)

Cheers,

Valheru

Le Celticant

Excellent work, it's definitely a must for Predator!
I hope to see more mods like this.  ;)

Xeno Killer 2179

Thanks guys for all the support. I won't be able to work on any mods for a few days because I just adopted a puppy that needs care and attention most of the day.

AcidGlow

cool

brennan4

Out of cuiosity, can you get fire to show up on thermal vision?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed