are there different types of predators like how we have different color people??

Started by Psycho, Oct 29, 2010, 02:08:49 AM

Author
are there different types of predators like how we have different color people?? (Read 31,495 times)

Aran

They're just bigger and savage. that's all ..

samoht

Quote from: Meathead320 on Feb 04, 2011, 10:13:57 PM
Quote from: Master on Jan 31, 2011, 12:26:45 PM
Also all of those humans presented above can have fertile offspring with one another. But Neanderthals couldn`t have one with Homo sapiens even though their bone structure and behavioral characteristics weren`t so different.

Even that has come into Question, as far as the Neanderthals. There has been some data now showing a high% of Neanderthal allele patterns displayed in a few groups of humans. Not that this means for sure if they are different species, or perhaps Neanderthals were closer to humans, or even should be in the same species as ourselves. More data is needed, but to political implications it is not an easy field to study.

Then again Ability to produce fertile offspring is not a good indicator of species either, as there are plenty of animals that can produce fertile heterozygous offspring, but almost never do in the wild, and are regarded as different species.

There are a ton of birds that can, Coyotes and Wolves, Bonobos and Chimps etc...

If its that confusing down here I simply cannot fathom applying it to an alien in any sure way.

Yeah.
It is now highly believed by scientists that the Neanderthal species was actually absorbed into the human species. Had I been an expert in the area, I'm sure I could bring forth some more proof.

And something about the Pred debate.

If I were to use the evolution of humans as a loose reference, then I guess we could say the classics are humans. Anytime being white, pussyface being asian (again, just an example). The Classics having there own cultural and racial diversity, like humans.
The "super" preds would be more like the neanderthals. And I say this whilst referring mainly to how they split away from the line that led to humans, but share a common ancestry. A very common ancestry actually.

Master

I`d say they are even closer. By analogy P1 is like Slavic sub-race of white race and P2 is Nordic sub-race, while BSP and other SPs are black race (different races of same species).

samoht

Quote from: Master on Feb 05, 2011, 12:50:54 AM
I`d say they are even closer. By analogy P1 is like Slavic sub-race of white race and P2 is Nordic sub-race, while BSP and other SPs are black race (different races of same species).

I wouldn't say that close. The supers have major differences in their skull. As in, aspects of it are structured completely differently.

If we were to compare them against humans (which is a good way to do it) you'll notice that the differences between pussy face and anytimes skulls are a similar in the contrast between different races of humans skulls, if not more. IT seems the most plausible to assume they are different races.
Supers skulls are just completely different which alludes to a split in the evolutionary path. Plus it would appear that they have their own races. (the 3 supers have different skin colour to each other).

Now people could pull out the excuse "But they are aliens, so the differences could mean nothing"
But if we look at it from a logical, evolutionary point of view, the differences point to a more conclusive explanation being that the classics, are one predator species (with races) and the Supers are another predator species (with their own races).

Meathead320

Quote from: samoht on Feb 05, 2011, 01:52:57 AM

I wouldn't say that close. The supers have major differences in their skull. As in, aspects of it are structured completely differently.

If we were to compare them against humans (which is a good way to do it) you'll notice that the differences between pussy face and anytimes skulls are a similar in the contrast between different races of humans skulls, if not more. IT seems the most plausible to assume they are different races.
Supers skulls are just completely different which alludes to a split in the evolutionary path. Plus it would appear that they have their own races. (the 3 supers have different skin colour to each other).

Now people could pull out the excuse "But they are aliens, so the differences could mean nothing"
But if we look at it from a logical, evolutionary point of view, the differences point to a more conclusive explanation being that the classics, are one predator species (with races) and the Supers are another predator species (with their own races).

With the limited amount of info we have, it is not yet 100% for sure if we are not dealing with different genders within the same species.

Offhand, that seems unlikely, but just pointing out that all options should be left on the table.

It could be something out of left field.

samoht

Quote from: Meathead320 on Feb 05, 2011, 02:33:19 AM
Quote from: samoht on Feb 05, 2011, 01:52:57 AM

With the limited amount of info we have, it is not yet 100% for sure if we are not dealing with different genders within the same species.

Offhand, that seems unlikely, but just pointing out that all options should be left on the table.

It could be something out of left field.

Of course man.

I'm just pointing out the most plausible and most probable explanation.

Le Celticant

What I noticed from the movie is that beside the head... there's nothing truly different.
And still, Pussyface had somehow a different head shape too compared to Anytime even if it's closer to it than the PREDATORS noobish from Roberto.

What tell us the movie:
-Nolan states that the 'Super' type predators are larger and rules the smaller somehow with this sort of war (anyway it tried to say they are more badass).

What show us the movie:
-3 Predators hunting 8 people... 2 people survived, all of the super were killed.
-The 3 Super dude never shown smart move. They were most of the time dumb.
-Nolan had mental issue.

What show us Predator:
-1 Predator killed 6 men + destroyed an helicopter and killed the people in. Only Dutch survived.
-Until blain death where Mac made him bleed he never committed a mistake.

My conclusion (Personal opinion, right to disagree but it'll still... be mine):
The Super Predators never appeared to be 'larger' than the original. Even more, compared to Anytime vs. Dutch close sequence and Royce vs Berzerker or Hanzo vs Super, they seems even smaller (big lol).
Also, the original vs super predator scene show it perfectly, they share the exact same size (I guess all the guys involved in the movie never tried to put logic. After all, art can be without logic nah?).
About Nolan case, I don't know if he's schizophrenic, mental breakdown or whatever (and I honestly don't care) but he's some trouble minded dude and somehow like to 'make-up' story.
He's some kind of nice story teller to get close to people for killing them after so I wouldn't take his words seriously.

My opinion about the Super:
A bullshit, it's hollywood after all and it's a fashion since years to say that in a sequel you 're-invented' the genre while the movie show us it's a poor copy/paste with the intention of adding more badass element that will beat or arrived at the same status as the original while... it's crap.

So I would say yes for the skin colour, it's just a matter of 'minor' differences between individuals who belongs to the same specie. It's not a sub-specie, just a... let's say it was just nothing and we're dealing with normal Predator here (just remove nolan quote from the movie and everything becomes clear).

samoht

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 05, 2011, 04:50:23 PM
What I noticed from the movie is that beside the head... there's nothing truly different.
And still, Pussyface had somehow a different head shape too compared to Anytime even if it's closer to it than the PREDATORS noobish from Roberto.

What tell us the movie:
-Nolan states that the 'Super' type predators are larger and rules the smaller somehow with this sort of war (anyway it tried to say they are more badass).

What show us the movie:
-3 Predators hunting 8 people... 2 people survived, all of the super were killed.
-The 3 Super dude never shown smart move. They were most of the time dumb.
-Nolan had mental issue.

What show us Predator:
-1 Predator killed 6 men + destroyed an helicopter and killed the people in. Only Dutch survived.
-Until blain death where Mac made him bleed he never committed a mistake.

My conclusion (Personal opinion, right to disagree but it'll still... be mine):
The Super Predators never appeared to be 'larger' than the original. Even more, compared to Anytime vs. Dutch close sequence and Royce vs Berzerker or Hanzo vs Super, they seems even smaller (big lol).
Also, the original vs super predator scene show it perfectly, they share the exact same size (I guess all the guys involved in the movie never tried to put logic. After all, art can be without logic nah?).
About Nolan case, I don't know if he's schizophrenic, mental breakdown or whatever (and I honestly don't care) but he's some trouble minded dude and somehow like to 'make-up' story.
He's some kind of nice story teller to get close to people for killing them after so I wouldn't take his words seriously.

My opinion about the Super:
A bullshit, it's hollywood after all and it's a fashion since years to say that in a sequel you 're-invented' the genre while the movie show us it's a poor copy/paste with the intention of adding more badass element that will beat or arrived at the same status as the original while... it's crap.

So I would say yes for the skin colour, it's just a matter of 'minor' differences between individuals who belongs to the same specie. It's not a sub-specie, just a... let's say it was just nothing and we're dealing with normal Predator here (just remove nolan quote from the movie and everything becomes clear).

That kind of made sense....

Noland may be crazy, but the directors put the line about the supers for a reason. They didn't put it in just to secretly trick the audience into thinking one thing....

And yeah, Berserker was bigger than classic.

Aran

The Concrete Jungle Predator is the tallest at 9ft.

Cap. Fitzgerald

And this matters or is relevant how?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed