What are your favorite quotes from a movie that you like?

Started by Feral_PRED, Nov 01, 2010, 05:29:12 PM

Author
What are your favorite quotes from a movie that you like? (Read 15,308 times)

Feral_PRED

Space Sweeper

No one should feel obligated to join this mission, in any way.
This is a decision I have made for myself.
..If it turns out there are not enough personnel to crew Galactica...
..I will lead a Raptor assault with anyone who is willing to join me.
Let there be no illusions! This is likely to be a one way trip!

-Admiral Adama before the final assault, Battlestar Galactica

jhsnake999

jhsnake999

These are three quotes from three of my favourite films!

"Welcome to Jurassic Park". Jurassic Park "I've worked around predators since I was 20 years old. Lions, jackals, hyenas... you". The Lost World Jurassic Park "Do we have a problem? Yeah! You treat us like a pack of galahs! That's a type of parrot". The Dish

Requiem28

Quote from: jhsnake999 on Feb 22, 2011, 11:04:32 AM
These are three quotes from three of my favourite films!

"Welcome to Jurassic Park". Jurassic Park

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

King Rathalos

"Wet t-shirt...wet...t-shirt..." - Piranha

severen76

I know it's really long and I had to copy it from IMDB because I couldn't remember it word for word, but The Big Lebowksi has one of my favourite openings for a film ever:

"Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough."

~ The Stranger.

That's it. It's all told in voice over by Sam Elliot whilst Pery Como's 'Tumbling Tumble weeds' plays in the background. Just brilliant cinema.

TheMonolith

Quote from: severen76 on Feb 23, 2011, 02:46:21 AM
I know it's really long and I had to copy it from IMDB because I couldn't remember it word for word, but The Big Lebowksi has one of my favourite openings for a film ever:

"Way out west there was this fella... fella I wanna tell ya about. Fella by the name of Jeff Lebowski. At least that was the handle his loving parents gave him, but he never had much use for it himself. Mr. Lebowski, he called himself "The Dude". Now, "Dude" - that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. But then there was a lot about the Dude that didn't make a whole lot of sense. And a lot about where he lived, likewise. But then again, maybe that's why I found the place so darned interestin'. They call Los Angeles the "City Of Angels." I didn't find it to be that, exactly. But I'll allow there are some nice folks there. 'Course I can't say I've seen London, and I ain't never been to France. And I ain't never seen no queen in her damned undies, so the feller says. But I'll tell you what - after seeing Los Angeles, and this here story I'm about to unfold, well, I guess I seen somethin' every bit as stupefyin' as you'd see in any of them other places. And in English, too. So I can die with a smile on my face, without feelin' like the good Lord gypped me. Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '90s - just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the I-raqis. I only mention it because sometimes there's a man... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a man. And I'm talkin' about the Dude here. Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude, in Los Angeles. And even if he's a lazy man - and the Dude was most certainly that. Quite possibly the laziest in Los Angeles County, which would place him high in the runnin' for laziest worldwide. But sometimes there's a man, sometimes, there's a man. Aw. I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I've done introduced him enough."

~ The Stranger.

That's it. It's all told in voice over by Sam Elliot whilst Pery Como's 'Tumbling Tumble weeds' plays in the background. Just brilliant cinema.
I love The Big Lebowski. Elliot was hysterical in this movie.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

-V, V for Vendetta

Lie

Predator Queen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 23, 2011, 02:55:24 PM
"VoilĂ ! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V."

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."

-V, V for Vendetta
I love that quote and that movie to no end

Vasquez, J

Big Trouble In Little China

David Lo Pan:

"Shut up, Mr. Burton!"  ;D

THE CITY HUNTER

Dont want the the entire winter tied to a f**kING couch!(the thing)

KiramidHead

The Exorcist III

Practically everything George C. Scott says.

"I was signalling beings on Mars. Sometimes they answer."

PVTDukeMorrison

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed