How do I use anti aliasing?

Started by Xeno Killer 2179, Nov 17, 2010, 05:13:27 AM

Author
How do I use anti aliasing? (Read 3,041 times)

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I have a 5970, but the option for AA doesn't appear anywhere, even in dx11 mode; all I have is tesselation.

Forcing AA in the CC doesn't work either.

*EDIT*
I have the option for AA now either through in game settings or morphological filtering. Both seem to simply blur the aliasing away and the effect is not very good.

Xhan

Xhan

You either have a corrupt install or you're running it in DX9 mode.

yaji

yaji

Grab the Catalyst 10.10e Hotfix:

http://support.amd.com/la/kbarticles/Pages/GPU87AMDCat1010eHotfix.aspx

And try with Morphological Filtering.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

I updated to 10.10e and the morphological filtering didn't seem to affect the game. It either did, but wasn't noticable, or didn't work at all.

I can confirm that it works for everything else though. I tried Blood money at 0xAA and then at 16xAAMF and the difference was definetly there. I think I'll stick to regular AA though because MF makes everything soft and blurs text.

Must be an error with my AVP install.

*EDIT*

With AVP, in order to apply the AAMF, I had to reboot the game after changing the settings in ccc. I know it worked this time because the FPS monitor from fraps was blurred.

The actual change in-game was so small it's not even worth using.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

I never understood what half of this stuff means...I just turn it up as high as I can get it (and keep a good frame rate) and have at it.  ;D

DragonBossk

DragonBossk

When you say forcing AA in CCC doesn't work,  do you mean CCC won't enable it or it the forced AA works fine in every game except AVP2010?

I know for my 5870 the forced AA does work; games using the source engine for example use AA even with the in game AA settings are switched off. Pretty sure AA in AVP2010 in DX11 (after all patches) worked fine too.

Xeno Killer 2179

Forced AA works fine in almost every game except avp. It completely ignores my ccc settings, and only goes by what I have it set to do in-game. It doesn't have an AA option in settings even in dx11 mode.

I'm not going to worry about it though. The game still looks gorgeous.

Xeno Killer 2179

Bump to request help.

I've heard of a tool called SSAA_Tool that tricks DX10+ games into thinking you have a higher resolution monitor, which allows you to have super sampling AA which is the best. The problem is that it prevents AVP from launching.

worriors

worriors

AA effect on 3D images is minute. Its best used for 2D images. Also if you dont have a lot of ram it'll slow you system down.

Xeno Killer 2179

Quote from: worriors on Jan 30, 2011, 10:04:21 PM
AA effect on 3D images is minute. Its best used for 2D images. Also if you dont have a lot of ram it'll slow you system down.
I have 6GB of DDR3 1600 system ram and 2GB of gddr5 vram. Games run like butter.
Aliens vs predator has horrible aliasing issues at 1080p, and I'm trying to get as much as possible out of my 5970.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed