Mod Requests / Idea Sharing

Started by Undel, Aug 21, 2010, 03:18:35 AM

Author
Mod Requests / Idea Sharing (Read 105,729 times)

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: TyrantGer on Apr 24, 2011, 02:39:37 PM
Quote from: Mozer on Apr 23, 2011, 10:14:01 PM
I remember seeing that a while back. Wish I knew why people make these awesome mods and don't release them.
To inflate their ego, maybe? They like all the attention they're getting?

The Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout modding communities are the worst for crap like that.

I just can't believe what I'm reading  :o
Usually, when you take time to mod on something, that's because it needs time.
I could easily make a map in two weeks, but it wouldn't be as badass as if I take one year on it.
Modders love to impress the audience, not themselves since there's no point, they know what they can do, FOR YOU, NOT FOR THEM, don't forget it.  ::)

TyrantGer

TyrantGer

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 24, 2011, 03:47:47 PM
I could easily make a map in two weeks, but it wouldn't be as badass as if I take one year on it.
Modders love to impress the audience, not themselves since there's no point, they know what they can do, FOR YOU, NOT FOR THEM, don't forget it.  ::)
But not all people are like that, though. It's all about bragging rights, too. Go to any Oblivion or Fallout mod site (For example) and you'll see it. There are people out there who think they're better at modding than others.

I've been PC gaming for about 6 years now and every game I get, I go looking for mods and nearly every single modding site I've been to has at least one or two people who do that crap.

EDIT: Elitists! That's who I'm talking about! Couldn't think of the word for a sec.

EDIT 2:
Quote from: MoonerSK on Apr 24, 2011, 04:10:45 PM
my new termal vision for predator:

[pics]

download link: http://www.fileserve.com/file/nQPUsZY

Very nice, Mooner!

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: TyrantGer on Apr 24, 2011, 04:07:48 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 24, 2011, 03:47:47 PM
But not all people are like that, though. It's all about bragging rights, too. Go to any Oblivion or Fallout mod site (For example) and you'll see it. There are people out there who think they're better at modding than others.

I've been PC gaming for about 6 years now and every game I get, I go looking for mods and nearly every single modding site I've been to has at least one or two people who do that crap.

You know that this is the AVP modding community, not oblivion.
The modders are pretty much united there, just see what they achieved with UHM for AVP2.
Hell, even a single modder (AJL) brought more people to make a small team for the release of his third mod.
There's a kind of union in the AVP community. A bound that will be forever.

The tools are also less accessible to the general public (usually) which means most of time, modders are mature enough and not self centred.

----------------------

Very nice MoonerSK! I would just suggest you to play a bit more with the greenish. But it's looking good anyway!  ;)

TyrantGer

TyrantGer

Quote from: Le Celticant on Apr 24, 2011, 04:18:30 PM
You know that this is the AVP modding community, not oblivion.
The modders are pretty much united there, just see what they achieved with UHM for AVP2.
Hell, even a single modder (AJL) brought more people to make a small team for the release of his third mod.
There's a kind of union in the AVP community. A bound that will be forever.

The tools are also less accessible to the general public (usually) which means most of time, modders are mature enough and not self centred.
Well, that's good to hear.

ikarop

MoonerSK

MoonerSK

how did you change the colour of alien?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: ikarop on Apr 30, 2011, 12:29:01 AM
And another one for the pack: http://www.moddb.com/members/avpgalaxy/addons/avpgalaxy-vision-pack

Remind me so much the epic vision the predator had in AVP2 with a green background!!!!!!
Very nice, as always  ;)

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

And another one for the pack: http://www.moddb.com/members/avpgalaxy/addons/avpgalaxy-vision-pack

Your VisonPack works on my AVP well
However, there is no sound when I change my vision
Is it a glitch or my personal problem???

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: alanwu1233 on Apr 30, 2011, 03:15:54 PM

Your VisonPack works on my AVP well
However, there is no sound when I change my vision
Is it a glitch or my personal problem???

Thanks for noticing, it should be fixed now.

alanwu1233

alanwu1233

Is it possible to change the Warrior skin in SP into Warrior Ridged skin ???

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: [HPN]Eliminator on May 02, 2011, 11:23:04 AM
Please!!!!   someone make it! http://www.figures.com/forums/news/12977-life-size-stalker-predator-mask.html
I'd try but I think it would look like shit in-game. Probably best to leave that one until custom models are a reality.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

This mask is great!
But as Ikarop said without the possibilities to change the model, there's no hope for doing something great with it  :(

[HPN]Eliminator

I think that it is difficult as everyone says certainly.  :-[

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Not impossible, just not possible yet with the tools we have.
If we get a full SDK, then it will be possible and even easy (model the thing with a 3D Software, make UW Map, import the whole thing with the right settings).
But since there's no SDK, it is very hard to import model without breaking the game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed