Aliens vs Predator pre-order code giveaway

Started by predxeno, Oct 08, 2010, 03:09:09 AM

Author
Aliens vs Predator pre-order code giveaway (Read 12,782 times)

predxeno

predxeno

I'm thinking about doing a giveaway for a pre-order code I have.  I have 1 PC code and 2 PS3 codes; all are from the US so they, unfortunately, won't work in the UK. :(  I'll be doing a trivia contest to determine a winner, the one who gets the most correct will get one of these codes.  The trivia will cover EU mainly since that's my main area of interest (just check out my #1 position in avp.seriousscifitrivia.com on the subject ;D), it'd also prevent the contest to be too easy as anyone can look up details of the films online (I won't be including any crossovers in the trivia, i.e. Batman vs. Predator, etc.; though Aliens vs. Predator is obviously fair game).  Anybody interested?

Note: This is just to check that there are a good amount of people interested in this idea, if I don't think there are that many people interested, then I might cancel.  If you badly need one of these codes, you can get them on ebay (http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=aliens+vs+predator+code&_sacat=See-All-Categories) or buy them from me.  I recommend the latter since I give AvPGalaxy members get discounts on the prices given on ebay. ;)  AvPGalaxy rocks!!! ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: Though this seems really obvious, I thought I'd put this here anyway in hindsight: This competition is exclusively for AvPGalaxy members only, so if you're not part of AvPG and want a chance at this, join up.  This is an amazing site and has an even more amazing community.

Fujimaster

I like the idea, but i live in australia *sad face*

Cap. Fitzgerald

I thought they stopped accepting the codes a long time ago....

predxeno

The official due date is March 31, 2011, I believe.  If not, then I know for a fact it's sometime in March 2011.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Oh ok.
Either way I dont care. Sega dropped support. :(

predxeno

You could join just for fun; see how much AvP stuff you know. ;D

Rah

Rah

I'd be down for the PC skins on this. I just bought this game today, loving it.

predxeno

Out of curiosity, what do people want this trivia contest to be like; multiple choice, open-ended, based on comics, based on games, etc.?  Your opinions will help shape this contest to be what it will be.

Nelizar The Hybrid

Quote from: predxeno on Oct 09, 2010, 12:01:09 AM
Out of curiosity, what do people want this trivia contest to be like; multiple choice, open-ended, based on comics, based on games, etc.?  Your opinions will help shape this contest to be what it will be.

I say based on comics, or based on games...
but Thats my opinion ^.=.^

predxeno

I like your opinion, already. ;D

predxeno

Important announcement here:

I would like everybody to post how much of the AVP EU they have read, played, etc.  I have decided that I would like to give everybody an equal chance in the trivia contest.  I will look at what people have read and make the contest based on that.  I highly encourage you to post since this will determine how hard the contest is going to be.  For example, let's say that everybody who replied posted that they read Aliens: Newt's Tale so when the contest actually comes out I have a question based on that story, but since not everybody had decided to post what they had already read, those people that didn't post that they had never read Newt's Tale will be at a disadvantage to those who had read it.

predxeno

Well, despite the fact that nobody has responded to my last post for several weeks now, I have made up a list of EU material that I'm going to make questions for in the giveaway.  They should all be fairly easy to get your hands on at a library if you don't already have them, except for the games.  You'll have to ask other AvPGalaxy members about them.

Aliens Colonial Marines
Aliens vs Predator Deadliest of the Species
Aliens DNA War
Aliens Omnibus 1
Aliens vs Predator 1
Predators Prequel (can be found in the Predators TPB)
Predators Sequel (can be found in the Predators TPB)
Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000
Aliens vs Predator 2 Gold Edition
Aliens vs Predator Prey
Predator Concrete Jungle (book, not game)

I may add more later on, but this is the list so far.  So now you know what to look at for the giveaway. :)

AcidGlow

Maybe nobody cares to go through all that trivia for a puny dlc code of 3 shitty skins.. >_>
You're going through so much for something so small... In my "game giveaways" where I give actual games away for free.. I open a contest and let ppl enter easily.. you're asking for too much I say..

predxeno

Fair enough, what's your idea for a giveaway?

Rah

I probably won't be too good at the whole trivia thing. my idea for a giveaway would be to randomly pick someone on this thread who's interested. Kinda boring but seems the most pain free way to me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed